Only 3 Weeks... What To Do?

Hey,

Been a long time since I checked in here. Too long.

Normally don’t have time to post these days, although do check in once in a while.

Anyway:

Come January, I’ll have 3 weeks until a forced week off. There is a week-long holiday during that time, and everything important will close (namely: my gym).

So, I’m looking to do some very intense work until that time is over, focusing on hypertrophy and strength.

And yes, I’ll be eating an inordinate amount of food and getting plenty of rest.

Any suggestions?

AD

Super-accumulation:

Beat yourself into the ground, and then rebound during your off week.

Are you the AD from the “My experience on the anabolic diet” thread?

That is a good find, thanks for that.

And yeah…I’m the same guy.

AD

After reading the article, I’m not sure I can do the supplement protocol. That’s a considerable chunk of change (here in China) that I may or may not have at the time (if I do this).

Other ideas are appreciated, nonetheless.

AD

You’re not saying you haven’t been training this whole time? Say it ain’t so.

I’m a similar position to you! I’m taking 9 days or so off (30th - 7th) in a couple of weeks, and I’ll probably have to take more time off in February (1st - 10th).

I know that I’m ready to deload in 2 weeks, because I’m already feeling quite beat-up. I’ll probably still be nice and fresh after only 3 weeks of training in January, though… So, I’ll probably do what I can with bands and bodyweight. Sissy squats, door pull-ups, one-legged squats, one-arm push-ups, band good mornings, you get the picture. Most of these exercises, I know I’ll get a good pump at 12-15 reps, and it’ll be a good way to vary my training for better results in the long run.

But, if you’re determined to just rest during that time, the Poliquin thing is probably better. I thought of doing it, btw, but I don’t have the time for 9 workouts/week, and I definitely am not ready for the psychological effects of something that intense. I’m already crazy enough as it is, I don’t want to have mild mood swings or end up hurting someone! :smiley:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
You’re not saying you haven’t been training this whole time? Say it ain’t so.[/quote]

Hey buddy, it’s been awhile.

Of course “it ain’t so.” It’s to the point that life just isn’t “normal” if I don’t train.

AD

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
You’re not saying you haven’t been training this whole time? Say it ain’t so.[/quote]

Of course “it ain’t so.” It’s to the point that life just isn’t “normal” if I don’t train.

AD

[quote]AlphaDragon wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

AD[/quote]

Your post is worded a bit funny. I’m not following where the 3 week thing is coming from. How is this 3 weeks different from any other. Maybe I read it wrong.

Good to see you back BTW. Just had my Friday night 3/4 pound bacon and 6 whole scrambled eggs cooked in the fat meal before carb day.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
AlphaDragon wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

AD

Your post is worded a bit funny. I’m not following where the 3 week thing is coming from. How is this 3 weeks different from any other. Maybe I read it wrong.

Good to see you back BTW. Just had my Friday night 3/4 pound bacon and 6 whole scrambled eggs cooked in the fat meal before carb day.[/quote]

…scrambled eggs cooked in bacon fat. Now THAT is some good eats and doesn’t get much better.

Sometimes I really miss the AD…but I appear to be reacting better to carbs.

The 3 week thing:

My current regemin will require a week off. When that back off week is finished, I’ll only have about 2 weeks to train until that holiday week comes where 1/2 of the businesses (and all of the gyms) are closed for said week.

Thus I’m looking for something to do during that short time. that, in total, would be 4 weeks off (one back off, plus 2, plus the one forced holiday). Way too long. Thus needing something to fill that 2 week gap.

steroids

what?

That’s…random.

Any meaning to it?

AD

[quote]AlphaDragon wrote:
That’s…random.

Any meaning to it?

AD[/quote]

no.

got a blizzard yesterday so i was couped inside, didnt even have work. got really bored really fast.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
AlphaDragon wrote:
That’s…random.

Any meaning to it?

AD

no.

got a blizzard yesterday so i was couped inside, didnt even have work. got really bored really fast.[/quote]

Lol.

understandable.