Hey guys, so I’ve hired a personal trainer for the last two weeks, because as an ectomorph I’m struggling to get decent gains regardless of my diet and exercise and I was looking for some advice and help, but I don’t feel comfortable with him, he carry a good reputation and his “method” seems to work, accordingly to a few people that have trained with him, mostly bodybuilders with years of experience, but I don’t know if it is me that I’m wrong or I’m better stay away from this guy, here are the key facts that make me think that maybe I’m better on my own:
- I had a very detailed of log of what I’ve eaten everyday from the past year, with macros and calories that seems to work for me, he told me that is useless so I must throw it away.
- I also had a log of major exercises with weight and repetitions that I have made, now I’m lost with that because he told me that I don’t need to keep that unless I’m a powerlifter, and that my main concern is to keep metabolic stress.
- The first evaluation he insist on weight me and take measures of me, regardless that I’ve eaten a good meal as post workout in the previous hour, the next evaluations were the same, I had my meals but also he weights me and takes measures.
- The “diet” that he recommends doesn’t have any activity consideration, age, weight, is more like a “one size fits all” diet and are most like it’s based on his experience.
- The warm ups are a little strange, at least for me, something like 2 sets of 50 reps, or 2 sets of 100 reps.
On the good side:
- Workouts were kinda good.
- Good reputation from a couple of people.
What do you think about this? Should I stay with this guy? Or I’m better grinding alone.