T Nation

One Lucky Guy!

"His conduct on operations in Afghanistan has been exemplary. He has been fully involved in operations and has run the same risks as everyone else in his Battlegroup.

"In common with all of his generation in the army today, he is a credit to the nation.

“In deciding to deploy him to Afghanistan, it was my judgment that with an understanding with the media not to broadcast his whereabouts, the risk in doing was manageable.”

Dannatt added that he and senior commanders will now be reviewing Harry’s deployment.

Last year, the military ruled Harry could not be sent to Iraq because publicity about the deployment could put him and his unit at risk."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/28/prince.afghanistan/index.html

Wait… why is he lucky?

He’s a great guy for doing this. I’m just confused on the luck part.

PS <_< HH, can I call you Uncle?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"His conduct on operations in Afghanistan has been exemplary. He has been fully involved in operations and has run the same risks as everyone else in his Battlegroup.

"In common with all of his generation in the army today, he is a credit to the nation.

“In deciding to deploy him to Afghanistan, it was my judgment that with an understanding with the media not to broadcast his whereabouts, the risk in doing was manageable.”

Dannatt added that he and senior commanders will now be reviewing Harry’s deployment.

Last year, the military ruled Harry could not be sent to Iraq because publicity about the deployment could put him and his unit at risk."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/28/prince.afghanistan/index.html
[/quote]

When I saw this thread, I thought you talking about this guy - Sergeant Plans to Return to Iraq for a 3rd Tour - after winning lotto…

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/WaterCooler/story?id=4358724

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Wait… why is he lucky?

PS <_< HH, can I call you Uncle?[/quote]

Of course, nephew!

He is lucky because he has the courage and integrity to stand with his fellow Britons. Instead of sitting back and letting others fight, he heads straight into battle. He obviously inherited some balls from an ancestor.

He’s the kind of man who I would gladly follow into battle. He’d make a damn good king.

“From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember’d;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother…”
— Henry V (Shakespeare)

Too bad the media ruined it for him.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/29/prince.afghanistan/index.html

[quote]tedro wrote:
Too bad the media ruined it for him.[/quote]

Could it be any other way? This is the whole reason I laughed when it was originally announced. It must be hard having a princes pride.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Wait… why is he lucky?

PS <_< HH, can I call you Uncle?

Of course, nephew!

He is lucky because he has the courage and integrity to stand with his fellow Britons. Instead of sitting back and letting others fight, he heads straight into battle. He obviously inherited some balls from an ancestor.

He’s the kind of man who I would gladly follow into battle. He’d make a damn good king.

“From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember’d;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother…”
— Henry V (Shakespeare)

[/quote]

Thats not luck, Uncle. That’s straight up testicular fortitude!

(That’s one of my favorite Shakespeare lines of all time, by the way.)

I don’t know if he is lucky, but he has been doing the right things. And that is a credit to him.

[quote]pat wrote:
I don’t know if he is lucky, but he has been doing the right things. And that is a credit to him. [/quote]

When Bush’s term ends, he ought to go over there and fight.

Some of the senators and congressmen ought to be put on the plane for Bagdad too.

[quote]Standndeliver wrote:
pat wrote:
I don’t know if he is lucky, but he has been doing the right things. And that is a credit to him.

Some of the senators and congressmen ought to be put on the plane for Bagdad too. [/quote]

Add in Pat, HH and the others…

I feel kind of sorry for the young man. He obviously wants to do something good with his life, but since his family is what it is, he probably won’t be able to. You’d think they would have anticipated the problems of publicity, and the royal family would have claimed he was studying abroad while he served in the military under a false name. As it stands now him serving a full tour anywhere looks pretty much impossible.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Standndeliver wrote:
pat wrote:

Some of the senators and congressmen ought to be put on the plane for Bagdad too.

Add in Pat, HH and the others…[/quote]

Can we take Hillary, since she voted for the war too? I hear she does anal. ;D

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:
Standndeliver wrote:
pat wrote:

[/quote]

Yep,she’ll happily fuck anyone in the ass to get what she wants…

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:
Standndeliver wrote:
pat wrote:

Yep,she’ll happily fuck anyone in the ass to get what she wants…
[/quote]

Got pics?