Only in New Jersey

If any of you New Jerseyans follow Philadelphia news you’d know that with the right judge doing your sentencing, you may be looking at 55 months in a country club prison which is surely going to be reduced for good behavior. And that was for a guy convicted of 137 counts of conspiracy, fraud, obstruction of justice and tax violations. And he showed absolutely no remorse at all. Just type in Vince Fumo. He’s something of legend in Philadelphia.

[quote]itsthenickman wrote:
If any of you New Jerseyans follow Philadelphia news you’d know that with the right judge doing your sentencing, you may be looking at 55 months in a country club prison which is surely going to be reduced for good behavior. And that was for a guy convicted of 137 counts of conspiracy, fraud, obstruction of justice and tax violations. And he showed absolutely no remorse at all. Just type in Vince Fumo. He’s something of legend in Philadelphia. [/quote]

In the Feds, you serve 85% of your time, so 15% for good behavior is not what I would call “motivation” to behave. There is also no parole in the Feds. For you to get 55 months for 137 counts would require you to cooperate with the Feds on a monumental level. I am talking wire taps, controlled buys, that kind of shit. They will also be known as a snitch, which means his prison life is going to be full of difficult.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:
NJ politicans involved in corruption! Who woulda thought?

Headhunter wrote:
Rabbis are in on it too. Rabbis…of all people.

I can see some jokes coming out of that.

How bout politicians in general involved in corruption. I was going to tease FightingIrish about this, but then I remembered Detroit and the hip hop mayor regime have a record breaking campaign of corruption still going strong even with Dave Bing in office.

If it’s any consolation, an FBI spokesman said today that NJ has the worst corruption of any state in the union.

Even worse than Illinois? Chicago is famous worldwide in this way.

What gets me is the rabbis, and selling kidneys. I’ve always put people like priests and rabbis on a pedestal. I guess every part of society has its scum, even religious orders.

[/quote]

Priests and rabbis are not immune to money and greed. I am surprised that you would think this being how old you are (meaning that you are not young and naive (Ok, maybe naive but not THAT naive))

FI, does any of this actually suprise you? I live in Ocean County and the type of corruption I see in the Hassidic(don’t know if it is spelled right) jewish community through to the state govt levels is HUGE.

yup, I live in monmouth county but border lakewood where they have set up camp. It’s disgusting what they are doing to the area, as well as how they are conducting themselves.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
FI, does any of this actually suprise you? I live in Ocean County and the type of corruption I see in the Hassidic(don’t know if it is spelled right) jewish community through to the state govt levels is HUGE.[/quote]

Man, to be honest, I never even knew the fuckin Hassids were involved in the government like that. Especially like this. Completely blindsided me. Aside from a couple of towns like Fairlawn up here, there’s not a very high concentration of orthodox jews around.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

How bout politicians in general involved in corruption. I was going to tease FightingIrish about this, but then I remembered Detroit and the hip hop mayor regime have a record breaking campaign of corruption still going strong even with Dave Bing in office.

If it’s any consolation, an FBI spokesman said today that NJ has the worst corruption of any state in the union. [/quote]

Worse than kansas? Dear god

I still think Illinois is king for government corruption, Blago is next.

snipeout wrote:
FI, does any of this actually suprise you? I live in Ocean County and the type of corruption I see in the Hassidic(don’t know if it is spelled right) jewish community through to the state govt levels is HUGE.

Man, to be honest, I never even knew the fuckin Hassids were involved in the government like that. Especially like this. Completely blindsided me. Aside from a couple of towns like Fairlawn up here, there’s not a very high concentration of orthodox jews around.[/quote]

That’s pretty Naive of you, i must say.

j/k

[quote]cromwell2007 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

If it’s any consolation, an FBI spokesman said today that NJ has the worst corruption of any state in the union.

