Online Diet Coach?

Is anyone can recommend me some good nutrition coaches (perfected Iifym) with reasonable price.

Thanks

why in the world would you need a diet coach if you want to do iifym? All you have to adjust is macros, lol. Any idiot can manage that. I sure as hell wouldn’t pay someone to write 40/35/25 on a piece of paper.

But if you’d like me to, I’ll email you the above numbers. That will be 50 dollars. Cash.

I am can recommend you some good’uns if you is can tell me sum of ur goles.

Amit Sapir here on these boards. He literally changed my life with his guidance. He is very easy to get a hold of. He is not an IIFYM but, once again why do you need a coach for that?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
why in the world would you need a diet coach if you want to do iifym? All you have to adjust is macros, lol. Any idiot can manage that. I sure as hell wouldn’t pay someone to write 40/35/25 on a piece of paper.

But if you’d like me to, I’ll email you the above numbers. That will be 50 dollars. Cash.[/quote]

I need a coach to guide me this to stay lean all the way to my September show. Right now I’m 163lbs around 6-8% bf. I’m going to compete in Natural show.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

But if you’d like me to, I’ll email you the above numbers. That will be 50 dollars. Cash.[/quote]

I’m guessing you’ve never dieted to stage level conditioning if you can’t see the value of paying a coach who utilizes flexible dieting

pwolves17, he also didn’t say he wanted to do a show in the first place playboy, so flip was right. OP should have said upfront it was for a show. Most people don’t want to compete and iifym really isn’t contest prep dieting really. So maybe you should quit being a douche

[quote]jtamez17 wrote:
pwolves17, he also didn’t say he wanted to do a show in the first place playboy, so flip was right. OP should have said upfront it was for a show. Most people don’t want to compete and iifym really isn’t contest prep dieting really. So maybe you should quit being a douche [/quote]

Not sure how I was being a douche. Flip was essentially saying that hiring Layne Norton, Cliff Wilson, any of the 3dmj coaches, John Gorman, Brian Ahlstrom, Jez Carter, Tyler Mayer, etc isn’t worth the money. How can you possibly say IIFYM isn’t contest prep dieting?

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[quote]jtamez17 wrote:
pwolves17, he also didn’t say he wanted to do a show in the first place playboy, so flip was right. OP should have said upfront it was for a show. Most people don’t want to compete and iifym really isn’t contest prep dieting really. So maybe you should quit being a douche [/quote]

Not sure how I was being a douche. Flip was essentially saying that hiring Layne Norton, Cliff Wilson, any of the 3dmj coaches, John Gorman, Brian Ahlstrom, Jez Carter, Tyler Mayer, etc isn’t worth the money. How can you possibly say IIFYM isn’t contest prep dieting? [/quote]

So these coaches utalize iifym all the way up to the show? Seriously just curious

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[quote]jtamez17 wrote:

Not sure how I was being a douche. Flip was essentially saying that hiring Layne Norton, Cliff Wilson, any of the 3dmj coaches, John Gorman, Brian Ahlstrom, Jez Carter, Tyler Mayer, etc isn’t worth the money. How can you possibly say IIFYM isn’t contest prep dieting? [/quote]

So these coaches utalize iifym all the way up to the show? Seriously just curious
[/quote]

Peak weeks will vary by coach and individual clients, but as far as body composition changes are concerned, yep!

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[quote]jtamez17 wrote:

[/quote]

Peak weeks will vary by coach and individual clients, but as far as body composition changes are concerned, yep!
[/quote]

Hmmm interesting. Im trying it out in the offseason and it still doesnt feel right lol. Just takes getting used to i guess

When people say iifym, i dont think of contest prep dieting. Do you? I think there is a little bit more to contest prep that just iifym, isn’t there? Thats what I thought he meant too. He just was looking to find a good iifym ratio. Which is a google search away.

And yes you sounded like a douche.

Who here still thinks IIFYM is loads of PopTarts?

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
Who here still thinks IIFYM is loads of PopTarts?[/quote]

Anything that allows loads of PopTarts works for me.

S

Haha Stu, yes I remember you were a fan of PopTarts.

For those of you who don’t IIFYM help me out here - you set macros and eat more or less the same things every day?

