One Punch, One Kill

I’m suprised he didnt get given 200 hours community service and asked not to litter.

Country is fucked up.

[quote]Hyena wrote:
This is bullshit. This guy is a victim of circumstance. I don’t know if you guys read the whole thing, but the guy didn’t die because of the punch. He got punched in the face, fell backward and bounced his head off the pavement. This guy had no intention of killing anyone. Yeah, it was a cheap shot, and the guy is a little bitch, but he doesn’t deserve 6 years of hard time for it.

The judge was also a complete idiot. He said ‘the statement that ‘I have a killer punch’ denotes that you have some idea of your punching power’. Too dumb to realize that it wasn’t the punch that killed him. You think he had some murderous intention because he bragged about his punching power in a bar? Are you serious?

In closing: Was this guy a douche? Yes. Should he have punched a defenseless drunk for no reason? No. Does he deserve 6 years in prison? I don’t think so.[/quote]

Are you fucking kidding me?The guy was an ex-boxer and was bragging a few hours earlier that he had a killer punch.It’s reasonably forseeable that if a trained fighter sucker punches someone then that person can be knocked out cold and ten fall back and smack their head on the pavement.

(Edit: I guess this is really a reply to Hyena.)

It’s entirely reasonable to expect a man to understand the danger of punching someone: a man could easily fall down & suffer a fatal blow to the head. Therefor a charge of manslaughter seems quite fitting.

This is why you don’t get into fights. Grown men can cause a lot of damage. It’s too easy for serious, and sometimes fatal, injuries to occur. If this sounds obvious, keep in mind that is entirely my point (see my first sentence).

[quote]JonEightPackGuy wrote:
Wish I could do that.[/quote]

Be made of tarmac? :wink:

Whatever he hits, he destroys!

[quote]rugggby wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:
but he doesn’t deserve 6 years of hard time for it.[/quote]

Don’t worry, its England… there’s no such thing as hard time.[/quote]

People who say this usually have no idea what it’s like being in prison.

[quote]Hyena wrote:
This is bullshit. This guy is a victim of circumstance. I don’t know if you guys read the whole thing, but the guy didn’t die because of the punch. He got punched in the face, fell backward and bounced his head off the pavement. This guy had no intention of killing anyone. Yeah, it was a cheap shot, and the guy is a little bitch, but he doesn’t deserve 6 years of hard time for it.

The judge was also a complete idiot. He said ‘the statement that ‘I have a killer punch’ denotes that you have some idea of your punching power’. Too dumb to realize that it wasn’t the punch that killed him. You think he had some murderous intention because he bragged about his punching power in a bar? Are you serious?

In closing: Was this guy a douche? Yes. Should he have punched a defenseless drunk for no reason? No. Does he deserve 6 years in prison? I don’t think so.[/quote]

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR COCKSUCKING MOTHERFUCKING MIND. GO FUCKING DIE.

Are you fucking serious? This cowardly piece of fucking shit cold cocks someone that is not defending himself, causing his death, and you say “shit happens”. I HOPE THE FUCKING SHIT HAPPENS TO YOU.

This is far more common that you think. It is NOT okay to just cold cock someone…people die. And you and anyone that thinks like you is a fucking stupid idiot that doesn’t deserve to walk among decent society. He took a life you fucking idiot. 6 years is nothing. He’s fucking lucky he’s not doing longer.

Fucking dumbass.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Tyrant wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

Yeah you’re right, he totally doesn’t deserve prison. I’ma head to rob a bank right now, if the police pursue me I’ll probably shoot at them. I’m not trying to kill them, but just want them to discontinue pursuit, if one dies, I’m totally not liable for murder or anything…

This isn’t the first, second, or third instance of something like this happening, if you punch someone on a sidewalk and they get KOed, they are going to smash their head into the ground, every time. Everyone should know this. That was murder through and through, he should get much more then 6 years.
[/quote]

I don’t think anyone thinks if I punch this guy, he’ll bounce his head off the concrete and sustain fatal injuries.[/quote]

Happens far too often. It’s the reason I don’t go around punching people I would fucking LOVE to punch. It’s the reason I tell ever idiot bouncer the same thing.

[quote]four60 wrote:
Legally? Well it depends on who your lawyer is, the state or the country it happens in an who seen what.

