T Nation

Only Have 2 Days to Lift Per Week

Does anyone know of a good two day a week lifting program? I thought CW had one, but I’m not able to find it.

d
There are a million of them. Probably best advice would be to do total body workouts with this time parameter. Sample:
Wide grip pull ups
Bent-over-rows–112;48
Overhead press–112;38
Squat–112;310-12
Bech press–112;46-10
lateral raises–310-12
curls–3
ab work

workout 2
Bench press
lateral raise
curls
squats
pull ups
B-o r’s
overhead press
ab work

What are your goals? This will shape your rep scheme, and to some degree even the exercises you choose. Good lifting.

CT has one called part-time beast

My goals are fat loss while trying to maintain as much muscle as I can. Actually even when dieting down, I usually can still gain some strength/muscle. Probably due to my years of NOT lifting.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
d
There are a million of them. Probably best advice would be to do total body workouts with this time parameter. Sample:
Wide grip pull ups
Bent-over-rows–112;48
Overhead press–112;38
Squat–112;310-12
Bech press–112;46-10
lateral raises–310-12
curls–3
ab work

workout 2
Bench press
lateral raise
curls
squats
pull ups
B-o r’s
overhead press
ab work

What are your goals? This will shape your rep scheme, and to some degree even the exercises you choose. Good lifting.
[/quote]

I think you could probably do CW’s Total Body Training program. It would just take you longer to complete. You would just do the workouts in order, but ignore the “week 1, week 2, etc”

If I’m not mistaken, the program sasquatch provided is Pavel’s ‘Fatigue Cycling’ Protocol…I think in general it’s a terrific program, but if you’re undereating the volume is probably too high…

I would take a look at NB3 by Waterbury, or alternatively, if you don’t want to cut out the powerlifts, you could do the following:

Day 1:
Squat
Bench
Row

Day 2:
Deadlift
Military (or Push) Press
Pullup

For sets and reps, either go with a 3-5x3-5 scheme, or check out Poliquin’s ‘Maximal Weights’ article from the first issue in the archives…

Oh, and don’t be fooled by the simplicity either of the program above or NB3…you will at least maintain your size (and if you’re not used to training this way, you will probably grow,) and you will definitely get A LOT stronger…

Best of luck

Wow…thanks Ramo!

[quote]Ramo wrote:
If I’m not mistaken, the program sasquatch provided is Pavel’s ‘Fatigue Cycling’ Protocol…I think in general it’s a terrific program, but if you’re undereating the volume is probably too high…

I would take a look at NB3 by Waterbury, or alternatively, if you don’t want to cut out the powerlifts, you could do the following:

Day 1:
Squat
Bench
Row

Day 2:
Deadlift
Military (or Push) Press
Pullup

For sets and reps, either go with a 3-5x3-5 scheme, or check out Poliquin’s ‘Maximal Weights’ article from the first issue in the archives…

Oh, and don’t be fooled by the simplicity either of the program above or NB3…you will at least maintain your size (and if you’re not used to training this way, you will probably grow,) and you will definitely get A LOT stronger…

Best of luck[/quote]