Only Christians are his family

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
If a Muslim governor of a state said this, you’d be tripping over yourselves to put his head on a pike while hoisting your crosses.

Because a christian said it, you’re cool with.

Bunch of fucking hypocrites.[/quote]

You have no evidence to support the statement, man you really suck at this, better work on the head movement I think it is taking it’s toll.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
You have no evidence to support the statement, man you really suck at this, better work on the head movement I think it is taking it’s toll. [/quote]

Of course I do. Six years on this board is my proof. These are the same loons who lost their minds over the building of a mosque in Manhattan. These are the same people that have been saying for years that there’s a civilization war between the West and the Muslims.

Like I said- Muslim gov says this, he’d have to step down nearly immediately.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
You have no evidence to support the statement, man you really suck at this, better work on the head movement I think it is taking it’s toll. [/quote]

Of course I do. Six years on this board is my proof. These are the same loons who lost their minds over the building of a mosque in Manhattan. These are the same people that have been saying for years that there’s a civilization war between the West and the Muslims.

Like I said- Muslim gov says this, he’d have to step down nearly immediately.[/quote]

Not in HIS house of worship.

I claimed that story, if he were Muslim, would be buried, instead of exploited just as you have done here.

Oh yeh…non muslims are not welcome so we would never know anyway.

I officially don’t care about his religion.

What I do care about, is if this politician is a cheap son of a bitch.

I want cheap, penny-stretching, sons of bitches who doesn’t want to control my life with government and are willing to break the back of government to prevent that.

How’s he on this?

These are the same people that have been saying for years that there’s a civilization war between the West and the Muslims.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s incorrect.

The muslims are at war with the Indians in India, the Russians, various former Soviet states, the Chinese (both communist and Buddhists), within Indonesia against Buddhists, within several other islands in Asia, against native African religions in Africa and also against Christians in Africa, against Jews and Druze in Israel, AND the West.

Basically everyone.

People have the right to say stupid shit on their own time. I don’t give a good hardy fuck what he says, I don’t live in Alabama and I hate their football teams…

When you’re the governor of a state, however, it’s never your own time. Ever. Whether that’s right or not is one thing, but speaking in public to people you’re going to count as your constituency… that’s about as public as you’ll get.

Any public speaking engagement is not “his own time.”

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
This is blown out of proportion. He recognizes with Christians more b/c he is a Christian.
His statement is correct in the context that it is used, ie, if you haven’t accepted JC as your saviour then you’re not apart of his church, this is a fact in the context that it was used. If he states trying to baptize and circumcise then I’d be really concerned.
Would people get mad at him if he said he was closer to his family than strangers? I don’t think so.
Context.[/quote]

He’s a material heretic and doctrinally challenged as best, and a bigot at worst.

Jews are our brothers and sisters, they are not fully “related” to us, but besides Orthodox and some other Christians they are about as close as you can get without being a Catholic.

P.S. Christians don’t need to be circumcised.

I will say one thing in support of Irish’s point. Think back to the firestorm started by some of the conservative religious right around whether or not Obama was a Muslim. He said he was a Christian, and had attended a Christian church for years, but despite all that people raked him over the coals for even the possibility of being a Muslim. Can you imagine if he had attended a mosque and said something like this guy said? These guys would have had an apoplectic fit.

Not to say anyone in this thread participated in that madness, but anyone that did and yet supports the comments of this governor is a hypocrite by any standard.

[quote]forlife wrote:
I will say one thing in support of Irish’s point. Think back to the firestorm started by some of the conservative religious right around whether or not Obama was a Muslim. He said he was a Christian, and had attended a Christian church for years, but despite all that people raked him over the coals for even the possibility of being a Muslim. Can you imagine if he had attended a mosque and said something like this guy said? These guys would have had an apoplectic fit.

Not to say anyone in this thread participated in that madness, but anyone that did and yet supports the comments of this governor is a hypocrite by any standard. [/quote]

That’s true. Just the mere idea of Obama being a Muslim was nearly enough to hurt his campaign.

