Online Training Log

Hmm… I think maybe it’s just my account that has problems. I am unable to edit any workouts or add sets to my training log entries.

[quote]BCpowder wrote:
Another comment – I tried to enter a training day into the log. But I cannot add additional sets for a particular exercise. I can only add additional exercises!

By the way, my user name is BrianC.

Again, thanks for your hard work on this project. [/quote]

When you press the little plus sign it doesn’t add more sets?

[quote]conorh wrote:
BCpowder wrote:
Another comment – I tried to enter a training day into the log. But I cannot add additional sets for a particular exercise. I can only add additional exercises!

By the way, my user name is BrianC.

Again, thanks for your hard work on this project.

When you press the little plus sign it doesn’t add more sets?[/quote]

Nothing happens when I click the (+) button. I can add more exercises but not more sets. Also I cannot save any entries. When I click SAVE or FINISH nothing happens.

Looks great! I am up there with the user name Fireplug. However, with things like WS4SB it reorganizes the sets for some reason so they are out of order. It has them all mixed up.

-Fireplug

Quite a good idea. I only see a couple problems. One is that it rearranged some of the lifting stats. Also, I am not really a fan on the “intensity” percentage thing. Becuase it’s not always your RM that your doing for a given exercise. Also, warmups to max effort work bring down the intensity of the session. It also takes a little bit of time to plug in the info, but that could just be me.

-MAtt

Looks good. Only complaint is that sometimes things get rearranged after I save them.

Questoin: Can you get it to import info from a www.fitday.com account?

Now THAT would really ROCK!!

Hey!

Could you implement an option to use kgs or lbs? I have used the kg-numbers for all my weights, and now i look like a puny wimp… :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway: Nice job! I’m going to use it and get back to you with comments!

It seems that after I enter a training program, my account somehow glitches and I cannot even enter an entry in the training log. I made a different account to test it but the same thing happened. I could not add sets to my exercises and I could not even save entries in the log. All I can do now is enter my body composition numbers.

I just thought of something I’d like to see. Why not a “comment” feature for each exercise. That way you can add notes about your chain weight or band tension, or what have you right there with the sets instead of in the ocmments below.

Just an idea.

I’m also getting the glitch where it rearranges all my sets. Any fix to this?

Sorry for not appearing there, i got no mail notification of new messages.

I’ll investigate the bugs inmediately.

Thank you for the critique.

What do you mean when you say it rearranged some lifting stats? could you be more precise, I think there is a bug some of you are getting but wich I’m not able to duplicate.

About the intensity thing… If you press the “Intensity” button you can write it yourself. You can use two notations xRM and x% (e.g., 5RM or 85%) it will understand both.
Intensity is in “automatic mode” by default because, believe it or not, there are people out there that don’t know what intensity is.

About taking time to plug in the data, if you use programs you only have to write the weights used…

Thank you,

keep feedback coming please.

[quote]Matgic wrote:
Quite a good idea. I only see a couple problems. One is that it rearranged some of the lifting stats. Also, I am not really a fan on the “intensity” percentage thing. Becuase it’s not always your RM that your doing for a given exercise. Also, warmups to max effort work bring down the intensity of the session. It also takes a little bit of time to plug in the info, but that could just be me.

-MAtt[/quote]

You can write “100kg” and it will be automatically converted to lbs. I live in Spain we use metric system too.

I’ll have to put some hints in the forms …

Thank you for using LifterLog

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
Hey!

Could you implement an option to use kgs or lbs? I have used the kg-numbers for all my weights, and now i look like a puny wimp… :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway: Nice job! I’m going to use it and get back to you with comments! [/quote]

I corrected all reported bugs.

The magically-rearranging exercises bug is corrected. Unfortunately the problem was in the saving part, not in the showing one. This implies that sessions or programs which were affected will still show unordered (they were saved that way). You can solve this editing, rearranging them manually in the correct order and saving again.(You can reorder exercises draging the blue handle at the left.)

Sorry for any inconvenience.

And remember, I welcome bug reports and critical comments. It helps me to make a better lifterlog.

Thank you.

Beni

Hey nice work man, great idea. Im not very knowledgable with this area but I have a few ideas. Just how feasible they are I have idea. First I think it would be cool to have the ability to establish training cycles, view a condensed micro, meso, or macrocycle in some understandable fashion… Perhaps just enter “workout A” or “swim 45mins” or something along those lines. If you could create a “home page” where our individual stats are available, PR’s things like this, maybe a place to compile inspirational pictures…or something.

Maybe our homepage can list what we are scheduled to perform today, and a the current week we are training in, making a quick way to see what happened that week or what is projected to happen. Hopefully this makes sense, let me know if clarification would be helpful. I like it, this could be incredible…

this is pretty sweet…

I started to develop a Flash Remoting diet log and training log, but my contract work picked up so I left it stranded on the side of the road for now…

I might have to mess around with your log and restart my project…

I finally borrowed a computer so I could look at the reports, very cool. Very, very cool indeed.

Maybe a feature that can be implemented is an intensity calculator. You enter in your “old” or current 1RM and every workout entry it calculates the intensity (%) for you based on your old 1RM and it also tells you your estimated new 1RM.

Yes, maybe it’s a good idea.

Originally I was going to add tags to each exercises so they could be clasified; as it would make possible things like “plot volume and intensity of non-warmup sets”. But now I think it would make the interface too complex, and many people don’t know how to use tags.

So maybe a comment per set would be more interesting. I take note.

Anyway, I want to make everything work before I start adding new features.

Thank you,

Beni.

[quote]conorh wrote:
I just thought of something I’d like to see. Why not a “comment” feature for each exercise. That way you can add notes about your chain weight or band tension, or what have you right there with the sets instead of in the ocmments below.

Just an idea.[/quote]