Opinion of Bob Sapp

What’s your opinion of him as a fighter?

And does he even still fight?

His most recent fight…

I think Sapp was a smart man for what he did in Japan, and he also dispelled a lot of myths for those who thought skill always trumps size, and for that I can respect him, but he was hardly a boon to MMA and kickboxing. I mean, in kickboxing, there are bigger and better freaks than him and today the same stands true in MMA.

There’s nothing that pisses me off more than all these 160 lb BJJ blue belts who think they could beat up Mike Tyson.

His last fight was this February where he lost to Jan Nortje.

While he did manage to improve over the years, he never will be a top fighter. Entertaining to watch, especially when he gets completely winded after the initial “bullrush”.

Sapp was pretty successful in K-1, at least in the beginning, where he defeated Hoost twice. After Cro Cop broke his orbital bone, it went downhill…

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:

His most recent fight…

I think Sapp was a smart man for what he did in Japan, and he also dispelled a lot of myths for those who thought skill always trumps size, and for that I can respect him, but he was hardly a boon to MMA and kickboxing. I mean, in kickboxing, there are bigger and better freaks than him and today the same stands true in MMA.

There’s nothing that pisses me off more than all these 160 lb BJJ blue belts who think they could beat up Mike Tyson.[/quote]

What the hell did he do in Japan that was so smart?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:

His most recent fight…

There’s nothing that pisses me off more than all these 160 lb BJJ blue belts who think they could beat up Mike Tyson.

What the hell did he do in Japan that was so smart?[/quote]

He made a lot of things happen for himself without having any great skill, just marketed himself well.

Made millions. He is an icon. Even a rudimentary look online would reveal this.

when i think of bob sapp, i think of his fight against kro cop. enough said.

Weak chin. Shit training. Could improve, but why? There is really no superheavy weight movement. Also, has be hard to find training partners for Superheavy Weight.

[quote]HueyLewis wrote:
when i think of bob sapp, i think of his fight against kro cop. enough said.[/quote]

When I think of Cro Cop I think of his fight against Gonzaga.

[quote]HueyLewis wrote:
when i think of bob sapp, i think of his fight against kro cop. enough said.[/quote]

Is that how Wanderlei should be judged as well? Or cro cop, for that matter, for his performance against Gonzaga?

Dude Bob Sapp sucks.

The morons are thick in this thread.

In true vale tudo, Nogueria would be dead.

I bet the haters posting in this thread don’t know why that is.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

I bet the haters posting in this thread don’t know why that is. [/quote]

Why so much hate, Cali?

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

I bet the haters posting in this thread don’t know why that is. [/quote]

How’d you come to that conclusion Cali? With the exception of headbutts (which I think Nog could deal with) what other weapons will he have?

OMC

[quote]OMC wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

How’d you come to that conclusion Cali? With the exception of headbutts (which I think Nog could deal with) what other weapons will he have?

OMC

[/quote]

I guess because Sapp piledrived Nog in their fight. If true vale tudo means out on the street yeah Nog might have died.

I don’t think this is much of a point because mma is a sport now.

Bob Sapp definetely improved his kickboxing. Though he was more suited for mma I think.

I don’t think his chin was a problem. I don"t think his cardio was his main weakness. His problem was he would give up. Turn his back, curl up. I don’t think this would have been corrected with training. And it never did get better.

[quote]otoko wrote:
OMC wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

OMC

I guess because Sapp piledrived Nog in their fight. If true vale tudo means out on the street yeah Nog might have died.

I don’t think this is much of a point because mma is a sport now.

Bob Sapp definetely improved his kickboxing. Though he was more suited for mma I think.

I don’t think his chin was a problem. I don"t think his cardio was his main weakness. His problem was he would give up. Turn his back, curl up. I don’t think this would have been corrected with training. And it never did get better.[/quote]

Ah I see…I considered Vale Tudo as the original everything goes rules that included headbutts and groin shots etc but still took place in a ring.

MMA is not a streetfight and people here are judging the beast on his MMA ability not on his street fighting ability. Thats why Cali’s post kinda puzzled me.

OMC

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:

His most recent fight…

What the hell did he do in Japan that was so smart?[/quote]

He definitely capatalized on his unique atributes.

Dude, Just imagine the women this guy had lining up!

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:

His most recent fight…

What the hell did he do in Japan that was so smart?

He definitely capatalized on his unique atributes.

Dude, Just imagine the women this guy had lining up!
[/quote]

Asian women are the worse of the bunch. I’d rather take one hot Latina then 20 Asians girls. Unless Sapp was importing chicks from Latin America, he got short changed on the women.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
HueyLewis wrote:
when i think of bob sapp, i think of his fight against kro cop. enough said.

Is that how Wanderlei should be judged as well? Or cro cop, for that matter, for his performance against Gonzaga? [/quote]

fair enough from both of you. i wasnt saying any particular thing about anybody, its just literally what i think of cause that left kick to the ribs was nasty.

He would have had a broken neck, even in the ring.

I’m glad someone at least saw the fight before commenting on Sapp.