Opinion on Transformation/Cutting

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with a more untraditional approach to losing fat.

By untraditional, I mean eating (mcuh?)less than YOUR TOTAL ENERGY CONSUMPTION - 500cals.

Here’s my ‘story’:

I’m a 21yr old male.
185lb (down from 193 four weeks ago).

To give a picture of my fitnesslevel:
(The lifts are about 6months old)
Max bench: 275lb
Max DL: 451,5lb
Squat 5 rm, ass to the grass: 286lb

I don’t really have any cardio benchmarks., except some from my crossfit workouts, but I dont think they can be compared to a real HIIT session.
(Bonus for crossfitters: I completed “Fran” with a 92,5lb barbell in 5:50mins.)

For the last 4 weeks, ive been eating about 1600-2200 calories a day.

I’m keeping the carbs really low, almost non existing except from veggies, oatmeal in the morning and 35gr of dextrose in my postworkout shake.

So no concentrated amounts of carbs after my workout shake.

I’m getting alot of healthy fats and of course, lots of proteins.

I would guess my average macro nutrients split up is about
40/30/30.

I ride my bike 12kilometres to school and back home, 24kms total.
All done in a fairly steady pace, no slacking of course.

I’m doing two 45min strength training sessions a week
combined with two crossfit workouts.
If I have extra time I’ll do 1-2 HIIT sessions a week too (mostly it’s 0-1).

Well, I’m not really looking for any specifik advice (but if you got some, please post it :slight_smile: ).

I’m just a bit surprised. Because this is the first time I’m being this strict with a diet (NO cheating, even if I get high. And no alcohol of course.)
On top of that, my energy level (physically and mentally) have sky-rocketed. It’s like nothing can knock me off.
And I’m losing weight too.
One week ago the vein on my bicep became almost visible! Hurray!

The point of this thread is:

Have anyone else had sucess on a more untraditional diet combined with alot of activity?

I would love to hear about it, because I somehow fear I might be to hard on my body (tho it doesnt feel like that - it feels the opposite).

Go away.

500 cal diets only work if all of those calories come from carrots.

All I read was:

1600 cals/day

Crossfit

185 pounds

275 bench

"not really looking for any specifik advice "

“even if I get high”

“One week ago the vein on my bicep became almost visible! Hurray!”

Please leave. (gay?)Men’s Health is that a way —>

dude, you must be wasting away 1600 cals a day minus all the gay exercise you do plus hiit , then adding crossfit and bike riding.

Are you going for the anorexic crossed with the ethiopian look…??? fucken h.mo

Yes, tehre are! There’s a well known transformation guru who posts here with a crossfit background. His minker is “prof X” and he claims to thrive on <2000 calories a day. PM him for more info. Good luck.

[quote]Psymon wrote:
Have anyone else had sucess on a more untraditional diet combined with alot of activity?

I would love to hear about it, because I somehow fear I might be to hard on my body (tho it doesnt feel like that - it feels the opposite).[/quote]

His blood is on your conscience.