One Hundred People Versus a Bear?

I’ve been a good distance (maybe 25 yds.) from a mama with cubs, but they were heading their way and I was going mine. No alarms for me there, but I’ve been on my toes lately walking through the woods with a big bag of food that we both like.

The paw prints on this thing and some of the damage it has done to a few trees is pretty impressive. It smashed through the trunk of a hollowed fallen oak that was a few inches thick to get what was inside.

2 Likes

You need a couple people with absurdly long hair so you can rip it out and braid ropes. Then you can make a net and tie the bear down. Then the bear can be dog piled crushed and smothered

Or you could have 50 massive blubbery 800 pound people who sit in a circle and form a defensive wall. Then you’ll have 40 navy seals and 10 self sacrificing people. The navy seals can harvest the self sacrificing people for their bones and form weapons. When the bear is bloated and slow from eating the fatties the navy seals will launch an attack.

Don’t come down here trying this shit. 13A-12-5, Code of Alabama, 1975, Unlawful bear exploitation is a Class B Felony.

So in the unlikely even of a human victory you get arrested? Another sign that the system is rigged against the little guy.

1 Like

Just really wanted to bump this thread as there is a pretty decent influx of new posters who could continue the legend of a 12 year old T-nation folklore thread.
Im very much on the 100 human side AS LONG as we could choose those people

3 Likes

I think the bear would win. 70% bear 30% people. One swipe of its arm and it can send a shit tonne of people flying.

1 Like

Again, it depends
I mean, if you had thor bjornsson eddie hall brian shaw benni magnusson brock lesnar cain velasquez (you get my point, large humans, strong humans, angry humans etc) all focused on having to take down a bear to survive, the odds in my opinion would be stacked further against a single bear
Completely overlooking the teeth and hands of the bear but a man can have faith in human kind AMIRITE?!

2 Likes

What about 100 bigjez’s?

1 Like

Working together the people.
It’s simple - it would take the bear at least 200 seconds to kill everyone. In that time “all” you’d need to do is get at its eyes.

The only thing would be no onewould be first in line for the required mad rush. The first 10-15 people are bear food. So rather than fight 100 guys at once it would turn into 100 fights against one guy at a time.

1 Like

Depends how hungry or angry i am😂
Whilst not a trained killer, 100 7ft 130kg humans in general would be hard to stop

Exactly. So inevitably in this situation of 100 people vs a bear, the bear would win.

But the bear would probably be hungry too, especially for some big delicious 130kg bigjez’s :wink:

People would rather die alone and for nothing that fight for each other.

Man that’s depressed me.
Thanks for the bump!

:wink:

1 Like

No one wants to get killed by a bear i think.:wink:

@anon96032531 originally bumped the thread. But you’re welcome anyways.

As long as you protect your head and neck, a bear probably can’t kill you in one bite or claw swipe. It’s a bit of a process.

I think this thread is greatly overestimating the ability of a bear to dispatch the first guy quick enough to be ready for the second through tenth guys, who should be right next to the first.

I think you’re assuming all the guys are in a single file line - the crowd of people would most likely discombobulate the bear and it’d have some trouble focusing on a target especially if surrounded.

But, I see the bear walking out of that fight as well :wink:

As far as not a single file line, that’s basically my point. The bear can’t sit there and eat one guy to death because they other guys are attacking it.

Who walks away I guess is the point of the speculation in this thread.

I’d give the bear some PCP and put everybody in police uniforms, then use a drone to video the carnage of bodies getting exploded by a Kodiak on PCP.

It would look like someone TP’d a forest with bones and viscera.

1 Like

It seems to me that 20 of the 100 guys might be best put to work whittling long-handled spears while 80 others harass the bear from positions of relative safety in hopes of wearing it down. When the spears are ready and the bear tired, circle with rocks and spears.

I mean, you’re people, right? Use those opposable thumbs and capacity for strategic thought!

Which brings me to the question of whether 100 people of mixed aptitude might be better able to survive than 100 men of similar accomplishment and mindset. So some women, who have proven differences in their cognitive function*, some nerds, some innovative/engineer types, and some hyper-masculine strong men. I think the MAJORITY would ideally be the hyper-masculine big guys, but some diversification might be good.

*“Women excel in several measures of verbal ability — pretty much all of them, except for verbal analogies. Women’s reading comprehension and writing ability consistently exceed that of men, on average. They out­perform men in tests of fine-motor coordination and perceptual speed. They’re more adept at retrieving information from long-term memory.” (Nirao Shah decided in 1998) Would this be helpful against a bear? Who knows. But some 3-4 on the team brainstorming solutions surely couldn’t hurt.

1 Like