Now if he’d gone and said, “Christians aren’t my brothers”… well, I’m sure there’d be some gun toting arizonan waiting in the wings for him.

Blah.

[quote]forlife wrote:

Not to say anyone in this thread participated in that madness, but anyone that did and yet supports the comments of this governor is a hypocrite by any standard. [/quote]

That’s true. Just the mere idea of Obama being a Muslim was nearly enough to hurt his campaign.

Now if he’d gone and said, “Christians aren’t my brothers”… well, I’m sure there’d be some gun toting arizonan waiting in the wings for him.[/quote]

Not true. First, he didn’t attend a christian church, he attended a “god damn america and the white devil” church. Second, it isn’t (at least for me) so much that he might be or at least was a muslim, it’s that he either isn’t being honest or he changed his religion to fit his political aspirations. It speaks to character.

Additionally, people have a right to vote for leaders that support and have the same values as themselves. Christians have the right to vote for who they feel represents them. Much the same way blacks voted for Obama and women voted for Hillary. That is actually the whole point of a representative democracy. In case you missed it that is the foundation of the country.

BUT what you are talking about isn’t even remotely related. By the same token, all offended parties have the right to vote for someone else and not re-elect the guy. What you are talking about is some official action against him. Completely different and completely asinine.

You PC hypocrites miss the fact that all decisions are discriminatory. That is what a decision is. JUST like how I pointed out before that obama is a dem. That IS discrimination. So, why aren’t you guys up in arms about that? Because if you were to apply your same “discrimination” reasoning evenly, you’d have to be mad at every person for essential every belief they have. You guys just pick and chose what you get mad at based on your own bias.

Further, where were you liberals when the president’s pastor and mentor was reveled for the racist pig he is? Rosie, why weren’t you up in arms about his probable bias against whites? So, come one, lets talk about hypocrites.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
So, Rosie, stuff like this must really piss you off huh?:

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me to “recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:”

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d day of October, A.D. 1789."

Pretty much the whole founding of this country has to make people like you mad. [/quote]Washington’s Thanksgiving Day address. I’ve been trying for a couple years to get McLefty here to admit he hates this nation as founded. I’d have more respect for these leftist God haters if they just did so. It’s all this “I love my country, I just hate everything it was founded to be” attitude that displays the schizo nature of the left.

BTW, you are absolutely right about Obama and Wright. It took all of 4 or 5 minutes at the Trinity United Church of Christ website for me to recognize the apostate heretical gospel of social liberation.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Not true. First, he didn’t attend a christian church, he attended a “god damn america and the white devil” church. Second, it isn’t (at least for me) so much that he might be or at least was a muslim, it’s that he either isn’t being honest or he changed his religion to fit his political aspirations. It speaks to character.
[/quote]

No, it speaks to politics. If he wants to get the attention of Muslims in the country or especially abroad (foreign policy), the last thing he would want to do is give their media anything to spin, such as…oh, I don’t know, a sound bite of him saying, “Only CHRISTIANS are my brothers and sisters!”

What is he not being honest about? Do you “doubt” his religious affiliation because his name is Barack Hussein Obama, and that’s not a Christian-sounding name?

And I know we have some jingoists here that might say, “Well, he shouldn’t give a FUCK! He shouldn’t be afraid of them terr’rists!” That’s not the point at all; it has nothing to do with intimidation and everything to do with leverage in any possible negotiations with that group.

e.g. You want the Palestinian president to to agree to certain concessions? Fine, don’t make him have to fight against the potential spinster propaganda his people might here a la that juicy sound bite with you in it.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

You PC hypocrites miss the fact that all decisions are discriminatory. That is what a decision is. JUST like how I pointed out before that obama is a dem. That IS discrimination.[/quote]

That is not what a decision is. A compromise is also a decision, but is it inherent in a compromise to make any one party feel (unfairly) discriminated against? No.

You are reaching quite a bit with some of your arguments.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[/quote]

No, it speaks to politics. If he wants to get the attention of Muslims in the country or especially abroad (foreign policy), the last thing he would want to do is give their media anything to spin, such as…oh, I don’t know, a sound bite of him saying, “Only CHRISTIANS are my brothers and sisters!”

