Online Nutrition Information?

Hi,

I’ve started a food log (about a month ago) and I’m constantly looking for accurate numbers for varrious foods (I’m living abroad and often things are not given nutritional lables).

I’ve been using “the online nutritional database” at http://www.inutdb.com/index.php

but I thought perhaps others on here could offer some advice.

In particular I’d love to hear your cal/carbs/proteins/fats Numbers (by gram) for

Chicken
eggs
ground beef
ground pork
tofu
lettus
carrots
broccoli
whole wheat bread

(example daily food logs would also be great)

Thanks in advance

[quote]deapee wrote:

Yeah. Fitday is good and certainly accurate. Anything more, you’re overthinking and wasting your time

thanks I’ll check it out.

www.calorieking.com is also a good place to get the macro break downs of food.

If you want nutritional info for ground beef or pork, you’ll need to know if it’s 80%, 90%, or whatever, fat.

I have a bunch of links to sites that offer this info, but they’re all on my home computer, sorry! I’ll try and post them in the evening.

I’ve used -
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

But unless you’re using a scale, it can be tough to figure out portion sizes.

For general tracking, I have a real nerdy Excel spreadsheet with one tab full of all my usual foods. The on the next tab I cut and paste what I eat and sum things up for each day.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
If you want nutritional info for ground beef or pork, you’ll need to know if it’s 80%, 90%, or whatever, fat.
.[/quote]

Is there any way to determine this? These things are not labled in the country I’m living in.

I like www.nutritiondata.com, plus it allows you to build a “pantry” to save a collection of foods for quick access. You can also use the pantry to combine foods and make a meal and analyze the meal as a whole. Good for those who are super-strict about nutrition.

JC