T Nation

One More for the Velocity Diet!

Its hard enough to take the shot now that the world is seeing it i’ll have no excuses to “NOT” follow through.
I’ve waited long enough!
Its mine now!!
I’ll have weekly post with pictures.

Welp, get busy then…Let us know how you progress…I am rooting for you.

Always Appreciated
There will be weekly post with pictures.
Post can lie!
But pictures wont!!

This is day 4. I woke up late for work(which I never do)but feel pretty good. The jeans are getting loose and I’m not craving as much to eat outside the regiment.
I have been over heating so I’ll drink water and that helps to cool me off.
So far so good.

I look forward to sharing pictures with you this Saturday!

Hi,

Good for you! I started the V-diet on the same day as you. I’ll be looking for your pics. Why are you overheating?

Ive done a strict calorie diet before and I got the same results were I get a rush of heat through my body. Sometimes I feel like a furnace and no its not from the HOT-ROX. I cant take them, I get a bad reaction.

I want to say its my metabolism kicking in but Im just not sure. I know when it happens I drop weight like crazy so I guess it is my metabolism.

Hey!! Good Luck on your goals.

Here’s to reaching the finish line
Februrary 8th!!!

[quote]br1an wrote:
Ive done a strict calorie diet before and I got the same results were I get a rush of heat through my body. Sometimes I feel like a furnace and no its not from the HOT-ROX. I cant take them, I get a bad reaction.

I want to say its my metabolism kicking in but Im just not sure. I know when it happens I drop weight like crazy so I guess it is my metabolism.

Hey!! Good Luck on your goals.

Here’s to reaching the finish line
Februrary 8th!!![/quote]

Gosh I hadn’t even thought of the date, I’ve just thought in terms of this is week one, next week is two, and so on, heh.

8 February, eh? That seems so close! Cool.

What a trip to get heat like that–do you get inflammation at the same time, like inflammatory issues, ie, reflux or joint pain or skin rashes? Anything like that act up when you get all hot?

I’m always kinda cool temp. i don’t sweat mush at all.

Sounds like you have an inconsistent thyroid or something. I have a friend who, whenever he eats A LOT of fat, will begin to burn really hot for the next day. It will start immediately after an extra large and fatty meal. That’d be cool to auto-regulate.

How are you feeling? What kind of workouts and walks do you do?
Are you following Chad Waterbury’s program?

Do you take anything in lieu of HRX? I don’t think I could do it without HRX. srsly.

I believe the “heat” may be occurring once your body starts to switch to fat as its primary source of heat. I know that a long time ago when I tried the anabolic diet for a few weeks, which is very high in fat and amost no carbs, I had that reaction. I was not taking HRX at the time.

Good luck on the Velocity Diet. Just keep your head up looking forward to the weekend, and take it one day at a time. Make sure to only weigh/measure once a week as described in the article.

Wakiki

HOT-ROX is a product you can tell that its going to kick your metabolism in over drive. Ive taken other supplements and never had such an intense reaction. I was constantly burning up, too
much for my body. I think I should try Caffeine-Free Spike and see what happen or split the HOT-ROX dosage in 1/2.

Downwardog,
Its interesting that you mentioned the thyroid both my sister and mother have to take medication to regulate their thyroid.
You are a pretty good detective,
Gonna have to call you Dr. Watson.

This is my 5th day and I feel good!!
Strange thing is I couldnt sleep much last night. I got maybe 5 hours which is fine but usually if that happened off my old diet I would of had a lousy day.

The way I feel now its as if I had 8 hours of sleep and plenty of energy for the day.

I havent got the heat flashes since last Monday. Right now I am coasting and loving the fact everytime I wake up I feel a little bit slimmer.

Thanks both you guys(Wakiki and Downwordog) for the feed back. The more information I give you guys the better the support. I’ll make it an effort on the next message to give details of weight, size and workout regiment.

Wakiki,
How is the after V-Diet working for you and are you still loosing?
Like the Kit by the way

Here’s to making Success Contagious!!!

Br1an,

I didnt think I would be posting almost daily, but with the
mood swings which are nothing major do creep up and remind me… oh Yea!!! I forgot… its the emotional ride that can derail your diet.

I’m at the Gym and working out pretty hard. I must of put in 2 hours and kept the energy level high.
I walked away happy.

The weird thing is that I was getting shy, (feeling out of place) and barely talked to anyone. I felt self-conscious.
I knew even before I started the V-Diet that I would experience these changes. It only inevitable at least for me.
Its happened before with dieting. Feeling awkward and vulrenable, Give me a Beer!!! Ahhh!!! liquid courage!!! NO I didnt drink and no I dont go to the Gym with a buzz. That actually sounds kinda disgusting.

But it does present the issue of self-medicating through food and drink. That my vulrenabilities are exposed for all to see and would usually eat and drink to change how I feel, numb me out.

