Opening Ampoules?

Does anyone have a good method for opening amps. I bought one of those amp openers, but I still ended up shattering the amp into a million glass pieces.

[quote]Mike823 wrote:
Does anyone have a good method for opening amps. I bought one of those amp openers, but I still ended up shattering the amp into a million glass pieces.[/quote]

The cap of a pen works pretty well and also break away from the point marked along the neck of the amp.

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Mike823 wrote:
Does anyone have a good method for opening amps. I bought one of those amp openers, but I still ended up shattering the amp into a million glass pieces.

The cap of a pen works pretty well and also break away from the point marked along the neck of the amp.[/quote]

You mean placing the cap over the amp??

just file a small cut into it using an exacto knife and snap it off.

I went around the amp using some pressure with a small serrated blade a few times to score the glass and then snapped it right off like ironjoe said.

A simple flick of the finger will open it.

There should be a score on one side of the line, this faces you as you snap it open.

Brook

[quote]Mike823 wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:
Mike823 wrote:

The cap of a pen works pretty well and also break away from the point marked along the neck of the amp.

You mean placing the cap over the amp??

[/quote]

Yes.

- YouTube this vid really helped me out
and this one as well
- YouTube