T Nation

Online Source for Grass-Fed Beef and Wild Game?

Reaching out to see if anyone here has a good source for the subject. I am in a town that has no selection of great meats. The two store that used to sell high quality beef and some venison have both closed in the last six months.

Butcherbox does grass fed beef apparently

1 Like

Let me get this straight, you are trying to hunt wild game on the internet?

1 Like

Kind of. Not a lot of wild game options in Florida unless you like Boar.

1 Like

Check out websites like eatwild.com. You’ll save tons of money by buying pastured meats in bulk from a farm within reasonable distance from you, and it’s a great way to support your local economy and environment.

I got a 1/4 cow from a farmer < 1 hour from me I found on Craigslist. The meat is far tastier and cheaper than the grass-fed meat from the store. Plus it’s nice to meet the farmer and see how the animals are raised in-person.

5 Likes

Not into alligator meat?

It’s quite good, and it is farmed here in Florida (you can hunt it, but it’s a lottery for a license and cost about $1500 after getting the gator processed and everything) - even farmed it’s still not cheap.

One of my friends used to work at a Cajun restaurant here that served gator, some people like it apparently.

1 Like

It’s tasty. A little tough/stringy due to the carnivorous diet. Better battered and fried than just grilled/sauteed.
The problem with gator is that it’s meat you feed with other meat that cost $2.00/lb (chicken).

2 Likes

There are farms in Florida that raise grass fed beef.

1 Like