I don’t see how a flexible dieting approach with appropriate cardio and tracking is worse or better than a “traditional” approach - but please qualify what traditional approach you use?

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[quote]jtamez17 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like I missed the boat on this, I appreciate you stepping in to correct me. I was not aware that ‘iifym’ coaches were such a big deal. I’ve never used a diet coach, nor gotten down to contest shape. I know a lot of guys who have used diet coaching, and the way they’ve described it to me, their coaches have been much more specific about what they can and can’t eat.

Again, I appreciate you dropping some knowledge in here, pwolves. I’ve followed your journey on here, and you seriously impress the hell out of me.

Thanks for the kind words Flip, but re-reading my original post I did come across a bit douchey, and should have just explained my opinion/position. The majority of successful contest prep coaches in natural bodybuilding are utilizing IIFYM these days. Now, that doesn’t mean just eat whatever crap you want to fill your macros every day. Clients are still expected to eat responsibly and not fill all 300 carbs with candy and pop tarts, but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with fitting in a few of these every day if you’d like.

I completely agree with you that for a short cut or for an offseason, there’s no reason someone with a good understanding of nutrition couldn’t adjust their own macros successfully. But a good coach really has value in knowing when to push the envelope, or when to simply not change anything despite progress seemingly slowing. It’d be the natural tendency for many dieters to be extremely aggressive and want to slash too many calories/add too much cardio early in prep, essentially blowing their load too early and limiting their potential for how lean they can get.

contests, it’s extremely rare to see someone bring truly great conditioning who did not work with a coach. Many people just aren’t willing to absolutely grind themselves, and it takes a coach to be the bad guy at times, lol. It’s tough be objective with yourself dieting for 20+ weeks! And when it comes to wanting more than just a set of macros and cardio updates, the way I see it, I’m paying for results not a fancy plan. For someone that prefers following a meal plan, they could just set up a meal plan and follow that daily using their assigned macros.

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Flip, but re-reading my original post I did come across a bit douchey, and should have just explained my opinion/position. The majority of successful contest prep coaches in natural bodybuilding are utilizing IIFYM these days. Now, that doesn’t mean just eat whatever crap you want to fill your macros every day. Clients are still expected to eat responsibly and not fill all 300 carbs with candy and pop tarts, but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with fitting in a few of these every day if you’d like.

I completely agree with you that for a short cut or for an offseason, there’s no reason someone with a good understanding of nutrition couldn’t adjust their own macros successfully. But a good coach really has value in knowing when to push the envelope, or when to simply not change anything despite progress seemingly slowing. It’d be the natural tendency for many dieters to be extremely aggressive and want to slash too many calories/add too much cardio early in prep, essentially blowing their load too early and limiting their potential for how lean they can get.

contests, it’s extremely rare to see someone bring truly great conditioning who did not work with a coach. Many people just aren’t willing to absolutely grind themselves, and it takes a coach to be the bad guy at times, lol. It’s tough be objective with yourself dieting for 20+ weeks! And when it comes to wanting more than just a set of macros and cardio updates, the way I see it, I’m paying for results not a fancy plan. For someone that prefers following a meal plan, they could just set up a meal plan and follow that daily using their assigned macros.[/quote]

I’m 100% with you on the importance of a coach for contest prep. If I ever ventured into bodybuilding, I would absolutely hire a coach. No question.

It seems that I took the concept of IIFYM too literally. I was under the impression that it literally meant eat whatever the fuck you want, as long as protein, fat, and carb content match up with the numbers they’re supposed to. The ‘Now, that doesn’t mean just eat whatever crap you want to fill your macros every day’ part eluded me. If it doesn’t mean that you can eat whatever the hell you want, then it’s a more reasonable approach than I believed.

How many people in a contest don’t hire a coach? I’m curious about that. I don’t know why you wouldn’t. I feel like it would be so hard to not have one. That kinda sounds douchey they way I’m saying. Not at all. I got a customer of mine that says he is doing a contest on his own. Said his coach purposely made his cut hard because he complained that his first one was difficult. I think he said his first one was 12 weeks, then the guy made him do a 9 week cut and now since he doing it on his own he is doing 16 weeks.

FYI there is absolutely no way I can ever get into contest shape even with a coach, its a special breed to do it. Ive trained every athlete. Bodybuilding just might be the hardest sport ive been around.