One Plate, Two Plate, Three Plate, Four!

I am officially busting out to start and log here and to say hello to everyone!! :slight_smile:

Been a lurker to this site for a while, but mostly on the ‘other side’ and never felt that I would quite fit there, then I found this side and was pretty pumped at how helpful and encouraging the ladies are to each other!

So anyways…a bit about me~

I am a 31 year old mom to 3 and wife to one :slight_smile:
I am 5’4 and weigh 130
I have been lifting for 3 1/2 years.
I like to work hard and play hard…if I am gonna do something its with great gusto :slight_smile:

I work out at home and dont have any IRL friends that work out and if they do its very differently then I and they tend to think I am gonna spontaneously turn into a man if I keep at it :smiley: so I tend to come to the internet to blab and share…I have been looking for a site that has its fair share of lady lifters too and am happy I found one :slight_smile:

I will post a couple of my last workouts so you can see where I am at…

PUSH~Nov 11th

Jump Squat
5x45#
5x65
5x65
5x65

Front Squat
6x115
6x125
6x125
6x135

Bench
6x100
6x95
6x95
6x95

Push Press
6x100
6x95
6x95
6x95

Woodchops
10x25
10x25
10x25
10x25

Plank
4@45 sec.

Notes:
~ Lost about 15 pounds on both my bench and pushpress (reg press too) due to an arm injury…its coming back tho, wont be long…
~ Squats felt good, slight twinge in left knee, nothing to make me worry.

PULL!~ Nov 12th

Power Cleans~
5x115
5x115
5x115
5x115
(felt a bit sloppy so I didnt increase the weight at all)

Sumo Deads~
6x165
6x175
6x185
6x195
(should have started heavier from the get go…)

BB BOR’s~
6x115
6x115
6x115
6x115

Windshield Wipers
4 sets of 10 reps
(Super-setted the rows and wipers to get things done…)

Pullups
(pullups suffered…they always do if I dont keep them towards the beginning of the workout…oh well, could be worse! )

Planks of some sort should have been done, but I usually dont get too bothered if I miss abs…they get hit enough with the other lifts and workout days.

Note~ feel great!!

PUSH~ Nov 14th

OHS~
5xbar(45)
5x65
5x65
5x65
Decided to start with these because even after my warm up I still felt a bit stiff…these usually stretch me out good and I always can use the practice with them.

Box Squats~
6x185
6x205
6x215(PR)
6x215
Hell YEAH!!

Bench~
6x95
6x105
6x105
6x105
gettin better…

single arm standing shoulder press~
6x30 (ea. arm)
6x30
6x30
6x30
These make me feel like weak sauce lol…

planks
4 sets @ 45 sec.
planks make me feel like I have ADD!!

Shoulder presses and planks were supper-setted.

For the most part felt like a Beast day!! Very happy!

PULL~Today

Hang Power Snatch~
5xbar
5x56
5x75
5x75
These felt pretty solid which is good considering my OHS can be so wobbly, will increase the weight next time for sure.

Pullups~

Good Mornings~
6x75
6x95
6x95
6x95

BOR~
6x120
6x120
6x120
6x120
The faces were ugly!! Very happy with these.

~Didnt bother with the abs stuff, they will get hit at Karate tonight.

Feel free to stop in any time to offer advice, bust my chops, or to offer encouragement! All is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Have a great day!!

Hey, another karate gal! What style do you practice?
Welcome to PW

Your numbers are great and your training looks interesting. Three kids=Zone defense! Hi and welcome.

Laststand~ thanks for the welcome :slight_smile: I practice Go Ju Kai Karate …what about you?

Hi Nadia :slight_smile: Yes kids everywhere some days :slight_smile: Keeps me out of trouble!!

Any woman who uses coyote in her avi name is good in my book. Windshield wipers? You mean floor wipers? If so, I know how hard those are. Impressive super-setting them.

I’ve been training Wado Kai since I was a wee little one. I’m not too familiar with Goju Kai aside from the guest instructor we had in once to teach us a kata. Does your club do full contact?

Nice squats! 135x6 on the FS is no laughing matter, great job!

[quote]print wrote:
Any woman who uses coyote in her avi name is good in my book. Windshield wipers? You mean floor wipers? If so, I know how hard those are. Impressive super-setting them.[/quote]

Hey print :slight_smile: What makes the coyote part good? I googled your floor wipers and no thats not what I was doing but it sure might be next time! Those look awesome!! Wipers are kinda like that but without the BB. My program calls for a rotational exercise and I have been looking for some tougher ones…

[quote]LastStand wrote:
I’ve been training Wado Kai since I was a wee little one. I’m not too familiar with Goju Kai aside from the guest instructor we had in once to teach us a kata. Does your club do full contact?[/quote]

No we dont do full contact…you?..I wonder what the main differences are between our two styles? Do you remember the name of the instructor that came?

[quote]dianab wrote:
Nice squats! 135x6 on the FS is no laughing matter, great job![/quote]

Thanks Dianab!!

[quote]coyotegal wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
Any woman who uses coyote in her avi name is good in my book. Windshield wipers? You mean floor wipers? If so, I know how hard those are. Impressive super-setting them.[/quote]

Hey print :slight_smile: What makes the coyote part good? I googled your floor wipers and no thats not what I was doing but it sure might be next time! Those look awesome!! Wipers are kinda like that but without the BB. My program calls for a rotational exercise and I have been looking for some tougher ones…

[/quote]

Coyotes are cool & they rule the night.

& yeah, the floor wipers are def. ass kickers. Give’em a shot & let me know what you think?

Training solo is part of my life too, I live out in the middle of close to no where & train in my garage. Yea my friends think I will some how turn into a man too, but they will get over it.

[quote]coyotegal wrote:

[quote]LastStand wrote:
I’ve been training Wado Kai since I was a wee little one. I’m not too familiar with Goju Kai aside from the guest instructor we had in once to teach us a kata. Does your club do full contact?[/quote]

No we dont do full contact…you?..I wonder what the main differences are between our two styles? Do you remember the name of the instructor that came?[/quote]

No we’re not full contact either. I can’t remember the name of the instructor. It was a while ago. I think he was either a yodan or godan from Edmonton. All I remember is him wearing a black gi.

Wado emphasizes a lot of redirection and is pretty grounded when it comes to kicks. Our katas aren’t very pretty either - lots of speed and power, but not very ‘flashy’.

Sounds alot like us…none of our kata is flashy but they are solid. One foot stays on the ground for kicks too…all forces redirected…more realistic with what really works as opposed to what looks pretty :slight_smile:

nice numbers Coyote
welcome
N

Gusto is good.
Welcome to the dark side :slight_smile:

thanks Nimain and MissPlucky :slight_smile:

Karate~ tonight we practiced our kicks, did a bit of block work, and worked on our kata. Good class overall. While I was working on my Sanchin kata my Sensei gave me a gut shot, lol, and I wasnt really ready…was all good tho… for this kata you are supposed to be solid as a brick wall the whole time, basically when you get really good at it you should be able to zone out, have your body strong, and be able to take alot…guess he saw through me! Lots of work to do with this kata!!

I must say…people in martial arts NEED TO CUT THEIR TOE NAILS!! lol it should be a rule!! Anyways…/rant

Have a good night all!!

Hai, wecome to PW!
You’re a pretty awesome woman to be wife, mother, take karate and put up such beast numbers in the gym… well you know, home gym.

Nice front squats for your bodyweight. Stronger than me!

this is not a log about a chinese buffet.

sad.

oh but theres lifting!

im eyeballing you, woman.