One Of Those Days...

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
“I’m just following the Irish tradition of songwriting, the Irish way of life, the human way of life. Cram as much pleasure into life, and rail against the pain you have to suffer as a result. Or scream and rant with the pain, and wait for it to be taken away with beautiful pleasure” -

Shane McGowan

Life is a terrible beauty. As hard as it is, every day you’re alive means you’re ahead of the game.

I see you know the motto of the self-loathing narcissists club.

[/quote]

I am a card carrying member of that club.

I think life usually balances itself out and it’s more how you react to the situation than what the situation is, with regards to how bad/good you view life.

For instance…

Situation: My little sister is getting married this year to a great guy with a pretty good family.

My reaction: I’m happy as hell for her, my family, and his family.

VS

Situation: I just found out that my 19 yr old, minimum wage earning, rap sheet having, disgrace to the family, cousin…got his 20 yr old, no HS diploma having, unemployed, family is a jackass, girlfriend…PREGNANT!!!

My reaction: I slapped him so hard accross the face, I knocked him off is feet. What I REALLY wanted to do was shove my fist down his throat and remove is testicles via his mouth.

See…2 different situations, 2 different reactions, but I still feel good because it’s been along time since I got to hit someone.

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:
Situation: I just found out that my 19 yr old, minimum wage earning, rap sheet having, disgrace to the family, cousin…got his 20 yr old, no HS diploma having, unemployed, family is a jackass, girlfriend…PREGNANT!!!

My reaction: I slapped him so hard accross the face, I knocked him off is feet. What I REALLY wanted to do was shove my fist down his throat and remove is testicles via his mouth. [/quote]

Well I guess you really taught him a lesson didn’t you. I’m sure he’ll never have sex again. And now he’ll be afraid of you because you’re such a big man.

slow clap Bravo there on your family spirit. You will obviously be the first he’ll come to when he next has a problem.

[quote]jokerD wrote:
If it helps, I’m on day 6 of the new V-Diet, and looking forward to a good hard workout tonight at the gym. Well that and I planned to have a grilled chicken salad tomorrow night with some friends from the gym.[/quote]

Hehe. Good luck on the diet. Appreciate the comments (everyone).

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
“I’m just following the Irish tradition of songwriting, the Irish way of life, the human way of life. Cram as much pleasure into life, and rail against the pain you have to suffer as a result. Or scream and rant with the pain, and wait for it to be taken away with beautiful pleasure” -

Shane McGowan

Life is a terrible beauty. As hard as it is, every day you’re alive means you’re ahead of the game. [/quote]

I really like that quote. And I totally identify with your Barnes and Noble world history readings. Every day I get to spend there is awesome.

Sicilian

I do think life eventually balances out. Every once in a while you just get one of those days where everything seems to go wrong, and little things become the straws that break the camel’s back.

Thanks for the discussion all.

Life is a series of disappointments and compromise entwined with a handful of truly great moments.

It is these tiny fractions of paradise that keep the majority of us from going mad. The negatives, failures and mistakes only serve to add color to the palate of life.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
carter12 wrote:
Have you by any chance been in a college classroom today?

Why, yes I have…both on the teaching end and on the learning end. How did you know?

Because I get like what you’re describing a lot.

I’ve met some of the stupidest people I will ever meet in my life while in a college classroom.
[/quote]

I would imagine the frequenecy of such an occurence depends largely on the specific college.