Openly Gay T-members

I don’t know why JMB are being flamed for the statement he made. Gays ARE KNOWN for keeping themselves looking good by working out and super metroish way of taking care of themselves. There’s alot of pressure for gays to look good. Of course not all gays works out or live the good life style (most of them live normal, which means bad), that goes without saying, but they ARE KNOWN for it. Here in New York City, if you head into any straight gym, you see bunch of normal looking individuals and some well developed guys here and there. Now go to a gay gym, forget it about it, all you see is juiced up boys parading around. Gays worship gym bodies and likes to be the center of attention, so lots of them will do whatever it takes to build thier bodies up so they can “get some” the way they want it.

There have been a few openly gay members here over the years. Not too many, though. ZEB, for instance, loves the cock. hahaha.

The use of fag, homo, etc. is a little more complicated than just stereotyping gay people. There are some other factors involved besides bigotry, although bigotry is still a part of it for a lot of people. If you have a friend that presents himself as straight, yet is in fact gay, then that is dishonest. Calling someone on this would therefore also be about confronting their dishonesty, and this plays into the jokes as well.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
JMB wrote:

I’m pretty sure gays come in all shapes and sizes just like the rest of us.

[/quote]

Do you mean mouths and asses?

Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all week.

DB

[quote]oriensus wrote:
I don’t know why JMB are being flamed for the statement he made. Gays ARE KNOWN for keeping themselves looking good by working out and super metroish way of taking care of themselves. There’s alot of pressure for gays to look good. Of course not all gays works out or live the good life style (most of them live normal, which means bad), that goes without saying, but they ARE KNOWN for it. Here in New York City, if you head into any straight gym, you see bunch of normal looking individuals and some well developed guys here and there. Now go to a gay gym, forget it about it, all you see is juiced up boys parading around. Gays worship gym bodies and likes to be the center of attention, so lots of them will do whatever it takes to build thier bodies up so they can “get some” the way they want it. [/quote]

You mean being juiced up and wearing a thong and slapping each other on the butt could be considered gay?

Aside from that, they do the same things straight people do to get a piece of ASS. They’re just interested in MALE ass.

I have to admit there is a lot of homophobic reterohic going on in these forums. I know most people use it jokingly but in all honesty I have no problem with someones adverse sexual orientation. I myself could not fathom the idea of trying to rub weiners with another dude it’s just not my style but then again different strokes for different folks. I have to admit the stereo type placed on homosexuals has them labeled as ass pirates who’ll do what they can to turn a straight man on to penis enlightenment , but I find this to be very misleading. Most gays could careless as to whether or not some one is straight, so why does society place such a important judgement on them? I have no problem with them, hey if you want play with someone else’s weiner go ahead, but I like women.

I also look at it like this, why would I want to play with someone else’s weiner, when I have my own to play with.

Bullpup

My GF works with a gay guy.

-Who is a theatrical design major

-Who is definitely the “girl” in his monogomous relationship (I can actually have a conversation with his “husband”, about football, motorcycles, 4X4’s, and dude movies.)

-Who eats McDonalds and Starbucks for breakfast every day

-Who is the biggest lump of lard I know.

So, not all gay guys are into fitness.

society judges us all. I’m tired of this “society only judges me!” type syndrome we have in America.

You’re fat. We judge you.
You’re gay. We Judge you.
Black, White, Asian. We judge you.
a guy? Yep we judge you too
a chick? i think we all judge you :wink:

that is what makes us human and western. We JUDGE. We look at something, we evaluate it and we determine if its the best.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

But I can’t understand all the stupid gay jokes.
Guys - that is so childish and untestosteronish.
And NO, I won’t point out that I’m not gay, because my sexual orientation should be totally irrelevant to you.[/quote]

There’s no doubt from your avatar which way you’re leaning. nttawwt.

DB

[quote]Diomede wrote:
society judges us all. I’m tired of this “society only judges me!” type syndrome we have in America.

that is what makes us human and western. We JUDGE. We look at something, we evaluate it and we determine if its the best. [/quote]

I agree with this and even stated such on the fat people thread a couple of weeks back. Human beings are judgmental. I don’t think it is a Western phenomenon however, rather it is universal. If 90% of the population were gay, don’t pretend that there wouldn’t be straight guy jokes. We, as humans, like to pick on those who are different. That doesn’t mean we can’t laugh about our differences and don’t have compassion for those that we joke about. I have shared some great laughs with gay people making weiner jokes and the like. Aside from their orientation, they are just like everyone else (generally speaking) in that some are in shape, some aren’t, some dress well, some don’t, some have senses of humor and some don’t.

I agree, some people take it too far on this forum, just like they do in the real world. But any resulting backlash can serve as our guage on where the boundaries lie so we can adjust from there. I like to make jokes. I like to make gay jokes, racial jokes, women jokes, man jokes (even if I don’t agree with them), ethnicity, nationality, midgets, you name it. I especially like to make self-deprecating jokes (and they don’t offend me). It doesn’t mean that I have any underlying biases against these people, it’s that the jokes make people laugh and I get enjoyment from that and I always have. Busting on each other and others is male bonding. It is locker room talk - our way of being emotionally connected without asking each other if our asses look big in these jeans. Let’s all take a deep breath and look at the big picture. Keep making jokes. If someone is offended, speak up and we should be respectful of that person (within reason) and tone it down or apologize - just like we would in a face to face encounter. Lastly, if any of you are really offended by most of the threads, you don’t have to stay here.

