Opinion If I'm Low T?

They dont show those tests in canada if your in the low normal.

T is definitly low for your age, you are secondary (problem is with the pituitary releasing LH).
A trauma to your testicles would make you primary (LH high but low T).
Fasting glucose is slightly elevated. A low glucose tolerance is frequently associated with low T, but in turn, pre-diabetes can also cause low T. May good to do a glucose tolerance test.
But it might well remain unknown what causes your pituitary to be sluggish. Thyroid looks fine.

Eventually TRT, low dose Clomid might also be an option (12.5 mg eod) especially if fertility is a concern. New studies show its also an option long term, however Clomid has also the reputation of being a ‘dirty’ drug (many targets).

Dermal T works for some men, but it increases DHT significantly (risk factor for CVD) and you have a risk of T transmission to other persons. Especially with kids in the house its a no no.

Long term, injectable T.

Your testosterone is very low and at that age your options except TRT will most likely not work. You can try clomid or HCG monotherapy as well.

Here is my most recent fasting sugar test last month.

@darrel777 No matter how many times you test it it is low. I guess you have the symptoms, right?

Most people get their symptoms relieved above 22 in this scale, some need to go 30.

How do you think you can achieve that? I measure my T in the same scale. Mine is moving from 13 to 19, I plan to start TRT soon.

This is only the total T, free T is what matters but the total T together with SHBG can be conclusive enough in most cases

1 Like

What do you guys think of trying DAA?

Fasting glucose is at the upper level, so is HbA1c. Values are very close to what is defined as prediabetes.
Try to get a glucose tolerance test done. They will give you 50 or 75 g of a glucose solution to drink and measure blood glucose over a 2h period.
If high fasting glucose is associated with high lipid levels then one speaks about the metabolic syndrome. Both, low glucose tolerance and the metabolic syndrome are the cause and the result of low T at the same time.
If a glucose tolerance test shows you diabetic or pre diabetic then you have to fix this. First with diet and exercise, depending on severity also with insulin.
If the glucose test turns out to be ok and no other disease causing systematic inflammation is lingering around (osteoarthritis) then it’s time for TRT.

DAA wont help.

Doesnt the A1C show the average for 3 months for diabetic screening what does the 2 hour test show how well I handle the sugar?

My blood work showing c reactive protein was 1.0 so no inflammation.

Thanks for your input

To detect pre diabetes the HbA1c is not sensitive enough. Only the glucose tolerance test can reliably determine your glucose tolerance.

Do you have any risk factors for diabetes? Family members affected or high BMI?

Is it the high sensitive hsCRP value?

See below.

My dad has diebetes and is on insulin just recently.

I have thalissma trait.

My waist is 31inch
BP 120/80

Other test results are below from july.

Here is another test the above one is July this is june one month prior.

My guess would be that the borderline high fasting glucose and the A1c is a result of your genetical makeup. TRT will most likely improve things for you incl the glucose tolerance. Long term thats i think were you are heading.

But i would recommend to do the glucose test anyway. It could also make things easier to get the T treatment.

If fertility is a concern then either try to convince your physician to go for Clomid (12.5 mg eod, not higher - i link a study below) or go on injectable T and add hCG.

Ok I’ve booked the test for next week.

I’ll update you guys.

I had tried TRT androgel for 2 weeks a d injections for 4 months in the past but I quit. As I was getting side affects I had no erections at all symptoms seemed worse while on it. Doc tried to lower dose to from 1 cc to .75 cc a week and it dident work. Well for me so I decided to quit. I think my body is designed for lower levels due to my low SHBG I dont want to go down the same road again. Which is why I’m coming here first this time.

My health is a concern and I want to do everything possible. I can easily get test depo, androgel , natesto basically anything I want from my endo just not the protocol they seem confused about protocol which is why I quit without help.

I actually felt the best on the 1 pump of androgel each arm that’s a very very low dose. Compared to the test depo.

Also to note

When I quit injections last time as I came off I actually noticed my erections seemed stronger missing the next weekly upcoming shot.

When I quit I did not do any PCT as the endos dont do that here.

Fertility wise I guess I’m lucky I have had two kids already.

Congrats to the kids ! Thats definitly one concern less.

If you go on T take it easy and start with a low dose, im or subq.

I am doing well on 3x 25mg T enant subq resulting in average levels of 550.

Here is a test for when I was on 1 cc a week.

I wonder if your dad’s testosterone levels are low, some middle aged men lose glucose control when T is low.

Would he not be too old for trt at 64

Depending on his medical condition, he may not be