One Marine Takes on Cops with His Words

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:
^^^ I didn’t mean to imply that he’s not entitled to an opinion. Perhaps I should have written that he can go fuck himself instead.[/quote]

That would have been better, but not by much.

It is impossible to have a civil discord when we are telling each other to ‘shut the fuck up’ or ‘go fuck yourself’.

I know that the internet is not the place for civility, but we can at least make an attempt.[/quote]

Yes ma’am, sorry ma’am.

So, do you have an opinion on the topic or are you just here to police the internet?[/quote]

Ha. Just here policing. :slight_smile:

You see, I enjoy reading differing opinions.

My opinion is that the guy in the video went a bit overboard, but he was reacting to the situation around him and is passionate in his views. This is really no different than those who post in the PWI forum.

I am also sick of people who complain about Manhattan liberals (don’t know if you are one), and then invoke the memories of 911 as if they were there.

Mostly though, I am sick and tired of each side telling the other to ‘shut the fuck up’.

This post was in Get a Life, not the PWI forum.

The PWI forum is simply a big circle jerk.

“Captain America” is an attention whore.

If there were no cameras or more witnesses, I bet he would’t have spoken like that.

I don’t know exactly what violence they did here, but they looked guilty and ashamed on their faces.

I don’t think its because of anything they did, but more about what they were getting ready to do… I don’t really know though.

But you guys really haven’t noticed what’s been happening to our freedom of assembly over the past decade or so? Why do they gear up for war every time there is a peaceful protest?

[quote]squating_bear wrote:
Why do they gear up for war every time there is a peaceful protest?[/quote]

I think Greece has taught one thing or two…

I don’t know exactly what violence they did here, but they looked guilty and ashamed on their faces.

I don’t think its because of anything they did, but more about what they were getting ready to do… I don’t really know though.

But you guys really haven’t noticed what’s been happening to our freedom of assembly over the past decade or so? Why do they gear up for war every time there is a peaceful protest?[/quote]

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not. Guilty and ashamed about what they were getting ready to do?

You prepare for the worst. It has nothing to do with freedom of assembly. They have an obligation to protect the public and their property. Maybe their crystal ball was broken that day and they weren’t sure how the protest was going to turn out.

[quote]KAS wrote:

But you guys really haven’t noticed what’s been happening to our freedom of assembly over the past decade or so? Why do they gear up for war every time there is a peaceful protest?[/quote]

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not. Guilty and ashamed about what they were getting ready to do?

You prepare for the worst. It has nothing to do with freedom of assembly. They have an obligation to protect the public and their property. Maybe their crystal ball was broken that day and they weren’t sure how the protest was going to turn out.[/quote]

So you haven’t noticed.

And yes I was serious. At one point in the video the police presence was greater than the protesters. Why?

Guilty was the wrong word. Ashamed wasn’t. I could see it on there faces. And of course not all of them, most of them acted like they couldn’t see or hear him

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]

…And you would be wrong. I’m talking about the past decade here. I don’t think you have noticed

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]

…And you would be wrong. I’m talking about the past decade here. I don’t think you have noticed[/quote]

No, I haven’t noticed. I don’t live there.

Unnecessary soapbox stand. I turned it off after a minute or so. For protests/assemblies that large, there will typically be a police presence. Nobody complains about their presence during New Years, or the Macy’s Turkey Day Parade. Buy a clue. He just wanted to be noticed…nothing more, nothing less.

I bet he had the same thing screamed at him more than once while he was deployed.

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
I bet he had the same thing screamed at him more than once while he was deployed. [/quote]

My sarcasm detector is a lil hinky at the moment, so I’m going to say that he most likely did…in the form of things that go either rat-tat-tat or boom.

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
When I clicked on this article I expected to see one marine take on thirty police officers. All I saw was one asshole yell at a bunch of cops standing around.

I feel missled.[/quote]

I put a more accurate title in the thread title because I thought a fight was going to happen as well (it’s not my video).

I don’t know about in the US but here in Canada sit gets craziest after sports games (see Vancouver and Montreal hockey teams). And then like 100 people get arrested. But then you had the G20 summit where almost none of the violent retards got arrested but over 900 peaceful protesters get arrested.