Worse than kansas? Dear god[/quote]

Kansas is no where near NJ, Kansas’ fed pen is worse, but that is about it. NJ does not touch Illinois and Illinois does not touch Arizona. New Mexico is somewhere in there.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
cromwell2007 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

Kansas is no where near NJ, Kansas’ fed pen is worse, but that is about it. NJ does not touch Illinois and Illinois does not touch Arizona. New Mexico is somewhere in there.[/quote]

You have no idea what you’re talking about. As always.

snipeout wrote:

Man, to be honest, I never even knew the fuckin Hassids were involved in the government like that. Especially like this. Completely blindsided me. Aside from a couple of towns like Fairlawn up here, there’s not a very high concentration of orthodox jews around.[/quote]

Outside of Israel, Lakewood, NJ has the largest population in the world. They are corruption at its finest. It may take time, but mark my words Lakewood, NJ is going down hard. They are so blatantly corrupt its offensive to everyone who is not hassidic yet they get away scott free.

cromwell2007 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

Kansas is no where near NJ, Kansas’ fed pen is worse, but that is about it. NJ does not touch Illinois and Illinois does not touch Arizona. New Mexico is somewhere in there.[/quote]

Atlanta USP is the worst among all, it is over 100 years old, and it is the uber shit hole from the guys I spoke with who had been there. If you wanna get real hardcore, you can go to the ADX in Colorado, where the prison is underground and inmates are not allowed to touch their mail.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Brother Chris wrote:
cromwell2007 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

Kansas is no where near NJ, Kansas’ fed pen is worse, but that is about it. NJ does not touch Illinois and Illinois does not touch Arizona. New Mexico is somewhere in there.

Atlanta USP is the worst among all, it is over 100 years old, and it is the uber shit hole from the guys I spoke with who had been there. If you wanna get real hardcore, you can go to the ADX in Colorado, where the prison is underground and inmates are not allowed to touch their mail. [/quote]

Well if you want to talk shit holes, my bathroom is beats all.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
snipeout wrote:

Man, to be honest, I never even knew the fuckin Hassids were involved in the government like that. Especially like this. Completely blindsided me. Aside from a couple of towns like Fairlawn up here, there’s not a very high concentration of orthodox jews around.

Outside of Israel, Lakewood, NJ has the largest population in the world. They are corruption at its finest. It may take time, but mark my words Lakewood, NJ is going down hard. They are so blatantly corrupt its offensive to everyone who is not hassidic yet they get away scott free.

[/quote]

When we have Sharia Law, all this corruption might come to an end. Having a hand chopped off doesn’t even compare with a few months in a country club prison.

No wonder Islam is spreading like wildfire around the world – its filling a moral vacuum.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
<<< When we have Sharia Law, all this corruption might come to an end. Having a hand chopped off doesn’t even compare with a few months in a country club prison.

No wonder Islam is spreading like wildfire around the world – its filling a moral vacuum.
[/quote]

As outlandish as many will take this as being, especially coming from you, someone who has not always gone out of their way to enhance their own credibility, I think there’s something to this.

MaximusB wrote:
Brother Chris wrote:
cromwell2007 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

Atlanta USP is the worst among all, it is over 100 years old, and it is the uber shit hole from the guys I spoke with who had been there. If you wanna get real hardcore, you can go to the ADX in Colorado, where the prison is underground and inmates are not allowed to touch their mail.

Well if you want to talk shit holes, my bathroom is beats all.[/quote]

The difference is that you can leave your bathroom at your leisure.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Brother Chris wrote:
cromwell2007 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

Max,

Always appreciate your insights on the prison system.

I believe you’ve stated you’ve had experience in one. Would you be willing to explain some details?

If not, that’s obviously cool, too.

Thanks.[/quote]

Yea I have seen the country courtesy of the justice dept. It doesn’t matter who you are, you will be riding Con-Air with the belly chain. Where you go, and how bad it is, depends mainly on the nature of the crime and how much time you have to do.

