Opinion on Prioritizing Muscle Groups

No, i do mean a Full Body routine daily - check my log.

Unsure if any program would show benefit for a whole year, but agree that most of the specifics regarding workout splits are minimal.

Yes, but of course, thats what im saying. Rest times included. For someone like you, who has some muscle and is strong, i cant imagine doing full body if full legs take so much time. Even if recovery was there, the session would be 3-5 hours to actually do all the work. The weaker the person the less he needs but 95% of people after they gain some size and strength wont be able to do anything after legs. In fact, many even split them up.

1 Like

I always liked to prioritize a muscle group, if for no other reason than to add interest in my training. When I say prioritize it does not mean neglect a muscle group. It just means that the next time period (2 to 3 months) my first exercises were targeting my priority group.

Like I said previously, I never would recommend a total body workout. I liked hitting most muscle groups twice a week. So only on two workouts in any week will I be working a prioritized muscle. On a prioritized group I will be trying to get stronger and also add a little volume to that muscle.

For your upper body, all muscle groups need to get fuller. Just pick one, it doesn’t matter which one, and prioritize it for 2 months. Track your strength increases, bodyweight and the mirror. Then pick a different muscle group and do likewise, And so on, and so on

You never mentioned your age or years training. But you did mention your speed was good. How good? Are you “track and field” fast? You might be blessed with high percentage of fast twitch muscle fiber, in which case, you can likely build some serious muscle thickness.

A bit late answer. I don’t know what are benchmarks, but here are some results from last year:

• 100m: 11.4sec (no blocks)
  • Cooper: 3200m
  • Weighted Chinup 62.5kg/138lbs
  • Handstand pushups 8reps (strict, against wall)
  • Frontsquat 140kg/308lbs
  • Barbell Single-Leg Deadlift 120kg/165lbs(Both legs, starting from up position, and short stop on the floor)
  • Benchpress 115kg(253lbs)
    Bw is about 85kg/187lbs