Only 8 Weeks Between Meets

Hey everybody,

I am currently training for my second meet. It’s on April 16th and if I qualify for provincials it will be on June 11 which gives me 8 weeks between meets. I planned on resting for 2 weeks after the meet on 16th so I’m left with 6 weeks. Does anyone recommend any particular program to peak in 6 weeks? Or should I just re-use the last six weeks of the program I am already using for the meet on the 16th?? ( lilliebridge method) thanks a lot!

Candito 6 week program comes to mind, might be a lot of frequency/ volume compared to Lilliebridge though

2 Likes

I’d reuse the last six weeks. You’ll know what to expect and have a fair idea of how you’ll respond. I’d also rest for a week, not two unless you’re super beat up.

What’s with the 2 week rest after the first meet? If the Lilliebridge method has worked for you so far, stick to that. No point in making changes where change is not needed.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Candito program looks pretty cool but I guess I will stick to last six weeks of lilliebridge seeing I know it worked well for me. Makes sense

That’s what I did, just the last 6 weeks of my prep.

I took one week off after the first meet, peaked for the next 6 weeks and deloaded on meet week, worked very well.

1 Like