I read that people stated the kids hands were in his pocket. Looking at the tape it seems that one hand was up an the other was at his side. So I’m not sure who to believe. It seems that there was a problem at the Pub an the kid an his group was asked to leave. The guy that knocked him out followed so maybe they had words inside we will never know.

It’s sad the kid died. Booze an shit talking go hand in hand no one should die over it.

EDIT: Looking at the video on a big screen you can see the guy putting his hands on the kids shoulders. And the kids hands were down at his side. So it was a sucker punch. [/quote]

So go ahead and continue defending a sucker punch. As if you had a problem with someone then sucker punched them it was justified. Fucking stupid. Real fucking stupid. I swear to fucking god, “men” are an endangered species in this world. A man does not sucker punch anyone. And a man doesn’t fucking defend a coward. Let that cowardly motherfucker get the broomstick in his ass for the next 6 years. Piece of shit.

Manslaughter is appropriate. I’ve been in my share of barfights and I’ve seen a lot of stupid shit from sucker punches to attempted murder. This was not an attempted murder. It’s unfortunate when ANYONE dies that doesn’t have it coming to them, but people have been dying for stupid shit since the dawn of humanity. Who knows what was said? There’s plenty of people out there writing checks with their mouth that their body can’t cash and talkin’ shit out of the side of their neck. You say that shit in the wrong environment to the wrong person then you’re going to get hit - plain and simple (most men know this). Just because he USED to box doesn’t mean anything - he looks like a fat fuck who’s out of shape. You don’t have to be a trained fighter to knock someone out. TRUST ME. And that’s all that happened. It was the landing that was unfortunate. Was it a dick move? I don’t know, I wasn’t there, maybe the guy had it coming (the punch, not dying). I’ll tell you right now that I’ve thrown the first punch plenty of times when I felt it was warranted on someone pulling my card. I think the “moral outrage” expressed is a little over the top. Shit happens. If you don’t want to get punched, don’t get so drunk and out of control that you get kicked out of a bar and continue the conversation. It’s sad that he died. It is. But this is just a clear example of boys being boys. Manslaughter is appropriate. Six years is appropriate (he’ll probably serve only two or three). But to crucify this guy for doing something that MOST of us could/would do given the same circumstances and alcohol is kinda hypocritical.

Who here has done something when they were drunk that they regretted? I’ll be the FIRST to raise my hand…

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
Manslaughter is appropriate. I’ve been in my share of barfights and I’ve seen a lot of stupid shit from sucker punches to attempted murder. This was not an attempted murder. It’s unfortunate when ANYONE dies that doesn’t have it coming to them, but people have been dying for stupid shit since the dawn of humanity. Who knows what was said? There’s plenty of people out there writing checks with their mouth that their body can’t cash and talkin’ shit out of the side of their neck. You say that shit in the wrong environment to the wrong person then you’re going to get hit - plain and simple (most men know this). Just because he USED to box doesn’t mean anything - he looks like a fat fuck who’s out of shape. You don’t have to be a trained fighter to knock someone out. TRUST ME. And that’s all that happened. It was the landing that was unfortunate. Was it a dick move? I don’t know, I wasn’t there, maybe the guy had it coming (the punch, not dying). I’ll tell you right now that I’ve thrown the first punch plenty of times when I felt it was warranted on someone pulling my card. I think the “moral outrage” expressed is a little over the top. Shit happens. If you don’t want to get punched, don’t get so drunk and out of control that you get kicked out of a bar and continue the conversation. It’s sad that he died. It is. But this is just a clear example of boys being boys. Manslaughter is appropriate. Six years is appropriate (he’ll probably serve only two or three). But to crucify this guy for doing something that MOST of us could/would do given the same circumstances and alcohol is kinda hypocritical.

Who here has done something when they were drunk that they regretted? I’ll be the FIRST to raise my hand…

[/quote]

This is rare, but we’re going to have to disagree. I say bullshit.

Hitting first when threatened with potential physical violence is entirely appropriate.

Hitting someone first that is defenseless is bullshit and a punk move. And I don’t give a fuck what he said with the exception of a specific threat that he was about to carry out.

And fat fuck or not, he knew how to deliver a punch. We can both see that…this was not some wild haymaker drunk bar punch.

