Only Lift Twice During My Deload Next Week

I am considering deloading press/deadlift one day and bench press/squat the second day. If I do any accessory work it will probably be just some chins and band pull apart. I would rather try this if it looks like a good idea than extending the deload week into the following week. Thoughts?

Sounds just fine.

I’ve been doing that for the last 4 cycles or so, works fine.

a lot of times I just don’t go into the gym on deloads. I don’t think it really matters as long as your give yourself a break

[quote]Young33 wrote:
a lot of times I just don’t go into the gym on deloads. I don’t think it really matters as long as your give yourself a break[/quote]

Same here. Sometimes I just do nothing at all. It really seems to fuel my fire and zeal to get back into the gym after a week of nothing physical. It also doesn’t seem to have any detrimental effects on strength etc. From my personal experience, I can go about two weeks of no lifting before it affects me.

The hardest part was convincing myself it was OK to do nothing during the deload week.

I usually jam my deloads into two workouts too. Then truly relax (not do jack shit).

[quote]OTHSteve wrote:
I’ve been doing that for the last 4 cycles or so, works fine.[/quote]

Thanks brother. I knew it probably wouldn’t affect anything, but good to see others are doing it

[quote]blake b wrote:

[quote]Young33 wrote:
a lot of times I just don’t go into the gym on deloads. I don’t think it really matters as long as your give yourself a break[/quote]

Same here. Sometimes I just do nothing at all. It really seems to fuel my fire and zeal to get back into the gym after a week of nothing physical. It also doesn’t seem to have any detrimental effects on strength etc. From my personal experience, I can go about two weeks of no lifting before it affects me.

The hardest part was convincing myself it was OK to do nothing during the deload week.
[/quote]

Honestly this of all weeks is one that I could have just taken off. My schedule has been so crazy with work this week and I’m getting over a cold. Tonight I did OHP/Deadlift and just left, no accessory work.