One Song

rusty cage - soundgarden

[quote]dyeguy1212 wrote:
forgot to mention

the song “you wouldnt know”
by HELLYEAH is awesome. the band consists of members of pantera and mudvayne. absolutly awesome song. god bless my local radio station for tipping me off.[/quote]

And two from Nothingface

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
I really don’t have ONE SONG…but I have two… “Through the Fire and the Flames” by Dragonforce and “The Divine Wings of Tragedy” (a. At the Four Corners of the Earth and b. In the Room of Thrones, the first two movements. Up until the clean electric guitar fingerpicking.)[/quote]

Ah, a Dragonforce fan. Excellent. Although, I’m really more partial to Twilightning and Kamelot (specifically “Black Halo”, “Epica”, “Karma” albums).

When I’m heading to martial arts training, I pop in Bathory’s Blood Fire Death album.

The song A Fine Day to Die always gets me amped up.

Right before a lift, “Gravedancer” by Pig Destroyer.

I can’t believe no one said effing Creeping Death - Metallica…you know when they were young, drunk, and good.

Himsa, 3IoB, All that Remains, Maiden

O ya and the final countdown haha…epic

It Ain’t Like That by Alice in Chains

runner up:

An Ode To No One by The Smashing Pumpkins

Mudvayne “DIG”

I Think We’re Alone Now – Tiffany

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
I really don’t have ONE SONG…but I have two… “Through the Fire and the Flames” by Dragonforce and “The Divine Wings of Tragedy” (a. At the Four Corners of the Earth and b. In the Room of Thrones, the first two movements. Up until the clean electric guitar fingerpicking.)

Ah, a Dragonforce fan. Excellent. Although, I’m really more partial to Twilightning and Kamelot (specifically “Black Halo”, “Epica”, “Karma” albums).[/quote]

If you take something from that post, it’s that I’m the most hawkish Symphony X fan I’ve ever met. They’re currently about 80% of my musical diet and once someone engages me in a topic about them, I never shut the fuck up. Though I did my squats to “Through the Fire and the Flames,” today. But I’ve already listened to X’s albums “V: New Mythology Suite” and “The Divine Wings of Tragedy,” today. More to come.

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:
I Think We’re Alone Now – Tiffany[/quote]

Tell me you’re not serious.

Millencolin - Happiness For Dogs

or

Dragonforce - Body Breakdown

Cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin.

Favourite song outright:

Washer by Slint.

As far as lifting songs go:

Do Not Speak by Anaal Nathrakh

It’s been mentioned but…
Dig by Mudvayne

honorable mention:
In Flames - only for the weak / cloud connected
POD - click click boom

Not sure if it’s the ‘one’, but it’s the first song that came to mind when I read the question:

‘13 Steps’ by Pantera

(BTW, I think they’re leading this thread right now – no surprise, but good to see!!!)

Workhorse by Mastodon

and any Pantera song ever written.

As weird as it sounds Cats in the Cradle came on one time while I was lifting and I enjoyed listening to it during my workout.

13, 13, 13 steps!!!

Good song, I forgot about that one. I’m getting some good tracks out of this.

Papercut by Linkin Park

Stomp - Youngbuck

I always said if I were a boxer, I would come out to this song…