T Nation

One Year later: Still Low Test/Hypothyroid Blood Work

So I have been suffereing from low testosterone and hypothyroidism for the past year.

I have tried hcg, clomid, and nolvadex cycle which helped but was temporary. Also tried things like trib. terr. and I noticed some benefits but still nothing what it should be.

For my thyroid I have been taking Armour for a year now.

My question is do I need to get my pituitary gland checked due to the low FSH and LH levels?

I go back in a few weeks to discuss the finding with my new doctor.

Here are my latest scores:
FSH 2.1 (1.6-8.0)
LH 2.9 (1.5-9.3)
Total Test 251 (250-1100)
Free Test 50.2 (35-155)
SHBG 27 (8-48)
Estradiol 18 (13-54)

Cholesterol
Total 210
HDL 49
LDL 146 (high)
Trigly 76

Thyroid:
Free T3 3.4 (2.3-4.2)
Free T4 1.3 (0.8-1.8)
TSH 3rd gen 0.6 (0.4-4.5)

Your FSH and LH are in the normal range, but are low normal. So clearly you have secondary hypogonadism. Otherwise, your LH and FSH would be abnormally high.

Yeah, get it checked; get an MRI done.

Like it in my case, it can be idiopathic.

Why would you "try" these things and stop?

Do you see a doctor?

I read a protocol written by a doctor online using hcg, clomid, and nolv over a 4 week period. Ran this waited two weeks and had blood work done. Test levels were up in 600s and total was alot higher but can remember the number off the top of my head.

I have ran Tribulus on and off again the past couple of months and can tell an increase in libido but that is about it.

Thank you by the way for the input. I value all the help I can get.

In regards to doctor I have been using a doctor for my thyroid. She wanted to put me on test replacement cream but I knew that would not correct the problem of me being low testosterone. So I passed on it.

Anyways I am trying a new doctor and go back in a couple of weeks to review my blood work and see where we go next.

what are your symptoms?

have you ever tested for Reverse T3? I was on Armour at one point with good free T4/T3 numbers, but still hypothyroid symptoms, I found out that it was due to the T4 from Armour converting to Reverse T3.

Check out thyroid-rt3.com

also have you ever tested your cortisol, ferritin, D25-OHlevels?

Which of the stickies have you read?
Any questions from there?

How does receiving TRT not correct the problem of hypogonadism but taking thyroid takes care of the problem of hypothyroidism?

I have hypogonadism; it's treated with TRT.

I'm confused.

since he has a thyroid issue and is taking Armour then rt3 may be causing problems.

purechance:

What were your hypothyroid symptoms that resolved using t3 only?

What kind of side effects did preg cause? was it TD or oral?

Thanks!

A year ago I was diagnosed with both hypothyroidism and low testosterone.

I was trying to avoid TRT hoping there was some reason behind it that could be corrected. I go back in a month to see what this doc says.

I have an old previous post about all of this. I will find it and attach it to this thread.

Here is a link to one year ago thread.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_senior/blood_worked_sucks

I also had a saliva cortisol test done and it was reversed.

I also had food allergy testing done and showed an intolerance to grain and dairy. Cut them out for about 2-3 weeks and felt slightly better but not worth all the effort. I truely dont think this is the root cause of the problem.

Ran some licorice supreme and it helped with sleeping. Also ran low dosed cortef in am 5mg and that helped alot with sleeping.

New doc wanted to know what in the world I was doing on this. He is having me taper off it as we speak.