One Mile Run Times?

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
TriGWU wrote:

Yeah. Training for really long distances is vastly different than training to run an optimal mile. How’s your triathlon training going?

So far soooooo good. I have a small sprint distance this Saturday in Rhode Island. Then an international distance Sept 25th in Delaware. That will close out the season for me. Unfortunately, I won’t have an off-season this year.

Going for Ironman means a solid year of training and I’d love to grab a spot in Kona, so that means a grueling year.

I’ve started working with Eric Cressey to fine-tune the prehab/strength/conditioning aspect of my training. He will be working hand-in-hand with my endurance coach so I am sure I will hit Placid in peak shape. It is definitely easier on the mind to be able to trust your coaches to do most of the thinking for you… its the sign of a great set up. They hand me the training programs and I go out and do 'em.

As things get closer and closer you’ll hear more and more of it. [/quote]

Nice. Keep up posted. T-Nation is awesome, but I do sometimes miss endurance training and hearing about it too.

My best time was a 7:35.
Stats: 6’4 265lbs approx. 15%BF
I run about three times a week, cycle about 3 times a week, swim 3 times a week and use Chad Waterbury’s total body training program three times a week. But eat too much, what a dumbass! Just a little discipline with the diet and I could have a pretty good physique.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
TriGWU wrote:

Yeah. Training for really long distances is vastly different than training to run an optimal mile. How’s your triathlon training going?

So far soooooo good. I have a small sprint distance this Saturday in Rhode Island. Then an international distance Sept 25th in Delaware. That will close out the season for me. Unfortunately, I won’t have an off-season this year.

Going for Ironman means a solid year of training and I’d love to grab a spot in Kona, so that means a grueling year.

I’ve started working with Eric Cressey to fine-tune the prehab/strength/conditioning aspect of my training. He will be working hand-in-hand with my endurance coach so I am sure I will hit Placid in peak shape. It is definitely easier on the mind to be able to trust your coaches to do most of the thinking for you… its the sign of a great set up. They hand me the training programs and I go out and do 'em.

As things get closer and closer you’ll hear more and more of it. [/quote]

Tri, keep us posted on your progress and eventual competition. Ever since reading about the IronMan competitions years ago, I have had an immense amount of respect for them and the grueling nature of that race. Some tough mutha’s!