One Wish and 24 Hours to Make It

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Well, like football said, if you ask for a lot of money you can help yourself and help many others. Seems like a win/win[/quote]

Except, where does that money come from? If you ask for money, and the genie creates it out of thin air, that will only cause inflation and devaluation of the money you received. Otherwise, the money would be coming from someone else, in which case, have you helped that person? or persons?

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
football061 wrote:
20 Trillion dollars. 10 to bail out the US government and all its debt. 5 to invest in numerous banks around the world to fight world hunger and cures for numerous types of deadly diseases. And of course, 5 for myself to play with and buy all kinds of nice toys :).

Inflation. You drop 20 Trillion on the market and it instantly becomes worthless.

Haven’t you people ever watched The Simpsons? No matter what you wish for that Monkey’s Paw is gonna totally screw you over.[/quote]

I was actually going to throw that in there. 20 Trillion with no affect on inflation. But then I was like well that could be two wishes in one.

Haven’t you people ever watched The Simpsons? No matter what you wish for that Monkey’s Paw is gonna totally screw you over.[/quote]

The Turkey is always a little dry.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Vegita wrote:
I have put some thought into this, obviously since i made the post. I think my personal choice would be that I would have every power that superman has. This would be pretty damn good, because there is nothing that could contain you seeing that kryptonite doesn’t exist.

You could therefore go out and do good deeds and help humanity on a rather large scale, yet still have some normal aspects of your life, for instance you could still get with hotties and go sit on a beach drinking margaritas. You would get to hunt down real bad guys and whip thier asses which would always be cool, you could fly, shoot lazer beams from your eyes and throw big things around.

Also you would not be immortal, wishing for immortality, may be cool for a while, but after eons of time, say every human got killed ina big asteroid impact, yet you still lived, you would be walking around a charred planet with pond scum as your buddies. That might suck.

V

The argument against being Superman is that, essentially, because superman cannot feel pain, he can also not feel love, empathy, compassion…etc. over time, he becomes distant and detached, alienated from humanity, caring little to nothing of their successes and failures. Just saying…

[/quote]

He can’t feel physical pain, he can feel emotional pain, like when lois lane is in danger. If you want to not become detached, just watch one of those Sarah McLoughlun commercials with the poor animals. That will keep anyone attached. Also I will be feeling enough pain knowing I cannot fix all the worlds problems.

As I am typing this I am leaning towards Goku powers anyways, He can feel pain, especially from a needle. And he feels emotional loss at the loss of any innocent life, thats what drives him.

V

Kruiser wrote:
Genie. Grant me… OMNISCIENCE.

So you want to watch when this woman takes a dump? Remember, you’re going to see everything.[/quote]

I’d wish to have the mental image of that woman taking a dump removed from my brain, so much for sleeping the next few days.

I’d wish for an exciting Dungeons and Dragons campaign played with my kids and She Say where Sen Jr. is the Dungeon Master, Sen the Third is a Dwarf Fighter, Sen the Fourth is a Halfling Rogue, She Say is an Elven Wizard and I am a Human Cleric with a thing for female elves that cast spells and we all reach 20th level.

Simple, xray vision.

DB

[quote]Vegita wrote:

He can’t feel physical pain, he can feel emotional pain, like when lois lane is in danger. If you want to not become detached, just watch one of those Sarah McLoughlun commercials with the poor animals. That will keep anyone attached. Also I will be feeling enough pain knowing I cannot fix all the worlds problems.

As I am typing this I am leaning towards Goku powers anyways, He can feel pain, especially from a needle. And he feels emotional loss at the loss of any innocent life, thats what drives him.

V[/quote]

Superman comics do not adequately reflect the truth/dilemma of god-like powers. Besides, The statement was not that you wouldn’t care at all ever, but that over time, your ability to care would diminish, and then vanish. As there would no longer be any challenges for you, there would also no longer be any rewards, etc.

Also, physical and emotional pain are closely linked, as are physical and emotional pleasures, all of which a god-like entity grows distant from

I’m gonna have to go with magnetism so i can float around like magneto. I just gotta put some paper clips in my shoes and poof, i’m hovering around. But then again, i would totally be evil.

I really like OG’s luck wish.

However, I think that I would be selfish and wish that everything would be free for me.
I would probably be in school continually learning and constantly “shopping” for clothes, shoes, food and supps.

This way the money that I save can be used to help others in need. So I figure in the end its not so selfish as long as I have good intentions with the money that I earn.

I’ve always wondered if it would be against some sort of genie rule to wish for infinite wishes.

[quote]Lohryx5 wrote:
I’ve always wondered if it would be against some sort of genie rule to wish for infinite wishes.[/quote]

so cute…

FELLA!!! be wild… break the genie rules

I’d wish to be sucessful at anything that i do, be it working out, school, or with women. Anything at all.

[quote]Lohryx5 wrote:
I’ve always wondered if it would be against some sort of genie rule to wish for infinite wishes.[/quote]

Yeah me too, like it’s some secret genie trap …they tell you slyly … ‘you may wish for anything’, but refuse to say if you can wish for infinite wishes. Then once you utter those words …it is a trick. You can’t stop wishing and wishing one after the other and every word you say for the rest of your life is a wish and nothing else.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
I’d wish to be sucessful at anything that i do, be it working out, school, or with women. Anything at all.[/quote]

you can do that… no genie required!

but I like how you’re thinking Ahzaz!

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Lohryx5 wrote:
I’ve always wondered if it would be against some sort of genie rule to wish for infinite wishes.

Yeah me too, like it’s some secret genie trap …they tell you slyly … ‘you may wish for anything’, but refuse to say if you can wish for infinite wishes. Then once you utter those words …it is a trick. You can’t stop wishing and wishing one after the other and every word you say for the rest of your life is a wish and nothing else. [/quote]

EIther that, or maybe saying that you wish for more wishes is genie code for “I want to be a genie” in which case, you end up imprisoned in some poor shlub’s Jack Daniel’s bottle.

I wish all women had bigger tits

C’mon! somebody had to make a tit-wish

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Lohryx5 wrote:

Yeah me too, like it’s some secret genie trap …they tell you slyly … ‘you may wish for anything’, but refuse to say if you can wish for infinite wishes. Then once you utter those words …it is a trick. You can’t stop wishing and wishing one after the other and every word you say for the rest of your life is a wish and nothing else.

EIther that, or maybe saying that you wish for more wishes is genie code for “I want to be a genie” in which case, you end up imprisoned in some poor shlub’s Jack Daniel’s bottle.[/quote]

Now that would suck. I know I just wouldn’t look right in a turbin and baggy pants.

[quote]Lohryx5 wrote:
Malevolence wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Lohryx5 wrote:

EIther that, or maybe saying that you wish for more wishes is genie code for “I want to be a genie” in which case, you end up imprisoned in some poor shlub’s Jack Daniel’s bottle.

Now that would suck. I know I just wouldn’t look right in a turbin and baggy pants.[/quote]

Though living in a JD bottle would have it’s benefits.

Also I whish all women have perfect tits might be better to wish for, Bigger is a little ambiguous.

V