Again its nothing major but its these changes that I must go through if I am ever going to reach this goal.

[quote]br1an wrote:
mood swings which are nothing major do creep up and remind me… oh Yea!!! I forgot… its the emotional ride that can derail your diet.[/quote]

I know this makes me a weakling but I honestly think I couldn’t pull it off without being familiar with HRX. Do you take your pulse in the morning like on the Physique Clinic? I wonder what your pulse is?

TWO HOURS??? Holy crap that’s a long time at the gym on a severe calorie deficit. No wonder you started feeling bad. What kind of w/o are you doing? Did you/will you post it?

[quote]The weird thing is that I was getting shy, (feeling out of place) and barely talked to anyone. I felt self-conscious.
I knew even before I started the V-Diet that I would experience these changes. It only inevitable at least for me.
Its happened before with dieting. Feeling awkward and vulrenable, Give me a Beer!!! …

But it does present the issue of self-medicating through food and drink. That my vulrenabilities are exposed for all to see and would usually eat and drink to change how I feel, numb me out.[/quote]

Oh man, you’re struggling, huh? Cool that you’re seeing the pattern and able to type and post about it. Starting a thread was the hugest hurdle for me. I felt like what you described above at the gym, except I didn’t want a beer, hee, only because it hadn’t occurred to me.

Yeah, this is a big deal. I mean, look what obstacles you’re facing, they’re huge and they’re…yourself in the end. It’s one of the greatest universal themes. Think of the gains you’ll make in shedding away what you don’t want about yourself and keeping what is good and right. wow. Has to be done sooner or later or you’re lost anyway.

Can you splurge on a trainer for a month? Gym time should be Pavlov-dog-saliva-time!

As far as feeling vulnerable, you don’t want to get armored and insensitive, but who cares what other people think?

Dude, I walk out of the ladies bathroom without washing my hands first sometimes just to get people whispering. Was an exercise I read about somewhere, that the majority of women wouldn’t really wash their hands in a public restroom after peeing unless there were other women present, and if you were one of those women, why do you care so much what other people think? I’ve been practicing shoddy public hygiene ever since.

I can’t believe I just wrote ^^ that but I’m trying to make you laugh.

good night.

looking forward to the updates.

[quote]downwardog wrote:
br1an wrote:
mood swings which are nothing major do creep up and remind me… oh Yea!!! I forgot… its the emotional ride that can derail your diet.

I know this makes me a weakling but I honestly think I couldn’t pull it off without being familiar with HRX. Do you take your pulse in the morning like on the Physique Clinic? I wonder what your pulse is?

I’m at the Gym and working out pretty hard. I must of put in 2 hours and kept the energy level high.

TWO HOURS??? Holy crap that’s a long time at the gym on a severe calorie deficit. No wonder you started feeling bad. What kind of w/o are you doing? Did you/will you post it?

The weird thing is that I was getting shy, (feeling out of place) and barely talked to anyone. I felt self-conscious.
Its happened before with dieting. Feeling awkward and vulrenable, Give me a Beer!!! …

But it does present the issue of self-medicating through food and drink. That my vulrenabilities are exposed for all to see and would usually eat and drink to change how I feel, numb me out.

Oh man, you’re struggling, huh? Cool that you’re seeing the pattern and able to type and post about it. Starting a thread was the hugest hurdle for me. I felt like what you described above at the gym, except I didn’t want a beer, hee, only because it hadn’t occurred to me.

Again its nothing major but its these changes that I must go through if I am ever going to reach this goal.

Yeah, this is a big deal. I mean, look what obstacles you’re facing, they’re huge and they’re…yourself in the end. It’s one of the greatest universal themes. Think of the gains you’ll make in shedding away what you don’t want about yourself and keeping what is good and right. wow. Has to be done sooner or later or you’re lost anyway.

Can you splurge on a trainer for a month? Gym time should be Pavlov-dog-saliva-time!

As far as feeling vulnerable, you don’t want to get armored and insensitive, but who cares what other people think?

Dude, I walk out of the ladies bathroom without washing my hands first sometimes just to get people whispering. Was an exercise I read about somewhere, that the majority of women wouldn’t really wash their hands in a public restroom after peeing unless there were other women present, and if you were one of those women, why do you care so much what other people think? I’ve been practicing shoddy public hygiene ever since.

I can’t believe I just wrote ^^ that but I’m trying to make you laugh.

good night.

looking forward to the updates.

[/quote]
The name of thyroid problem is a Japenese word I cant remember. I’ll have to ask my sister. I’ll post it when I find out.

The 2 hour workouts are not what I usually do it just depends on my energy level. On that day I was feeling pretty good, so I went for it.
I’m not following anything strict. I do like the no curl bicep program. Thats a workout you can find at T-Nation.

When I do the no curl program in addition I’ll jump on the bench,curl,triceps and pull ups. I cant get enough of pull ups!!!
I wing most what I do but push to break a sweat when I workout.
I have been kinda doing my own thing other than the program,
That will change soon enough.