[/quote]
I’m honestly not sure where you were going with this.

He was a Muslim growing up (or at least claimed it). So he has either now conveniently change to the main stream religion or he is lying about changing to begin with. Either way reflects negatively on his character.

Once again I’m not sure where you are going with this? Are you warning that this Alabama guy is going to incite terrorism? Regardless, you are wrong. Crazy radical islamic terrorists aren’t triggered to action over anything any politician says.

Once again I’m not sure where you are going with this?

I think most of this you are saying that politically, making such a statement is unwise and maybe is bad leadership. Ok. that may be. But politicians have the right to be bad leaders. I could point out dozens of ways Obama has made bad leadership decisions, doesn’t mean he should go to jail.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

You PC hypocrites miss the fact that all decisions are discriminatory. That is what a decision is. JUST like how I pointed out before that obama is a dem. That IS discrimination.[/quote]

That is not what a decision is. A compromise is also a decision, but is it inherent in a compromise to make any one party feel (unfairly) discriminated against? No.

You are reaching quite a bit with some of your arguments.[/quote]

No, not at all. Maybe you should look up compromise. A compromise still discriminates against all other possibilities. The point is the liberal war on all discrimination is stupid. Discrimination is fundamentally a good thing EVEN when talking about people. I discriminate against murders and crack heads, est. I also plan on teaching my kid to discriminate against many people. Discrimination (decision making) is a good thing.

Religion speaks to values. It is no different than talking about political philosophy or any other pertinent belief.

Did someone say Obama is a Muslim? I heard it’s true.

(right here on PWI)

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You made some posts about Obama and I was responding to you about Obama (the example of a public figure). Sorry, I should have made that clear.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

What is he not being honest about? Do you “doubt” his religious affiliation because his name is Barack Hussein Obama, and that’s not a Christian-sounding name?
[/quote]

He was a Muslim growing up (or at least claimed it). So he has either now conveniently change to the main stream religion or he is lying about changing to begin with. Either way reflects negatively on his character.
[/quote]

Ok, so why haven’t we been blasted by pictures of him praying in a mosque or with clips of him speaking Arabic (reciting a Qu’ran prayer) ?
You make it sound like he “changed” his faith recently. If so, there should be some strong evidence, right?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

And I know we have some jingoists here that might say, “Well, he shouldn’t give a FUCK! He shouldn’t be afraid of them terr’rists!” That’s not the point at all; it has nothing to do with intimidation and everything to do with leverage in any possible negotiations with that group.
[/quote]

Once again I’m not sure where you are going with this? Are you warning that this Alabama guy is going to incite terrorism? Regardless, you are wrong. Crazy radical islamic terrorists aren’t triggered to action over anything any politician says.
[/quote]

I was talking about Obama and how he couldn’t just “go with his feelings/values” when he is such a public figure. The same model should be taken for all public figures, particularly politicians and ESPECIALLY when their voters may be very diverse.

And I would argue–I shouldn’t have to, I’m sure others would agree–that crazy terrorists ARE sometimes triggered by what politicians say. That’s what terrorists use for propaganda.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

e.g. You want the Palestinian president to to agree to certain concessions? Fine, don’t make him have to fight against the potential spinster propaganda his people might here a la that juicy sound bite with you in it.

[/quote]

I think most of this you are saying that politically, making such a statement is unwise and maybe is bad leadership. Ok. that may be. But politicians have the right to be bad leaders. I could point out dozens of ways Obama has made bad leadership decisions, doesn’t mean he should go to jail.

[/quote]

They may have a right, but as a public figure–no, as a leader of a super power–shouldn’t you care about what is the optimal PR strategy? e.g., I won’t call Mr. X a bastard on TV if I expect to negotiate with him anytime soon. Right?

