Only Training The Big Three?

[quote]smallmike wrote:
I only did the big three for about a year and I had to stop due to injury. My anterior core became too weak compared to my posterior muscles, which affected my hips, and my shoulders began hurting a lot also. I’m sure some individuals could do this, but I couldn’t handle it.[/quote]

Belt or beltless?

Did you do permutations of the big three?

Anyway, my answer is yes but why do it?

I’m sure you could make great progress by doing it beltless and including different permutations. Close grip bench, rack/deficit pulls, squat lock and walk outs, front squats, low bar, high bar. If its a front squat is it cheating then though?

But then that logic takes the point out of it. “Close-grip is still sort-of-a-bench and it helps my bench, so why not?” Well fuck, why not just do whatever movement helps your bench?

I disregarded direct tricep work and cables in general until I got a routine where it told me to do them. I Started doing cable push downs and found they hit my triceps in a way I’ve never felt before and made it easy to isolate, so I still do them now and then. And guess what? Now you can actually see my triceps.