Only Public or Private Schools?

If you could choose between only public schools or only privat schools, what would you choose?

I would choose only public schools, because then everyone would get an basic education.

Private, because then everyone would get more than a basic education.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:kids
Private, because then everyone would get more than a basic education.[/quote]

what about those familys who would not be able to send their to school because of
poverty?

are you saying that a public school wouldt be able to provide more than an basic education,
because I am taking higer education at a public university.

( with basic I meen from first grade to your done with hig school )

Lots of poor people go to private schools even with the tax burden of funding public ones.

If there were only public schools everyone would get the same education. That is a bad thing.

On the other hand with private schools everyone with the means and interest could get the education they actually wanted versus the education some other buffoon thinks they need.

From my own perspective of public schools, I did not learn a f’in thing that I didn’t already learn myself or from my parents.

If we think about it logically, education is in the home first and foremost. It does not matter if we give education away for free if parents are not diligent enough to make sure their children are studying and the teachers are teaching. Giving education to people who do not care to be in class is a waste of money.

Besides, the world will always need unskilled laborers, why waste time and talent on these people?

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:kids
Private, because then everyone would get more than a basic education.[/quote]

what about those familys who would not be able to send their to school because of
poverty?[/quote]

Could they not get an education by entering the work force?

florelius, you’re mistaking education with school. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

[quote]florelius wrote:
If you could choose between only public schools or only privat schools, what would you choose?

I would choose only public schools, because then everyone would get an basic education.[/quote]

Only private schools, because then everyone wouldn’t need to go to school for 12-14 years to get a basic education.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

I would choose only public schools, because then everyone would get an basic education.[/quote]

Only private schools, because then everyone wouldn’t need to go to school for 12-14 years to get a basic education.

[/quote]
^this, FTW!!!

Publicly funded, privately delivered.

if you mandate this: [quote]Publicly funded[/quote]; you will not get this: [quote]privately delivered.[/quote]

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

if you mandate this: [quote]Publicly funded[/quote]; you will not get this: [quote]privately delivered.[/quote]
[/quote]

Private only, if you can’t afford to educate them or won’t do it yourself don’t have them. I think is most peoples problem. They feel just becaue they live they are entitled to everything.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Lots of poor people go to private schools even with the tax burden of funding public ones.[/quote]

So you are 100% shure that no poor kid will not get an education if there where only privat schools
without anyform of public funding?

florelius, you’re mistaking education with school. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.[/quote]

no I am not mistaken school of life with regular school, I keep them separat.

but a question: would you accept that children grow up without being able to read, do
math et.

If there were only public schools everyone would get the same education. That is a bad thing.

On the other hand with private schools everyone with the means and interest could get the education they actually wanted versus the education some other buffoon thinks they need.

From my own perspective of public schools, I did not learn a f’in thing that I didn’t already learn myself or from my parents.

If we think about it logically, education is in the home first and foremost. It does not matter if we give education away for free if parents are not diligent enough to make sure their children are studying and the teachers are teaching. Giving education to people who do not care to be in class is a waste of money.

Besides, the world will always need unskilled laborers, why waste time and talent on these people?[/quote]

yeah why indeed waste time and money on the poor people, they can always work for minimum wages.
is this what you want liftic?

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:
Publicly funded, privately delivered.[/quote]

I can agrea with this in some settings. In my ountry we have privately driven
schools, but they are funded by the state. ps. they are not allowed to take out any
profit. I went to an state funded privat school as a child. its called the waldorf school.

but my question was between 100% privat vs 100% public. If not there will be no discussion.

[quote]florelius wrote:

florelius, you’re mistaking education with school. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.[/quote]

no I am not mistaken school of life with regular school, I keep them separat.

but a question: would you accept that children grow up without being able to read, do
math et.
[/quote]
Sure, but that does not mean I accept that I should be forced to pay for it.

I learned to read and do math – very basic stuff – at home before I even entered public school.

My parents actually did me a dis-service because I was so far ahead of everyone that I remained bored and disinterested until I “matriculated” and was able to pursue my own interests. Compulsory public education stole my youth from me and did not “educate” me one bit.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Lots of poor people go to private schools even with the tax burden of funding public ones.[/quote]

So you are 100% shure that no poor kid will not get an education if there where only privat schools
without anyform of public funding?

[/quote]

I’d think if a kid is smart and wiling they’d get one. Much more sure than smart willing kids not getting held back in a public system.

[quote]florelius wrote:

Besides, the world will always need unskilled laborers, why waste time and talent on these people?[/quote]

yeah why indeed waste time and money on the poor people, they can always work for minimum wages.
is this what you want liftic?[/quote]

You’re offering a false choice. My ex-father-in-law is the most ignorant, uneducated person I know (has never read a book and probably should be labeled functionally illiterate) and he did work for a minimum wage – set by a union – $50K/year! plus a shit-ton of benefits and a retirement pension. He proves the rule. He could have probably earned more over his lifetime if he was not forced to go to school and could have entered the workforce at an earlier age.

The vast weight of evidence shows that private schools provide a better product, cheaper than public schools. I have no idea how people argue the contrary.

The ONLY argument I’ve heard with some credibility for public schools is that in an all-private schooling environment, there will be some families who will choose not to purchase education, usually because they both can’t afford it and don’t value it, and that this will definitely make the youth involved uncompetitive in the job market when he grows up.

I think its okay to allow people to make shitty mistakes like that. And that when that youth grows up, he’ll probably be able to afford an education on his own, should he wish it.