Unfortunately, people any president might have to negotiate won’t give out brownie points if the president “stands by his values” and commits action, speaks words that are inflammatory toward those people. Politics is about egos and how/when to stroke them. Unfortunately.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

No, not at all. Maybe you should look up compromise. A compromise still discriminates against all other possibilities. The point is the liberal war on all discrimination is stupid. Discrimination is fundamentally a good thing EVEN when talking about people. I discriminate against murders and crack heads, est. I also plan on teaching my kid to discriminate against many people. Discrimination (decision making) is a good thing.[/quote]

In a compromise, where “uniform” discrimination is the ideal, the idea is to equally “discriminate” against all parties by not yielding to any one party’s wishes any more than the others’. The hope is that nobody feels unfairly “discriminated” against if everyone else got the same treatment. Well, that is the ideal, but that is also my point about your example of a compromise.

Thanks for fixing my post.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You made some posts about Obama and I was responding to you about Obama (the example of a public figure). Sorry, I should have made that clear.

[/quote]
What I said about him related to the subject.

[/quote]

Ok, so why haven’t we been blasted by pictures of him praying in a mosque or with clips of him speaking Arabic (reciting a Qu’ran prayer) ?
You make it sound like he “changed” his faith recently. If so, there should be some strong evidence, right?

[/quote]
I believe he changed his faith because of his political aspirations. You make it sound like his political aspirations only started recently.

To be clear, I believe the same about most other politicians. I have no doubt that much of the publicity this alabama guy gives to his Christianity has as much to do with political advancement as anything.

I am not saying that obama is worse than many other politicians. BUT it is still a negative reflection on his character.

[/quote]

I was talking about Obama and how he couldn’t just “go with his feelings/values” when he is such a public figure. The same model should be taken for all public figures, particularly politicians and ESPECIALLY when their voters may be very diverse.

And I would argue–I shouldn’t have to, I’m sure others would agree–that crazy terrorists ARE sometimes triggered by what politicians say. That’s what terrorists use for propaganda.

[/quote]
He’s the leader of the US dealing with international policy. The Alabama guy isn’t. It’s different. BUT Obama can and does say things that piss off people we have to deal with internationally. Pretty much anything a president does and says is going to piss off someone in the world. Him saying “America is awesome and I love it” will piss off terrorists. But, really what I’m talking about is how he has publicly pissed on allies like Israel. So, yes, he absolutely does do the same thing, just the “other way around” from your bias.

[/quote]

They may have a right, but as a public figure–no, as a leader of a super power–shouldn’t you care about what is the optimal PR strategy? e.g., I won’t call Mr. X a bastard on TV if I expect to negotiate with him anytime soon. Right?

[/quote]
He absolutely should. But who should be valued and how to go about that is all a matter of opinion. Like I said, in my view, Obama does this type of thing all the time. Plus this guy isn’t the leader of a superpower.

Like I said, taking a stance on anything pisses someone in the world off. Obama pisses off people he needs to negotiate with all the time. It’s part of his job because he has to make decisions.

[quote]

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

No, not at all. Maybe you should look up compromise. A compromise still discriminates against all other possibilities. The point is the liberal war on all discrimination is stupid. Discrimination is fundamentally a good thing EVEN when talking about people. I discriminate against murders and crack heads, est. I also plan on teaching my kid to discriminate against many people. Discrimination (decision making) is a good thing.[/quote]

In a compromise, where “uniform” discrimination is the ideal, the idea is to equally “discriminate” against all parties by not yielding to any one party’s wishes any more than the others’. The hope is that nobody feels unfairly “discriminated” against if everyone else got the same treatment. Well, that is the ideal, but that is also my point about your example of a compromise.[/quote]

First, uniform discrimination is entirely subjective hence factually impossible. Look at the recent tax compromise between obama and the republicans. Literally, some people though the Dems got the short straw, some thought the republicans did, and some thought it was a fair deal. So no, “equal” discrimination isn’t even a real thing, and even if it were, it still isn’t the same thing as no discrimination.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Did someone say Obama is a Muslim? I heard it’s true.

(right here on PWI)[/quote]

You are such a child. Grow up. No one said he’s a Muslim.

[quote]pat wrote:
People have the right to say stupid shit on their own time. I don’t give a good hardy fuck what he says, I don’t live in Alabama and I hate their football teams…[/quote]

U mad?