T Nation

One Long Or Four Short ESW

Hello!

I?m on the Velocity Diet and have a question regarding the ESW.

Are there any benifts in doing one 80-90 minute ESW (walking, in my case) that you wouldn?t get from doing four 20 minute ESW per day? Or are the benifits from these two ESW the same?

At the moment I?m doing one 80-90 minute walk every day, but doing four 20 minute walks instead would fit my schedule better.

Thanks!

[quote]jma78 wrote:
Hello!

I?m on the Velocity Diet and have a question regarding the ESW.

Are there any benifts in doing one 80-90 minute ESW (walking, in my case) that you wouldn?t get from doing four 20 minute ESW per day? Or are the benifits from these two ESW the same?

At the moment I?m doing one 80-90 minute walk every day, but doing four 20 minute walks instead would fit my schedule better.

Thanks![/quote]

Without knowing the specifics of the plan you’re on…
In most cases splitting your aerobic ex. is even better than performing all at once. Especially walking, you get the metabolism firing more often through the day. You don’t get alot of carry over k burn, so it is better to keep it humming all day by spreading out your walks. Hope this helps

Isn’t it that longer duration low intensity cardio better, because as time progresses with low intensity cardio, your body switches from burning glycogen to burning fat?

How much glycogen do you think this guy has stored while on this low-carb diet? He’s basically living off protein shakes&flax seeds for a month. When you drop your carbs less than a 100g/day for any appreciable amount of time, especially coupled w/ workouts&“ESW”, you’re not gonna have much glycogen to burn.