T Nation

Only in New Jersey

Amazing. I know a good amount of these people. Didn't think I'd see them in handcuffs today.

2 N.J. Mayors Arrested in Broad Inquiry on Corruption

The mayors of Hoboken and Secaucus, a state assemblyman and dozens of others were rounded up early Thursday as the F.B.I. swept across four counties in New Jersey as part of a two-year corruption and money-laundering investigation that ranged from the Jersey Shore to Brooklyn and has even reached into the State House in Trenton.

Agents raided the home of Joseph V. Doria Jr., commissioner of the state Department of Community Affairs, who also is the former mayor of Bayonne, an official confirmed Thursday morning.

Among the roughly 30 people arrested by mid-morning were Hoboken Mayor Peter J. Cammarano III and Secaucus Mayor Dennis Elwell, both Democrats, and Assemblyman Daniel M. Van Pelt, a Republican from Forked River, in Ocean County. Mr. Cammarano, who turned 32 on Wednesday, was elected mayor June 9 and sworn in July 1, after serving as councilman-at-large since 2005.

Also brought to the Newark office of the F.B.I. were the president of the city council in Jersey City, Mariano Vega, and that cityâ??s deputy mayor, Leona Beldini.

Federal prosecutors said the arrests included several rabbis from enclaves of Syrian Jews in Brooklyn and from Deal and Elberon, communities along the Jersey Shore in Ocean County.

The Asbury Park Press reported that the investigation involved the Deal Yeshiva, a religious school which teaches children in the Sephardic Jewish tradition. The United States Attorneyâ??s office in Newark scheduled a noon news conference.

Newark Mayor Cory Booker, who has fought corruption in New Jerseyâ??s largest city, told The Star-Ledger itâ??s "an unbelievable morning so far."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/nyregion/24jersey.html

I saw this on the news this morning, Fox News has been reported that this has gone international as well. For an investigation to go on for 2 years, it means there is clearly enough evidence to wait it out, and try to nab the big fish. With the Feds, you are going to see arrests.

I’m fuckin stunned.

I wonder how this is going to affect Christ Christie’s race for governor. He was, after all, the State AG.

I am watching a press conference on it right now, and this thing is huge. 33 arrests in 54 locations. I am actually kinda laughing since these guys, being who they are, will need to be in protective custody, which means 23 hr lock down. Going from the lavish lifestyles they had, to this, it would make for great reality TV I tell you. It could take months for them to get a bond hearing.

Body Parts trafficing? I wonder if they have a nice moist pussy for sale…It’s always good to have a spare when you need it :slight_smile:

You are going to see guys pleading out I am sure of it. Out of 33 people, you know someone is going to roll over for the Feds.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I am watching a press conference on it right now, and this thing is huge. 33 arrests in 54 locations. I am actually kinda laughing since these guys, being who they are, will need to be in protective custody, which means 23 hr lock down. Going from the lavish lifestyles they had, to this, it would make for great reality TV I tell you. It could take months for them to get a bond hearing. [/quote]

They’ll be in the boys club in up country.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
I am watching a press conference on it right now, and this thing is huge. 33 arrests in 54 locations. I am actually kinda laughing since these guys, being who they are, will need to be in protective custody, which means 23 hr lock down. Going from the lavish lifestyles they had, to this, it would make for great reality TV I tell you. It could take months for them to get a bond hearing.

They’ll be in the boys club in up country.[/quote]

The last place you want to be is in Federal Prison in NJ. shit.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Brother Chris wrote:
MaximusB wrote:

They’ll be in the boys club in up country.

The last place you want to be is in Federal Prison in NJ. shit.[/quote]

Try Leavenworth.

Rabbis are in on it too. Rabbis…of all people.

NJ politicans involved in corruption! Who woulda thought?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Rabbis are in on it too. Rabbis…of all people.[/quote]

I can see some jokes coming out of that.

This will be interesting to see where all this goes, many of these allegations are very serious.

The cops who arrested the black guys are obvious racists, and the cops who arrested the Rabbis are anti-semites…or atheists…ah, whatever…

[quote]Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

I can see some jokes coming out of that.[/quote]

How bout politicians in general involved in corruption. I was going to tease FightingIrish about this, but then I remembered Detroit and the hip hop mayor regime have a record breaking campaign of corruption still going strong even with Dave Bing in office.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
How bout politicians in general involved in corruption. I was going to tease FightingIrish about this, but then I remembered Detroit and the hip hop mayor regime have a record breaking campaign of corruption still going strong even with Dave Bing in office.[/quote]

Hehe, yup. Obviously these scumbags are dwelling all over the country, as well as the world. Seeing/hearing/reading about some of the shit that goes down in NJ (my beloved home) its no surprise that these guys got nabbed - hence the sarcastic comment.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Sounds like an episode - make that a whole season - of The Sopranos!

BTW, “Dave Bing in office”???[/quote]

Yes, Dave Bing, one of the Piston’s all time greats and NBA hall of famer is now the mayor of the rotting third world war zone that was once the city that put the world on wheels.

He hasn’t been in office long enough to have an opinion and he has no political record to draw from, but it’s tough to imagine anybody being worse than Kwame. Actually I thought Dennis Archer was decent mayor for Detroit, Democrat though he was. However with 45 or so percent of the city being under the age of 30 the high principled thought of having a hip hop mayor was too great to resist.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

How bout politicians in general involved in corruption. I was going to tease FightingIrish about this, but then I remembered Detroit and the hip hop mayor regime have a record breaking campaign of corruption still going strong even with Dave Bing in office.[/quote]

If it’s any consolation, an FBI spokesman said today that NJ has the worst corruption of any state in the union.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Keving14 wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

How bout politicians in general involved in corruption. I was going to tease FightingIrish about this, but then I remembered Detroit and the hip hop mayor regime have a record breaking campaign of corruption still going strong even with Dave Bing in office.

If it’s any consolation, an FBI spokesman said today that NJ has the worst corruption of any state in the union. [/quote]

Even worse than Illinois? Chicago is famous worldwide in this way.

What gets me is the rabbis, and selling kidneys. I’ve always put people like priests and rabbis on a pedestal. I guess every part of society has its scum, even religious orders.