He punched a defenseless man who had no idea it was coming. I don’t care what check he may not may not have been writing. It was bullshit. If it were my relative, he wouldn’t be making it out of prison. Bank that.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
But to crucify this guy for doing something that MOST of us could/would do given the same circumstances and alcohol is kinda hypocritical.

[/quote]

First time I didn’t even make it this far.

More bullshit my man. Pure bullshit.

I don’t think most of us go around cold cocking anyone. For those that do, they are fucking cowards. So there is nothing hypocritical about being outraged. The motherfucker snuck him. Getting drunk and doing regretful things is one thing, sucker punching is another. If sucker punching is part of your weekend or repertoire, I say bullshit.

Motherfucker cold cock me will come up missing in a year or so.

And by the way, there is nothing in that report that suggests those two had any words inside the establishment. Fat boy suckered a defenseless man. He’s a cowardly fucking cocksucker. I hope they rent his asshole for cigarettes.

It’s one thing to be out there like we were and chalk it up to being “in the game”. In the game, no one is innocent and “shit happens” is an entirely appropriate outlook. This shit aint in the game my man. I dare say you’re confused.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

Does the guy deserve 6 years in jail? HELL NO!!!

He deserves a lot more than that.

Because he didnt mean to kill him its not his fault? Because he died from hitting the pavement and not from the punch its somehow different?

Thats like saying a drunk driver shouldnt get hard time for hitting another car and causing it to run into a pole. The drunk driver didnt kill the people the pole did.

Fucking retarded

Alcohol is no excuse. Its a good job then, that the law doesn’t treat it as such either. If you kill someone and alcohol was part of it, then the responsibility is still squarely on your shoulders.

I think the sentence is fair, if even on the light side.

He willingly punched someone making no motions to defend himself.

AC I understand the whole “I’ve done things I regretted while drunk too” argument, but I’m willing to bet that any fight started from a lot more than you touching someone on the shoulder, them saying “don’t touch me”, then you sucker punching them.

Hyena, your argument is like saying giving a loaded gun with the safety off to a random individual you meet on the street is ok. Sure, you set things into motion, but it’s not your fault they shot themselves or someone else. You didn’t INTEND for that to happen… not a very intelligent argument.

The term would be fair if he did 6 years.

He’ll be out in about 3, I bet. If he was drunk and there were a few of them acting up looking like they were gonna smash him, then yeah… I’d have hit one of them sucker punch style and ran off. He had the luxary of stepping into that group of people to get a better shot off, where he could get a good clean punch through. Sets his feet quite nicely.

But that wasn’t the case.

He boasted about how much of a fackin’ rock 'ard geezer he is, followed them out the pub, caught up with them, and wouldn’t let it drop. Had to be the hard man with an attitude problem. Who the fuck goes solo following a few guys out the pub? Someone who knows they can drop 'em all. What a cunt.

If you were in that situation and you were one of his mates, what would you do to him after seeing that?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

Does the guy deserve 6 years in jail? HELL NO!!!

He deserves a lot more than that.

Because he didnt mean to kill him its not his fault? Because he died from hitting the pavement and not from the punch its somehow different?

Thats like saying a drunk driver shouldnt get hard time for hitting another car and causing it to run into a pole. The drunk driver didnt kill the people the pole did.

Fucking retarded[/quote]

The drunk-driving analogy was the exact thing that came to my mind upon reading that idiotic drivel. I’ve seen a lot of silly shit posted on the internet, but that post will stick in my mind as one of silliest/shittiest. On the plus side, the initial anger that came over me when I read it is completely gone after reading the subsequent ownage.

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:
Whatever he hits, he destroys![/quote]

Dont worry Dre… I lol’ed

I just watched the video… i used to live in oldham and just visited this x-mas. It’s a fucking horrible place. I used to go out there at weekends and it’s pretty much just full of idiots wanting to fight. The old mes house where it happened is probably the worst place in town, might as well put ropes round it and have cut men on stand by. Seriously violent place at night when people are drunk.

It’s not pleasant, a friend of my got the his heap repeatedly stamped on there and broke his jaw in 6 places, amongst other fights happening.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

Dude, seriously, as a boxer he should have known better than to lay anybody out. Just like a black belt can be charged for assault with a weapon for fucking someone up, so can this guy.
6 years for someone dying because you hit them is fuck all.[/quote]

Where can black belts be charged for assault with a deadly weapon?