Onfire1's Metcon for Muscle Log

68.15 time ( Day 3 pull)

Db Farmers walk 2 min ( 50 kg )

Complex 1 - round 1&2

Snatch grip power shrug 80/90 kg
Db shrug 22,5 kg 15/13 rep
Farmers walk 28/30 kg

Complex 2 - round 1&2

Db Seal row 68 kg ( had to change it from the pendlay row )
Rear delts 5 kg 15/13 reps
Zercher carry 67 kg ( fatbar)

Chin up hold first 45 sec - rest was 15 sec bouts ( so brutal )

Chin up - dead hang 2 min straight with straps

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Push day in the books :books:

Push press today fell unbelievable hard,
I Felt weak today

Maybe Those five clean and press on Saturday for 10 rounds - Labor work has probably killed my shoulders

This program so far really expose my strengths and weaknesses

But on the good side, I feel good and look leaner in the morning- sleep, hydration and food it’s also something that I really pay attention to, but man I pee like an old man all the time :rofl: Close to 3 L of fluid it’s a lot!

I have really managed fatigue and haven’t done anything else but the program

So I have listened @Christian_Thibaudeau

Love it! Great choice.

How are you feeling about it so far? Still got the itch to do more?

No to be honest, maybe a little direct arm work is missing - just my “ego” and because I need it!!! - it’s probably good to get some rest from the Thai sparring & heavy bag work. And just to cut down training volume overall. @Christian_Thibaudeau

@Christian_Thibaudeau +1 to this sentiment. I mean, the program is great and I’m shedding fat off (which is more needed than extra arm size) but arms can never be too big; therefore they are always too small.

I would appreciate some direct arm work, but not at the sake of making the program less effective.

1 Like

Hey @Christian_Thibaudeau
I have a question regarding
The Tanita body composition reading

If you look at muscle mass it says that I dropped in mass. I thought you were not able to drop muscle mass so quick? I
heard you say it will take up to 6 to 10 weeks before that would - And I am getting in my proteins. Or is it the machine fucking with me :eyes:

Fat impedance testing is not super accurate (can be as much as 15% off, pending hydration). Don’t read too much into it =)

1 Like

Thanks man :muscle:t3:

1 Like

Seriously, taking some time off of training arms directly will VERY likely lead to more arm growth in the future, once you get back to it.

If it’s a weak point I will assume that you were doing plenty of work for them already, and not progressing. This would indicate that their response to training was downregulated (essentially that or those specific muscles are getting less and less of an mTOR/protein synthesis increase from the stimulus). The only way to fix that is dramatically reduce the stimulus imposed to this/these muscle(s).

It’s mentally very hard to do… and that’s one of the main reasons why people fail to improve their weak points.

2 Likes

Bioimpedence scales are mildly more accurate than drawing a number out of a hat and calling that your body fat percentage.

I once had a 10% difference from morning to evening simply due to hydration status.

2 Likes

Yesterday‘s workout legs! :leg::mechanical_leg:
Felt so freaking awesome! So much more in the tank, and also the fact that you recommend using straps, it really helps you push on the main lifts and holds! I threw in Glute ham raises, instead of leg curls it worked very well.

To be honest, - my sin is not doing enough direct arm work or at least the volume that it takes. I have been scrolling through so much regarding arm work that you ever wrote or did videos on - and I see exactly where I fail. Arms &back are built for holding, stuff like isometric, high volume etc. I also looked in too arms length and how to attack them with different approaches that you wrote about…
but for now who cares about the arms! I’m shredding fat - looking leaner and feeling more powerful. And the summers almost over here :laughing::muscle:t3:

Point taken with the Tanita machine! :muscle:t3::coffin:

@Christian_Thibaudeau

Just 30 min of recovery walk in the sun :sunny:
Legs feel strong from yesterdays workout

@Christian_Thibaudeau

Reminds me of when I go take a walk with my weight vest which look like a military-grade bulletproof vest: it gets me some weird looks from the neighbors and even more when I go to the grocery store with it!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very solid execution on the backward drag, excellent body position and focus on leg extension

1 Like

Today’s workout in the books :books: - pull

I felt very good today! @Christian_Thibaudeau

Very strong pulls or at least very explosive :firecracker: ( which is key right? )

I hope it’s all right - but I had to change the pendlay Row, to seal rows - i’m having a hard time feeling the movement, as well as the seal rows.

I also used very light kettlebells for the incline chest supported laterals, feel
These much more because of the leverage, distance they have to travel and the grip has to be strong, and my weak wrist from boxing also gets strengthen by this! Win win

I really upped the farmers walk 103 kg and zercher walk 80 kg in the complexes
Felt goooood!

The hangs are still so brutal, but managed 45 sec for the chin up hold at first, then 30 sec, finished with 15 seconds bouts until two minutes mark.

The dead hang was straight two minutes :muscle:t3: With straps

I also have a question in regards to volume on main movements.
I’m doing double ramping twice with the same weight. Like you prescribe in some of your videos. I really feel this working well for me.
Example:
5 reps 40 kg
5 reps 40 kg
5 reps 50 kg
5 reps 50 kg
3 reps 60 kg
3 reps 60 kg

The hit the complex with focus on the 3 sec lowering.

Here’s a video of some of the movements

1 Like

Yes you definitely get some weird looks is this a suicide bomber or a guy who is just mad :laughing::firecracker:
But it’s all worth it you definitely feel it afterwards