Opinion on Christmas Gift!

I’d like to purchase one of the following, either a hip sled for dragging, or a hipbelt for squatting.

I’ve been precluded from squatting due to a bulging disc, so Ironmind makes a belt, that basically you can squat without having the bar on your back. See the link below:

mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1220

Or, I was going to buy a sled for GPP, to drag around to increase strength. You basically placed free weights on the sled and drag it around. I’ve done this and it’s great conditioning.

Which do you recommend, a squat belt or buying a sled to drag around a park?

Thanks,

What are your goals?

I will say this for the sled in that it is very versatile. There’s a variety of exercises for both upper and lower body regardless of your goals; fat loss, strength, general conditioning, etc.

I’m familiar with the Ironmind product you’re making reference to however I’ve yet to use the product. I will say this though, all of Ironmind’s stuff is high quality.

Why not both? Get a tire for free, put an eye bolt through it and throw a piece of plywood in the ceter to hold weight. Then buy the hip belt.

[quote]Seattle_Lifter wrote:
Why not both? Get a tire for free, put an eye bolt through it and throw a piece of plywood in the ceter to hold weight. Then buy the hip belt.[/quote]

Man, you gotta love that. $20 at Home Depot and you’re set – what a great idea.

The Spud products Elite sells are excellent, too.

[quote]Seattle_Lifter wrote:
Why not both? Get a tire for free, put an eye bolt through it and throw a piece of plywood in the ceter to hold weight. Then buy the hip belt.[/quote]

Great idea. What do you use for a harness/belt and rope/straps to connect to the tire?

Thanks.