DB

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
There are some openly gay posters here.

As long as they don’t marry I don’t think anyone has a problem with it. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

LMFAO Holy shit that’s freaking funny!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
As long as they don’t marry I don’t think anyone has a problem with it. :)[/quote]

Man, don’t open that can of worms here…

Hmmmmm… “interesting”.
Ha ha ha…yea right!

Can you remember how Will and Grace was ‘controversial’ years back. I remember MTV pulled a video off the air because two girls were kissing.

Now I can’t turn on the TV without seeing some girls make out on a ‘girls gone wild’ DVD commercial.

I’m not gay, but I commend the gay society for how far they’ve come - I think our society has formed a much more realistic and accepting view of homosexuality.

…and as far as gay guys being gym guys…I’ve only known a couple gay fitness guys…the rest of the gay guys I’ve known have been either average or even fat. However, much like we gawk at Jessica Alba and Angelina Jolie, gay guys gawk at fit dudes like Brad Pitt and…whoever else gay guys gawk at.

That’s my take.

CR

snip [quote]bullpup wrote:
I know most people use it jokingly but in all honesty I have no problem with someones adverse sexual orientation.Bullpup[/quote] snip

Adverse? This term itself makes their lifestyle derrogatory.

This site does at times use homosexuality derrogatorily, though I never saw “faggot” used. Talking with a dear friend about the use of the terms “gay” and “queer,” as she is homosexaual in nature… she uses the terms, too. It’s merely meant to describe a persons demeanor, as in “he’s a flamer.” This is meant to say he is flamboyant in his lifestyle. BUT, it’s not used negatively. Similar to stupid vs. ignorant or moron or retard. For my uses, gay has meant an effeminent man. If I said “you’re effeminent,” would that offend? But “gay” does? “Fucking faggot” is just plain rude.

This derrogatory use is mainly used by men that are afraid of “catching the gay” or being associated, thus becoming gay through association. Sorry, but these are weak, intimidated and insecure people. I have and have had friends that are sexually attracted to their own gender. I’ve had better and more open discussions with them than my “macho man” friends. It’s a “real man” that knows himself and isn’t afraid of what others think that doesn’t put down gay people, as this act in essence, shows his real fear. The fear is insecurity.

If I think I need to tell you you’re acting gay, I will. Same thing with acting as an ass.

Sometimes, people are just too sensitive. Gheez. Quit acting like little girls. Aw, crap. Now I’ve offended little girls.

[quote]msuchancey wrote:
gay guys gawk at fit dudes like Brad Pitt and…whoever else gay guys gawk at.

CR[/quote]

umm hmm, acting like you don’t know who they gawk at. You know you have the whole list.

DB

[quote]msuchancey wrote:
Can you remember how Will and Grace was ‘controversial’ years back. I remember MTV pulled a video off the air because two girls were kissing.

Now I can’t turn on the TV without seeing some girls make out on a ‘girls gone wild’ DVD commercial.

CR[/quote]

Dude, please don’t get Girls Gone Wild pulled by speaking of it so openly. There are Zebs around who will actively fight our ability to view two chicks kissing and feeling each other’s tits while being poorly censored with a giant “Girls Gone Wild” sign pasted over their nipples. It is a simple reminder that pussy is everywhere and sometimes, a guy just needs to see that…just to feel safe and right with the world.

[quote]kroby wrote:
Aw, crap. Now I’ve offended little girls.[/quote]

And “little” people in general. Why can’t they act like BIG girls? What do you have against the obese? I mean “calorically challenged”?

I used to work with a guy who proudly gay, and yet if he didn’t trust you enough to be “himself” with you, making comments about a guys ass while I made comments about a chicks tits, then you would never know he was. [I know this sounds kinda like a contradiction, but still]. I always kinda felt sorry for him that he felt he had to hide who he was from other co-workers.

Oh and he always knew the best gay jokes [and infact thought they were funny as hell].

BTW, I’m about as straight as they come, but I’m not so conceited that I can’t respect someone elses choice in life.

[Oh and Dan, if that was you “commin’ out” before, respect man, thats a hard thing to do in a place like this.]

[quote]Diomede wrote:

that is what makes us human and western. We JUDGE. We look at something, we evaluate it and we determine if its the best. [/quote]

Agreed. Though some groups have it worse than others. As far as this website goes, I think small people face way more ‘discrimination’ than gay peoples. Which makes a degree of sense given its nature.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
msuchancey wrote:

CR

Dude, please don’t get Girls Gone Wild pulled by speaking of it so openly. There are Zebs around who will actively fight our ability to view two chicks kissing and feeling each other’s tits while being poorly censored with a giant “Girls Gone Wild” sign pasted over their nipples. It is a simple reminder that pussy is everywhere and sometimes, a guy just needs to see that…just to feel safe and right with the world.[/quote]

Exactly