As much as I enjoy the videos of retards getting slammed into the ground for property damage, I hate it when there’s these dumbfuck LEO who zone in on the old lady crossing the street in a protest zone. Like wtf. And yes, this has happened.

Now, someone even said that in their own city this guy would have been arrested (and worse). Why? What did he do wrong? Nothing. Whether you agree with him or not.

I can’t remember what the video is called anymore, but it’s essentially this guy talking over a loudspeaker saying random stuff and these rent-a-cops show up and try and tell him he doesn’t have the right to be there and he has to move. The whole point was he was trying to attract their attention to point out over the loudspeaker that he doesn’t have to move etc etc, some real cops show up, he tells them the same thing. There’s one guy (and his cameraman too I guess) and literally 5 cops or rent-a-cops near him at all times. He didn’t get arrested either.

But in my earlier example, 900 peacefull protesters got arrested. No displays of violence or intent. Thought police anyone? Like I said, I enjoy seeing punks get slammed down as much as the next person, but I hate it when people are arrested (often with great use of force) because they happen to be standing beside the guy who is being less than peaceful.

So yes. I do enjoy it when people can speak their mind freely and not get arrested. Soap box or not.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]
Rebellions have been monitored and put down all through history, protests too. Read an American history book.

[quote]overstand wrote:
Self righteous asshole imo. As I understand it, the theme of this protest is anti-corporate power. Their motto is “We are the 99%”.

Last time I checked, cops aren’t raking in millions every year in salary. They’re wearing riot gear because people in groups do stupid things. The rioters in England a few months back didn’t have guns either, but that didn’t stop them from totally fucking shit up. Guys are just following orders they had no part in giving.

Plus, does he realize who he’s preaching to? A bunch of fucking NYC cops. Some of them probably rushed into the WTC on 9/11. Most of them probably know a fellow cop who was killed.

Everybody is going to praise this guy like he said something great just because he’s a Marine and he served in Iraq. All gratitude to him for that, but otherwise he can shut the fuck up. [/quote]
X2. And how are those smelly hippies entitled to others money just for existing anyways?

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]
Rebellions have been monitored and put down all through history, protests too. Read an American history book.[/quote]

I was making fun of the term “peaceful protest” and how Greeks see it.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]
Rebellions have been monitored and put down all through history, protests too. Read an American history book.[/quote]

I was making fun of the term “peaceful protest” and how Greeks see it. [/quote]
What the fuck is a “Greek”? Just kidding I’ve been there. Beautiful place, cranky people.

But seriously, sometimes force is needed to manage groups. While it may look like violence, and is, it can’t be denied that force is a deterrent. Sometimes you have to beat an inciteful motherfucker to keep a group of thousands from going ape shit and revisiting the LA Riots.

All it takes is a spark, a little bit of flashmob group think and boom. Out of control. But not if you stomp the sparks out.

Greater good.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Hugh Jassman wrote:
Awesome, that guy really told those cops, all standing around looking tough, not hurting anyone…[/quote]

Was that ironic?

Because he did tell them.

Personally, I welcome everything and everyone that makes the servants of the Man question their point of view.[/quote]

What makes you think some guy who is clearly out of his fucking mind and making false accusations would make them “question their point of view?”[/quote]

Because no matter what you do you are a hero if you have ever in your life worn a state issued costume.

I am pretty sure that this is how it works.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

Awesome, that guy really told those cops, all standing around looking tough, not hurting anyone…[/quote]

Was that ironic?

Personally, I welcome everything and everyone that makes the servants of the Man question their point of view.[/quote]

What makes you think some guy who is clearly out of his fucking mind and making false accusations would make them “question their point of view?”[/quote]

Because no matter what you do you are a hero if you have ever in your life worn a state issued costume.

[/quote]

Government issued costume makes you a demigod. Trust me. I know this.

[quote]Rodimus Black wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

Was that ironic?

[/quote]

Government issued costume makes you a demigod. Trust me. I know this.[/quote]

Its a shame that you do not get to wear tights.

Plus, would it kill them to add a little more color?

If video cameras existed in the 18th century, and that vid was of John Adams spouting off after the Boston Massacre, you’d all be calling him a hero.