The mood swings on any diet will present themselves.
I am suspecting its blood sugar levels.
After an hour of hitting the weights, I start to feel
better. Got to keep Surge with me when I workout!!

Yes its Universal!!
Discovering,
Revealing more of who you are to yourself!!
The ego takes a hit when you see those vulrenabilities
which is good.
Now its not to label them as failures, but rather opportunities, change the hard wiring if you will!!

Hey!! why would you be a weakling for taking the HOT-ROX?
Its part of the program!!

Keep putting yourself out there!
Keep Posting!!

(love the bathroom story:)))

Tomorrow is Pictures!!!and changing my Avatar!!
Each week my avatar will be whatever my shape is at that time.
(Gulp!!)

Hashimoto’s thyroiditis? You definitely want to get that checked out cuz it’s an auto-immune problem.

I mean, if the only thing that aggravates your thyroid happens to be HRX then it’s easily remedied, but you might want to get a test done or at least record your own daily pulse & temp for a while.

I’ve never followed a formal diet before ar at least not in a long, long time. I did about ten days of diet prep this go-round so I was pretty well prepped as far as quantity and timing.

I had one melt down the other day, lasted about 3 mins. and I snapped out of it. I already knew I was very tired. I’ve learned (cough the hard way cough)
to recognize when I’m over-fatigued and get myself down for a preemptive nap. like a little kid, sometimes. Otherwise, it’s just trouble on the horizon.

PICTURES!!! can’t wait to see 'em!

Gee, I’ve got to get weighed, measured and photographed, then off to the park playground by 7am…

…where I’m meeting MY BOSS to give her her first strong-girl workout.

Strong-grrl Saturday!

[quote]br1an wrote:
Wakiki,
How is the after V-Diet working for you and are you still loosing?
Like the Kit by the way

Here’s to making Success Contagious!!!

Br1an,
[/quote]

Well, today is day 27 - tomorrow is the last day - so I’ll update with progress etc…

The kit is a Mapex Pro-M maple, I love it! Do you play too?

Another thing - if you have problems with the HOT-ROX, the next best thing might be a different product which Berardi uses on an on/off cycle with HOT-ROX in his “Get Shredded Diet” which is called Abs+, made by Genuine Health.

These boards are very helpful in keeping the momentum going, it truly is like a community.

Here’s to all of us, kicking ass… even if it is our own ass, sometimes!

Wakiki

Amazing what food can do to set your mood.
I just finished eating the “1” meal per week
on the V-Diet and my energy is up.

I feel calmer,
I’m starting to not crave sweets.
Moving in the right direction!
This whole day I was feeling my energy level
flat. Maybe from the lack of carbs?
I should check out the Caffeine-Free Spike for times
like these.

The meal was just protien and a salad, no carbs
yet still got the lift.
More emotional I guess, looking for a mood shift that
I havent got in a week from mindless eating.

I’ve started to drink green tea mainly to get
the protein shakes taste out of my mouth.
The shakes are fine just trying to live off of them
is a challange, but that would happen with any one food.

I think when I take the pictures this Saturday I’ll try to recap what things I know I can improve upon if I want the best results possible.

Here’s to a 2nd week of success

Nice Biceps on Figure Competitor
Lisa Bickels!

Way to go!
Milestone #1 reached… best of luck, and stay positive!

Wakiki

These are the one week photos and I’m liking the results.
Pictures are encouraging I didn’t think that much had changed until
I put the pictures next to each other.
Now of course!!! I wish I had weighed myself and took measurements.
I’ll get that done today and post the info.

Making me more accountable.
Watch me drop numbers and gain size.
Or reinstall that spare.

[quote]br1an wrote:

Or reinstall that spare.

[/quote]

Love handles and waist size look like it went down, definite improvement and great progress. You can see the top abs getting more defined too! Get your weight and measurements for sure and really watch how it changes every week. It gives you more juice to push harder every week. Especially the measurements, the tape doesn’t lie!

You can change so much on the V-Diet and you have a great start so far. Push hard and stay strong Brian. Now, we are watching you buddy!

[quote]gustavopacho wrote:
br1an wrote:

Or reinstall that spare.

Love handles and waist size look like it went down, definite improvement and great progress. You can see the top abs getting more defined too! Get your weight and measurements for sure and really watch how it changes every week. It gives you more juice to push harder every week. Especially the measurements, the tape doesn’t lie!

You can change so much on the V-Diet and you have a great start so far. Push hard and stay strong Brian. Now, we are watching you buddy!
[/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement. You need it on this diet.
Hell… with anything really!!
I like how the communities support in sharing and pushing anyone that
is willing to put themselves out there to go for it.
It makes all the difference.

I be watching you as well and give support

You’re right, the tape doesn’t lie. I’ll get that info up asap!