Open invite to all renegades

Coach, are you SERIOUS? Not doubting your
integrity, just stunned here.
That would be SO cool!
Now how am I supposed to concentrate at work
today???

• totally serious. The coach of those young men who were pictured in last weeks article were talking of it. Especially when it got a little cold and your motivation to get a tree down was based on a little more survival. In faith, Coach Davies

Hey guys, I’d like to send out an open invitation to anyone passing by mars anytime soon. It’s hardcore cold up here, so bring a jacket, and perhaps some oxygen. Also, the latest issue of T-mag is a little late, I haven’t gotten it yet. Is there a problem down at the post office or something?

Erick, yep, good ole John Baab is still up front. He’s always on his computer playing around with something. But it is a great hardcore gym for training. I just wish he would turn the damn A/C on in the backroom. It’s gonna be more than 100 degrees when I get in there tonight. As for Autin, I couldn’t believe it when I heard that he passed away. That is scary crazy. It’s really tragic that it happened. And like you said, he was doing so well.

JeffD, we could definitely ride on Sunday morning. There are some trails here called the "Powerlines." They are just down the road from the back door of my new pad! The trails are good, not as good as reddick. But you'll have fun. And of course, you can always ride on campus and jump stuff. Just let me know. And if you have dinner with the parents on Friday, you'll just have to miss out on some fun Renegade training! :) Keep me posted.

Where is this gym in New Orleans. I fly into New Orleans on Saturday, September 8th after being on night flights (hopefully sleeping) all night. I would like to go to a gym and get a good workout in to get the blood flowing again, and get shaved and cleaned up for the day. Where is the gym, and what is the daily visitor fee, and how do I get there from the New Orleans airport?

To Dan:
The gym isn’t actually in New Orleans, it is in Harahan, which is better b/c NO Intl. Airport is actually in Kenner which is closer to the gym. A one day pass is $10 I believe but I get two guest passes every two weeks with my check so I could give you one of those assuming I am still working there at the time. Remind me about two or three weeks beforehand and I’ll make sure I save you one. If I can’t make it to the gym to meet you I will have the pass waiting for you.

Lance,what is the name of the gym so I can look it up and find it when I am there?

Dan: The name of the gym is Elmwood Fitness Center. It’s not very hardcore but there is half of a basketball gym that has lifting platforms, med balls and dumbbells so if I’m there we would have an area to train in.

That Elmwood is HUUUGGGEE. I’d get lost trying to figure out where to work out and where to take a piss. I’m a member of one of the smaller Elmwood places (Heritage Plaza in Metairie), so I get to go to the big one on half of Saturday and all of Sunday. Maybe if I have time someday I’ll make my way over to that one to check it out.

…probably have to bring my GPS with me to figure out where I am in it…

Doc: good to hear from a fellow New Orleanian. I’m a trainer over at Elmwood so if you need some help with your workouts other than what Coach Davies can give you let me know.