One Set vs. Multiple Sets

Guys, how many world class strongmen and bodybuilders has Darden trained. Don’t say Viator, we know now that he did hit, and another secret workout on his own.

HIT is a logical fallacy with many holes and people were duped into it by Mentzer under the slogans “think for yourself” and “be a rugged individualist” I followed it blindly for 7 years. Then one day, I looked at a picture of Mentzer and told myself to think for myself.

Also, HIT promoters have an answer to everyone who doesn’t get results. I had one guy tell me I was too intense on my sets, and another tell me that doing 6 total sets while training each muscle once every 2 weeks was too much volume. Still another telling me that I wasn’t getting results in my chest because I had been doing 30 degree decline dumbell presses and I should have been doing 15 degree decline dumbell presses.

The last two reps of a set are not the growth producing reps. If you consistently go to true all out failure, you will not be able to train again soon enough to get stronger.