T Nation

One Shot Every 4 Weeks?

Well, good and bad news. Good news is my endo switched me to injections 200mg Test Cyp. from 2.5g Androgel daily. Bad news, it’s only once every 4 weeks.

I see him again in 5 months, he wants me to get blood drawn before and after my 4th shot (4th month) He said once he see the results he will know whether to keep it like it is or make the shots more frequent.

I hope I don’t go on an emotional rollercoaster. But I told him this, and he said that’s why he will draw blood before and after the last shot.

So ya that’s where I stand now. I plan on still using the Androgel to compensate for the in between time from each shot. Good or bad idea?

KSman has already commented on this and I completely agree that this protocol he has got me on is far from optimal.

I was just curious at to what you guys would do if you can’t currently change doctors. I am working with, a 10mL vial with 1mL = 200mg of Test Cy and 5 refills. I’m suppose to give myself the shots, so technically if I wanted, I could manipulate the dosing if it was in my best interest…Or would doing so hinder my blood tests in 5 months?

thanks for the long read all

[quote]mr11percent wrote:
Well, good and bad news. Good news is my endo switched me to injections 200mg Test Cyp. from 2.5g Androgel daily. Bad news, it’s only once every 4 weeks.

I see him again in 5 months, he wants me to get blood drawn before and after my 4th shot (4th month) He said once he see the results he will know whether to keep it like it is or make the shots more frequent.

I hope I don’t go on an emotional rollercoaster. But I told him this, and he said that’s why he will draw blood before and after the last shot.

So ya that’s where I stand now. I plan on still using the Androgel to compensate for the in between time from each shot. Good or bad idea?

KSman has already commented on this and I completely agree that this protocol he has got me on is far from optimal.

I was just curious at to what you guys would do if you can’t currently change doctors. I am working with, a 10mL vial with 1mL = 200mg of Test Cy and 5 refills. I’m suppose to give myself the shots, so technically if I wanted, I could manipulate the dosing if it was in my best interest…Or would doing so hinder my blood tests in 5 months?

thanks for the long read all[/quote]

I went on 200mg E2W at first and it wasn’t good. I would use the Androgel myself. Only because of the blood test. This doctor is a quack plain and simple. If you can somehow find another doctor that would be nice, and stay away from the Endo’s.

From all the shit I read on these forums and other resourses they are bad doctor’s for HRT. I have a DO. he is great and he consults with a Endo. but he listens to me. Good luck Bro and keep us posted

[quote]jakeman124 wrote:
I would use the Androgel myself. Only because of the blood test. This doctor is a quack plain and simple. If you can somehow find another doctor that would be nice, and stay away from the Endo’s.[/quote]
My mom thinks the DOs are not as “qualified” as endos, but I keep telling her to just go see Dr. Crisler for a consultation. She trusts in our endo and thinks he knows what he’s doing. It definitely sucks because she is the one paying for everything so I can’t really do much.

The fact that he would consult with my endo works for me, but would my endo get insulted for me going to a DO over him? Plus I have heard that Dr. Crisler does not take insurance.

Dr. Crisler doesn’t take insurance, but his rates are very reasonable. I was considering going to see him until I found a local Doc to treat me. The ONLY reason I did not go to Dr. Crisler is the 20+ hour drive one way. I was told by is office that he will write the orders for your labs and allow you to use a lab of your choice for insurance purposes.

The same thing goes for prescriptions. I was also told the initial face to face consult is $300.00 and follow up visits can be done virtual/phone for $50.00 a pop. His rates are very inexpensive. If you live relatively close to his office (6-8 hours one way) I would go to the best and be done with it.

[quote]sdmlsu1 wrote:
Dr. Crisler doesn’t take insurance, but his rates are very reasonable. I was considering going to see him until I found a local Doc to treat me. The ONLY reason I did not go to Dr. Crisler is the 20+ hour drive one way. I was told by is office that he will write the orders for your labs and allow you to use a lab of your choice for insurance purposes. The same thing goes for prescriptions. I was also told the initial face to face consult is $300.00 and follow up visits can be done virtual/phone for $50.00 a pop. His rates are very inexpensive. If you live relatively close to his office (6-8 hours one way) I would go to the best and be done with it.[/quote]

To see Dr. Crisler would mean taking a plane trip and a mini vacation from where I live. I am considering it as a last resort if I can’t find a doctor around here that knows what they are doing. Even the LEF and WHN doctors that I have been to here are clueless which was very disappointing.

thanks for the long read all[/quote]

Well, your doctor isn’t the only one that thinks this way. My doctor said I could go to injectables, but it would only be one shot a month at his office. Forget it!

well I would stick with your doc for now, follow his protocol and when you prove to him that your levels are like a roller coaster maybe he will change them to suite your best needs…
take some literature with you just in case to show him what normal protocol is. if you change docs a new one wont like to over rule the old one usually
Bulldogg

thanks for the comments guys

I have just about convinced my parents to go see Dr. Crisler, they just want to check and see if he’s legit, ie: credited, such as in the American Journal of Medicine etc.

If any of you guys have this kind of information, it would seal the deal.

thanks for the comments guys

I have just about convinced my parents to go see Dr. Crisler, they just want to check and see if he’s legit, ie: credited, such as in the American Journal of Medicine etc.

If any of you guys have this kind of information, it would seal the deal.[/quote]

There are endo’s who should not be allowed to do any TRT, and urologists can be as bad too. There are GPs who study TRT and do a fantastic job!. It all comes down to individual skills and dedication. Hitting endo’s may be the wrong approach.

Endo’s are expensive and can be hard to get to see to start and also not able to spend much time with you for routing med checks.

You can’t judge a male HRT doc by his accreditations!!!