Opinion on my Labs?

-height: 5’11
-waist 35 inches
-weight: 220
-describe body and facial hair: Full head of hair. Facial hair growth seems fine.
-describe where you carry fat and how changed: Stomach/hips/face
-health conditions: I was started on TRT at age 24. Doctors could not figure out why my test levels suddenly plummeted at that age. Free test was around 6. I was weighing 175 with 9% body fat (approximate) and then depression/anxiety hit. I gained weight and lost energy which led to hormone testing. I suffered head trauma in an auto accident at 17. I also had mononucleuosis for over two years from 15-17 causing lymph nodes to be swollen all over my body. During that time, I had five different lymph node biopsies which were all negative for cancer. After docs were clueless on cause, eventually we just started TRT so I could at least feel better.

-Rx and OTC drugs: Effexor XR (SNRI Antidepressant)

TRT Protocol during the lab work below: 225mg of testosterone cypionate (split into 3 75mg Sub-Q injections per week). 250iu of HCG twice per week.

This protocol is a higher dosage of Test than I’ve ever taken. I have never felt better with TRT so doc wanted to increase dosage. I rarely have morning wood. The lab results below are after I had been on 225/week (with no AI) for a month. The lab results were taken two days after one of my 75mg injections.

Lab Results:

TSH: 4.080 (0.450-4.500)

T4, Free: 0.8 (0.8-1.8 ng/dl)

T3, Free: 3.6 (2.3-4.2 ng/dl)

T3, Total: 119 (76-181 ng/dl)

T3 Uptake: 28 (22-35%)

T4, Total: 4.7 (4.5-12)

Free T4 Index: 1.3 (1.4-3.8)

Androstenedione: 139 (50-220)

Dihydrotestosterone: 155 (16-79 ng/dl)

T3, Reverse: 11 (8-25)

Pregnenolone: 21 (13-208 ng/dl)

Estradiol: 79 (< or = 39)

SHBG: 27 (10-50)

Testosterone, Total: 1081 (250-1100 ng/dl)

Free Testosterone: 333.2 (35-155 pg/ml)

I also had cortisol saliva testing (4 times in one day) done and I don’t have the exact results but the doc said they were “optimal”.

Because of the above estradiol results, the doc put me on 1mg of Anastrazole twice per week (total of 2mg/week). I started that yesterday. When I was on 150mg/week, my estradiol was in the 20’s without an AI. He didn’t lower the T-dose despite my Free test being very high.

I’m very ignorant on matters of the thyroid. My numbers seem strange. The doc said he’d monitor it. My body temperature yesterday was 97.8 in the morning, 98.2 in the afternoon, and to be honest I forgot to take a reading before bed. I feel HOT all of the time but my extremeties are cold.

Any chance of a thyroid issue based on the above info? I appreciate your time guys.

yes, thyroid looks wrong.

T3, Free: 3.6 (2.3-4.2 ng/dl) indicates that body temps should be OK, but not.

What is your long term use of iodized salt and/or vitamins that list iodine?

Low T4 suggests iodine deficiency.

Cold hands and feet? Outer eyebrows sparse? Dry skin?

Low thyroid function can explain your symptoms.

This is absolutely horrible.
Estradiol: 79 (< or = 39)
The higher your T levels, the more AI you need.

If you are an anastrozole over-responder, your E2 levels will crash and you will feel worse. Otherwise, you may feel some very good effects in 4-5 days. AI at time of injections would be good, but hard to split 1mg tablets. See if you can get E2 labs in 3 weeks and we can refine dose from there. New_Dose = old_Dose x (E2 pg/ml / 22 pg/ml)

Will do the on the E2 test.

As far as Iodine, I’ve been somewhat routine in my usage of a multi-vitamin with 150mcg of potassium iodide. I do not add salt to anything. I’ll look into supplementation. If anyone has any recommendations, I’d appreciate it.

And KSman as always, I’m extremely appreciative of your response.

Please look at the thyroid basics sticky re iodine and body temperatures.

You need selenium in your diet. Note at top of above sticky.