Online Equipment Supplier

Can anyone point me toward a good, reputable online source for buying various weightlifting equipment? Specifically, I need an Olympic bar, an adjustable bench, a power rack and a few odd attachments. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have yet to purchase something from this company so I can’t comment on their customer service or quality, but I think they have some of the lowest prices around:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv

Check out http://WWW.ELITEFTS.COM

I bought most of my equipment from Body-Solid / Fitness Factory (www.fitnessfactory.com)for the following reasons:

1. 100% lifetime warranty. I paid extra for the warranty and it was worth it to me. If anything goes wrong, I just call the toll free number to get a replacement part shipped out.

2. Design & quality. My previous home gym was a used Body-Solid Linear Bushing Smith Gym. The quality was excellent (and that’s saying alot for a non-computer product made in Taiwan) but it didn’t meet my needs 100%. I upgraded to the Body-Solid Monster Rack which is a combo power rack & smith machine. Alot of people hate smith machines but I like it since it adds variety to my workouts.

3. Financing. Interest free for 1 year.

4. Customer service. Steve Gilbert was my sales representative and he bent over backwards to get my order delivered on time. I had to have my new gym delivered during my wife’s two week vacation in China (that was her anniversary present & mine was the new gym I bought for myself).

5. I couldn’t afford the equipment from elitefts.com.

Here are the problems that I encountered with my purchase:

1. Replacement part was a little slow to arrive. I accidentally damaged the high pulley cable and it took about 30 days for the replacement to arrive.

2. The items I ordered were manufactured in China instead of Taiwan. The metal & guide rods seemed a bit thinner than my old gym & felt less sturdy. The paint job leaves alot to be desired & I had to buy automotive paint for spots that flaked off.

3. The description of the Monster Rack is inaccurate. There are no front lift offs to hold a bar if you want to do exercises outside of the rack (ie. Chad Waterbury’s Deadlift Walk). Steve Gilbert said that the company wasn’t happy with the quality of the lift offs and they were discontinued. There are holes in one of the safeties for dip handles that isn’t metioned in the description. There’s also an Olympic bar holder in one corner of the rack.

Other than those 3 issues, I’m very happy with my purchase.

elitefts.com. Best equipment and best service. You get what you pay for. Dave is the nicest and most honest person I’ve done business with.

Do NOT go to New York Barbell. They sure do have the cheapest prices! Thats because their equipment isnt worth a shit. Like most things, you get what you pay for. Every experience I have had with their equipment is the same. They take someone elses idea and then make it crappy and sell it for a low price. Just look at their crap. The GHR is terrible and the last time I saw one of their ads the way they were selling chain set ups were ignorant. Do those people even lift fucking weights?

Newyorkbarbells is ok for some stuff…you’re better off asking around here about specific items before you buy.

No question elitefts is the best, but if your a home gym guy, you better be very well funded.(And how many very well funded hardcore lifters do you know?)

The way I see it you can buy something shitty and cheap over and over again because it keeps breaking or buy something of quality for more expensive once and it lasts a very long time. Ill say it again and again you get what you pay for. Weightlifter or no weightlifter I dont know anybody that is well funded. Start with the basics and build from there.

Go to Elitefts.com They carry the best products and their service cannot be matched. I have brought many things from them, and each time, I have been extremely happy with the product and service. You do get what you pay for, and when you go to them, you get the highest quality equipment that lasts a lifetime. They are real powerlifters that know what real equipment should be for real atheletes. I highly recommend going to them.

I will simply chime and real quick and say either elite or NY bb in my opinion have HIGH quality power racks. I recently purchased a NY BB P rack and high low pulley attachment and will say I love it. The damn thing is built like a brick shit house.

When it came down to it, I just could not justify spending the extra cash for less equipment at elite.

My 2 cc
Phill

Thanks for the replies everybody. I really appreciate it.

[quote]Phill wrote:
I will simply chime and real quick and say either elite or NY bb in my opinion have HIGH quality power racks. I recently purchased a NY BB P rack and high low pulley attachment and will say I love it. The damn thing is built like a brick shit house.

When it came down to it, I just could not justify spending the extra cash for less equipment at elite.

My 2 cc
Phill[/quote]

Its not less equipment, it is more equipment than new york barbells would ever be. Its like comparing a volkswagon bug to a porsche. yeah the bug will get you to place to place, but the porsche will get you there a hell alot faster, and your also look better getting there.

Trust me, go elite, the quality and service is unmatched!

For weightlifting equipment (bars, bumpers) Scott Tully will give you a price you can’t beat. He’s interested in getting more people involved with the sport more than making money - he practically sells at distributer prices. www.bsolympicgym.com Tell him Allan from Maryland Weightlifting sent you. If you live on the east coast he can have things sent directly from York barbell for low shipping prices and FAST delivery!

I bought a bench and incline from NY Barbell. Ended up selling it at a garage sale and paid more money for equipment at Elite. The NYB equipment was of poor quality. Just thought I’d add a mistake I experienced

Elitefts.com is the only way to go the amount of free info these guys provide alone should make you want to buy there product.

You won’t be sorry if you go with the Elite equipment. It is equipment built to last by guys who use it.