One Punch, One Kill

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/crime/s/1316282_video_former_boxer_kills_man_with_killer_punch

what a coward

Fucking idiot… I bet he feels great after that.

did he only get six years for killing someone?

Wish I could do that.

Shit happens. Guys drinking walk outside words are said an shit happens. Sad someone had to die but I think this is more of a lesson to always be on guard an protect yourself.

This is bullshit. This guy is a victim of circumstance. I don’t know if you guys read the whole thing, but the guy didn’t die because of the punch. He got punched in the face, fell backward and bounced his head off the pavement. This guy had no intention of killing anyone. Yeah, it was a cheap shot, and the guy is a little bitch, but he doesn’t deserve 6 years of hard time for it.

The judge was also a complete idiot. He said ‘the statement that ‘I have a killer punch’ denotes that you have some idea of your punching power’. Too dumb to realize that it wasn’t the punch that killed him. You think he had some murderous intention because he bragged about his punching power in a bar? Are you serious?

In closing: Was this guy a douche? Yes. Should he have punched a defenseless drunk for no reason? No. Does he deserve 6 years in prison? I don’t think so.

he got manslaughter for a reason… And hes a coward for punching a defenseless man for no apparent reason… especially sense he is or was a former boxer. At a min he assaulted him and I believe that can carry much more then a 6 year sentence anyways. Basically I believe your argument is flawed sense he got manslaughter.

[quote]Hyena wrote:
This is bullshit. This guy is a victim of circumstance. I don’t know if you guys read the whole thing, but the guy didn’t die because of the punch. He got punched in the face, fell backward and bounced his head off the pavement. This guy had no intention of killing anyone. Yeah, it was a cheap shot, and the guy is a little bitch, but he doesn’t deserve 6 years of hard time for it.

The judge was also a complete idiot. He said ‘the statement that ‘I have a killer punch’ denotes that you have some idea of your punching power’. Too dumb to realize that it wasn’t the punch that killed him. You think he had some murderous intention because he bragged about his punching power in a bar? Are you serious?

In closing: Was this guy a douche? Yes. Should he have punched a defenseless drunk for no reason? No. Does he deserve 6 years in prison? I don’t think so.[/quote]

You’re a fucking idiot. Of course it was the punch that killed him, because it was the punch that set in motion a chain of events that led to him dying. What you’re arguing is no different than saying that a guy who gets hit by a car doesn’t die because the car hits him but because his head hits the pavement after the initial contact with the car. The guy is a victim of circumstances, but the circumstances were set in motion by the guy who hit him, plain and simple.

The guy may not have had intended to kill him, but his actions carried the implicit possibility that death could occur and it wasn’t unreasonable at all to think that a sucker punch would lead to something like this. Just because the puncher was too stupid to realize this potential danger doesn’t excuse him from anything other than a murder charge, hence the manslaughter charge instead.

Regarding the judge: he was spot on. This guy was a former amateur boxer and when a trained boxer makes the claim that he has a “killer punch” it clearly and overtly implies that he is aware of the potential his punches carry. So he wasn’t at all unaware of the danger his punches carried. There was no negligence on his part as a result; he knew what his punches could do and he threw one. He may not have intended to kill the guy, but he intended to cause him serious harm and he knew the inherent danger in his actions. And of course the guy didn’t have murderous intentions, otherwise he would have been charged with at least 2nd degree murder, and most likely 1st degree murder. An unprovoked, pre-meditated, intentional and successful attempt at murder would meet definitely meet the requirements defined by 1st degree murder. That’s why he was convicted of manslaughter.

So in closing, you’re a dumb motherfucker who should read about common law a little bit before you make outrageous, ignorant claims about the intelligence of a judge or the severity of an intentional, criminal action that resulted in the death of an innocent man. Get the fuck out.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

In closing: Was this guy a douche? Yes. Should he have punched a defenseless drunk for no reason? No. Does he deserve 6 years in prison? I don’t think so.[/quote]

Dude, seriously, as a boxer he should have known better than to lay anybody out. Just like a black belt can be charged for assault with a weapon for fucking someone up, so can this guy.
6 years for someone dying because you hit them is fuck all.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

Yeah you’re right, he totally doesn’t deserve prison. I’ma head to rob a bank right now, if the police pursue me I’ll probably shoot at them. I’m not trying to kill them, but just want them to discontinue pursuit, if one dies, I’m totally not liable for murder or anything…

This isn’t the first, second, or third instance of something like this happening, if you punch someone on a sidewalk and they get KOed, they are going to smash their head into the ground, every time. Everyone should know this. That was murder through and through, he should get much more then 6 years.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

You realize what you just wrote right? Using your logic I am going to start pushing people off of buildings, I won’t get in trouble because the push wasnt what killed them it was them losing balance and hitting the ground that killed them.

[quote]honest_lifter wrote:
did he only get six years for killing someone?[/quote]

He plead down to manslaughter.

[quote]Tyrant wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

Yeah you’re right, he totally doesn’t deserve prison. I’ma head to rob a bank right now, if the police pursue me I’ll probably shoot at them. I’m not trying to kill them, but just want them to discontinue pursuit, if one dies, I’m totally not liable for murder or anything…

This isn’t the first, second, or third instance of something like this happening, if you punch someone on a sidewalk and they get KOed, they are going to smash their head into the ground, every time. Everyone should know this. That was murder through and through, he should get much more then 6 years.
[/quote]

I don’t think anyone thinks if I punch this guy, he’ll bounce his head off the concrete and sustain fatal injuries.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Tyrant wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t think anyone thinks if I punch this guy, he’ll bounce his head off the concrete and sustain fatal injuries.[/quote]

That would be because;
a) Most people wouldn’t punch random dudes on the street.
b) Thugs don’t think through the repercussions of their actions.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

…the fuck? What were you on when you wrote this post?

What was a fairer sentence?

[quote]Hyena wrote:

Wow, you’re way off the mark.

The only time someone wouldn’t deserve to get thrown in prison was if the dude getting attacked avoided the punch, hit the attacker back and the attacker died. In other words, self defense.

This fuckhead was planning on hitting the guy for no reason, and had talked about his “one punch kill” beforehand. Seriously, he’s a loose cannon and I’d happily consider giving him a life sentence.

Legally? Well it depends on who your lawyer is, the state or the country it happens in an who seen what.

I read that people stated the kids hands were in his pocket. Looking at the tape it seems that one hand was up an the other was at his side. So I’m not sure who to believe. It seems that there was a problem at the Pub an the kid an his group was asked to leave. The guy that knocked him out followed so maybe they had words inside we will never know.

It’s sad the kid died. Booze an shit talking go hand in hand no one should die over it.

EDIT: Looking at the video on a big screen you can see the guy putting his hands on the kids shoulders. And the kids hands were down at his side. So it was a sucker punch.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

Boys will be boys! Let him off with a slap on the wrist, I say!

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Seriously, he’s a loose cannon [/quote]

I agree - most trained fighters I know don’t go around picking or looking for fights, and if people try to pick fights with them they are usually the ones who just walk away knowing it’s not worth it.

I think that if the 2 men had been having a fist fight (as in both hitting each other) and these events transpired then the man should not have been charged, but for a sucker punch on a defenseless man I think the charge seems fair. I would guess 6 years is probably on the low end of a sentence for manslaughter, which is probably why he plead down from a 2nd degree murder charge (which I think seems excessive from reading the arcticle).

[quote]Hyena wrote:
but he doesn’t deserve 6 years of hard time for it.[/quote]

Don’t worry, its England… there’s no such thing as hard time.