T Nation

Opinion on Training Schedule

I’m looking forward to change my workout that I’ve been using since one year now, which is training 6 times a week. I have noticed a lot of strength honestly and good gains but it has stopped since few months, I haven’t seen any changes, most of what I hear is that I’m over training now, I just can’t stand going to the gym less than 5 days a week maybe it’s wrong but I just feel better and maybe addicted, so I’m looking forward to change and would really like to take your opinion.

Goal: Clean Bulking and STRENGTH and some more strength.
I don�??t know why but I found the my strength and weights would go higher and increase once I train the muscle twice a week, the muscle probably wont grow much, just a big but I can lift much more heavier, when I do it once a week, weights would decrease. I would really appreciate any opinions on this and any ideas about the best workout for bulking and strength, 5x5 for example or 3x6. I read alot about 5x5 3times a week only programs, I din’t really like because of the idea of training only 3 times a week.

I’m trying to make a good training workout and would love to get your opinion on which one would be better:

So here goes the first scedual:

Sun:
Chest, biceps and forearms then 30 min of cardio
Sometimes I hit the abs if I had time

Mon:
Triceps ,shoulders, abs then 30 min of cardio

Tuesdays:
Rest

Wed:
Legs and abs then 20 min of cardio

Thu:

Back and abs then 30 min of cardio

Fri:
Rest. I would do 30 min of cardio

Sat:
I start the same thing all over again

I’m training my biceps and chest twice a week but specially the chest since it’s the weakest or utleast it doesn’t grow fast at all.

The other training would be like:

Sun:
Chest and abs , 30 min cardio

Mon:
Biceps, triceps and forearms, 30 min cardio

Tus:

Shoulders, abs, 20 min cardio

Wed:
Rest, cardio
Thu:
Legs, abs then 30 min cardio

Fri:
Back, abs, 30 min cardio

Sat:
Rest

Then I start all over again

My workout used to be something like training each muscle twice a week, 6 days a week so everyone advised me to give a try for a change. Honestly the only reason I was doing it is because of the increase in weights and strength that I noticed, but would really want to get stronger but now bigger then before.

I’d jump on a full body routine.

What are your stats and goals?

Bulking and Strength