Opinion on Labs & Protocol

Hey guys just looking for some overall opinions on my labs & protocol.

I’ve also been on finasteride for about 3 years now 1mg every other day.

Saw a naturopathic doctor for constant joint / tendon inflammation issues… which led us to do a full lab panel that indicated that my hormones weren’t optimal for someone my age (27).

He suggested we try putting me on HCG 500iu 3x week + 0.25mg arimidex 1x week.
He wanted to try some thyroid medication as well but i decided to hold off for now and see how this does.

Labs were as follows…

Free Testosterone (ng/dL) 9.96
Testosterone (ng/dL) 556
Dihydrotestosterone (ng/dL) 13 L
Estrone (pg/mL) 21
Estradiol (pg/mL) 23.4 L
FSH (mlU/mL) 6.4
LH (mlU/mL) 5.7
Progesterone (ng/mL) 0.40
Pregnenolone (ng/dL) 111
Growth Hormone (ng/mL) 0.86
Cortisol (μg/dL) 13.3
Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (μg/dL) 194
Human sex hormone-binding globulin (nmol/L) 44
Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (ng/mL) 215
TSH (μlU/mL) 3.69
T4 (μg/dL) 8.2
T4, free (ng/dL) 1.42
T3 (ng/dL) 113
T3, Free (pg/mL) 3.4

Do you have ranges

Is this for an AI?

If it is, I am shocked esp from a naturopath

I don’t think that dose is enough. I would stay away from blocking E2. Estrogen is good for joints.

Yes arimidex*

Finasteride can cause hormonal imbalances and even cause gyno, finasteride caused depression and anxiety in the mice during the studies. 50iu 3x times per week is absurdly low, please find a new doctor who knows what he’s doing.

You more than likely have an autoimmune thyroid disease where the immune system attacks the thyroid gland if your TSH has anything to say about it.

Reference ranges for TSH and thyroid hormones

The evidence for a narrower thyrotropin reference range

It has become clear that previously accepted reference ranges are no longer valid as a result of both the development of more highly sensitive TSH assays and the appreciation that reference populations previously considered normal were contaminated with individuals with various degrees of thyroid dysfunction that served to increase mean TSH levels for the group. Recent laboratory guidelines from the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry indicate that more than 95% of normal individuals have TSH levels below 2.5 mU/liter. The remainder with higher values are outliers, most of whom are likely to have underlying Hashimoto thyroiditis

Google “Post Finasteride Syndrome”.

https://www.pfsfoundation.org/

https://medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArticles/March2016/PostFinasterideSyndrome.htm

Sorry I got that wrong 500 3x a week for the HCG.

Tbh I haven’t had any major side effects like you hear about with finasterise. At least none I’m aware of.

However, I have been planning on switching to topical RU to get away from any systemic effects.

Will look into the TSH info you posted thanks

Personally I don’t think you’ll get your total testosterone high enough to increase free testosterone into the high normal ranges on HCG without running into estrogen sides which anastrozole will do little to tame.

Anastrozole cannot affect estrogen produced inside the testicles forcing you to lower your HCG dosage sacrificing optimal testosterone levels.

Interesting, I wasn’t aware regarding Anastrozole and HCG.

I’ve actually been feeling more anxious while on HCG, which doesnt help it being a viable long term approach anyway.

I guess traditional TRT might have to be an option.

At my free T level, would the overall physical & well-being improvements of TRT be worth jumping on at my age (27)?

Why not? If you are going to start taking chemicals to manipulate your hormones why not just inject what you actually need and make the most of the situation.

Whether your fat or your nuts make E2 anastrozole will reduce the bodies total E2.
Who cares if it does not effect what your nuts make.
Anyone on HCG high enough to raise TT an AI will be needed unless you just like bitchtits.