For me, I had a non-violent drug charge, so I was not looking at anything serious, or so I thought. I started off at a minimum security place in Vegas, on the Nellis Air Force Base. It was the original club Fed that Barbara Walters did her story on.

When I got there, I thought this was an absolute joke. It was day camp for adults. You had guys with non violent drug charges and all the white collar bastards there. Pretty mellow place, everyone is just waiting to go home.

Before my first year was up, this camp was going to close, because the Air Force wanted it back for it’s own use. So everyone gets transferred. I went to a Medium-High place called Terminal Island, which is about 30-40 min away from where I live.

This was some serious shit, riding up to it it looked like Castle Greyskull from He-Man. Razor wire, guard towers, dogs, huge wall, this looked bad. It was an old Navy Depot in WW2. Here you have rapists, murderers, child molesters, just some bad shit overall. You had lots of fights and some stabbings, it was never dull.

This was also where I first saw the hardcore gang activity, which sucked for me since I am a white guy who no desire to get involved. Just want to go home. Here is where the politics are, and it sucks. Depending on who you are, there are certain people you can or cannot talk to. Me being white, I can’t really say much more than “hi” to someone black and some Latinos.

Otherwise the white shot caller is going to check me and ask me why I am talking to them, again this is the guy who is supposed to protect me at some point. The rules you have to follow, don’t make much sense on the outside, but inside are crucial. No cutting in line, mind your business, don’t talk shit, dont’ stare at anyone, don’t reach over anyone’s tray for the salt/pepper in the cafeteria.

Just alot of dumb shit happens in there. You borrow something, and might not think much of it. If you don’t pay it back, the other guy might think you are a punk and might want to retaliate, when you just forgot about it.

Dealing with people who stink, have bad hygiene, complain about their time. You don’t have options anymore. If you don’t like what the chow hall has to eat, you either starve or eat your own stuff from the commissary. Food sucks royally, no taste at all.

Lifting on the yard is interesting, guys value bench press and arm size over anything else. Guys talk about lifting almost all day, ways how to change things up. You lift in groups of your own people (white, black, or whoever), and everyone watches out for everyone else. You never know when shit will jump off.

I have to say, that guys get big in there, because they lift heavy all the time. You don’t see many tricep kickbacks, but you do see alot of press variations and dips. Legs are not too important in there, hence the label the “Penitentiary Build.” Guys also gorge after working out, eating pouches of tuna, mackerel, and eggs.

Push-ups, pullups, crunches, burpees, and dips are without question the mainstays among lifts, they can be done even if the facility is on lockdown (no yard). I can’t say I had any major epiphanies with lifting while being in there, except one. I have no scientific evidence to offer, so this is just from my own personal experience and observation.

I believe the survival mechanism among people can be beyond strong. I personally believe that I got stronger because I knew that my life could at any time be threatened, along with the tension already present. Not movie threatened, not TV threatened, truly threatened.

My internal instinct pushed me to lift more, more than I wanted to. I would love to see someone study the effects of an environment like this (maybe prison or a soldier being under fire) with testosterone release. I would bet a Buffalo Nickel, that it goes WAY up. It would get uncontrollable, at times my hands trembled bad.

While in the tier you see guys playing cards and chess for push-ups. If you lose, start pushing. While lifting and exercising plays it’s part in deterring others from messing with you, guys also liked the fact that it helps with stress.

You are told to get your routine down, stay as busy as possible, you are less likely to realize where you are and the time you are doing. Get your job, do your lifting, your cardio, get some books to read, and poof it’s bed time before you know it.

I tried to use this time to my advantage, rather than sit in my own misery. I got stronger and wiser more than anything, my bullshit detector has been perfected, I can smell bullshit from a mile away now.

Bottom line, nothing is worth going to any of these places. NOTHING.

That was a really interesting post Maximus. I’ve heard a lot of similar shit from the people I know who’ve been in for a while. Shit sucks, I’m glad I’ve never been there (knock on wood).