Hi, I’m posting my nutrition plan to see if anyone has helpful input to offer. I feel I’ve learn so much from this forum, and have an incredible amount of respect for so many of you here.
I’m 5’10", 42yo, 175lbs, and my BF% is about 15%.
My goal is to gain muscle and become stronger (mostly get stronger for now).
I’m loosely cycling calories and macros. More calories/carbs on workout days. More Fats on rest days. I’m trying to intake as little as possible from shakes and supplements, and more from whole foods. Can’t eat wheat and I may drop dairy as well since it’s being problematic (trying lactaid with dairy for now). Trying to figure out what whole foods to get the proper fat + protein if I drop the dairy.
So far I’m gaining about 1-2 pounds every 2 weeks.
Last Workout day:
- Breakfast bar (normally eggs + rice + bacon but I was out)
- BCAA, Creatine
- Training (45 mins)
- Surge Recovery
- (1 hour later): Chicken breast, rice, mashed potatoes, vegetables
- (3 hours later): Chicken breast, rice, mashed potatoes, vegetables (same as before)
- Cottage cheese, blueberries, 8oz 1% milk
Total: 2758 calories. 327g Carb (47%), 213g Pro (31%), 66g Fats (22%)
Fell a little short of my goal in this day, particularly on Protein.
Last Rest day:
- Ribeye Steak (14oz), Vegetables, meal bar (normally potato but I was out)
- Chipotle bowl (double steak, rice, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, tomato, vegetables)
- Greek yogurt, blueberries, walnuts
Total: 2539 calories. 102g Carb (16%), 220g Pro (35%), 139g Fats (49%)
Went a little over my goal a little with respect to fats.
Also taking multivitamins, EPA/DHA, vitamin D (2-4k/day).
I work out 3 days a week, each day has 4 exercises. Main ones are deadlift, squat, bench, and chinups. Squats are difficult as I have bad knees (bone on bone action), but with lots of straps on my knees I can handle it. Can’t go heavy though, so I focus on volume instead.
I’m progressing nicely on the deadlift (10 pounds every 1-2 weeks), current 1rm = 300. The bench has been stalled for 6 weeks at 1rm = 200. Chinups have been stalled for 3 weeks at 45lbs x 5.
I appreciate any feedback you guys can provide.