One Song

There’s been a million threads about your favorite bands. But what is your favorite song to listen to that gets you pumped before a training session? Just name one song. Mine, fittingly, is Metallica’s “One”.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
There’s been a million threads about your favorite bands. But what is your favorite song to listen to that gets you pumped before a training session? Just name one song. Mine, fittingly, is Metallica’s “One”. [/quote]

I’ll have to listen to that song.

This is a really difficult question. I would have to say ‘Step Up’ by Drowning Pool, or In Da Club from 50 Cent.

Both lame, but pump me up like nothing else.

Van Halen Don’t tell me

The Imperial March.

For lifting?

‘Scratch the surface’ by Sick of it all

[quote]StevenF wrote:
There’s been a million threads about your favorite bands. But what is your favorite song to listen to that gets you pumped before a training session? Just name one song. Mine, fittingly, is Metallica’s “One”. [/quote]

no chance I could answer that. I once (about 8 years ago) tried to come up with my favorite song hierarchy. I stopped after 513 songs. I tried the same with my favorite band some time after that, failing after 317 bands.

Off the top of my head, some I do like

“Wasting my Hate” Mighty Metallica–this is my DL song. Dedicated, only played during record attempts

“Feuer Frei” Rammstein–ever since I saw it opening the movie in xXx. That amps me up beyond belief

“Cowboys from Hell” Pantera. I mean, come on.

“Die With Your Boots On” the one and only Iron Maiden. Another lift PR attempt song.

“Hand Writing on the Wall” and “Just Got Paid” (a ZZ cover) by Eric Gale

Most songs from Rust in Peace, esp. “Take No Prisoners”, “Lucretia” and “Tornado of Souls”

“Dante’s inferno”, “Jack”, “Diary”, “Pure Evil”, “Stormrider” and many others by Iced Earth

“Break Stuff” by Limp Bizkit. Whenever life sucks…

“If You Want Blood” by AC/DC

“For Those About to Rock” by AC/DC. This is a great build up song. I usually play it timed such that I’m walking through the gym doors when it kicks in loud and heavy.

“Meaning of Life” and “Liberate (your mind)” Disturbed. Great song to erase all doubts and harden your soul.

“Blood Brothers” Papa Roach

“Bombshell” Powerman5000

“Victory” “She-wolf” and “Something I’m Not” by Megadeth

“Scum of the Earth” and “More Human than Human” Rob Zombie

Just re-read your post. Way more than one song. Sorry. But I told you it was impossible :slight_smile:

Damn, uhhhh, only one?

I guess Pantera’s “Fucking Hostile”, though that whole fucking cd gets me pissed-pumped.

Rawkfist by Thousand Foot Krutch.

Hmmmmm, maybe “More Human.” by Zombie

I really don’t have ONE SONG…but I have two… “Through the Fire and the Flames” by Dragonforce and “The Divine Wings of Tragedy” (a. At the Four Corners of the Earth and b. In the Room of Thrones, the first two movements. Up until the clean electric guitar fingerpicking.)

Metallica - “Through the Never”

DB

“Domination” by Pantera.

Navras, from the Matrix Revolutions soundtrack.

Survival of the fittest by mobb deep. That song makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

It changes.

Right now its Shipping Up To Boston, but Dropkick Murphys

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
The Imperial March.[/quote]

game time.

forgot to mention

the song “you wouldnt know”
by HELLYEAH is awesome. the band consists of members of pantera and mudvayne. absolutly awesome song. god bless my local radio station for tipping me off.

The Air That I Breathe by ALL THAT REMAINS

The entire All That Remains cd makes me wanna fuck shit up, in the gym it puts me into a whole new level…

It changes. Right now it is:

Slave Labor by Fear Factory.