One Hundred People Versus a Bear?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
I would up the stakes and have the Grizzy bear be a female with a den of her cubs. That’s would up the ante. [/quote]
beat her to death with her own cubs[/quote]

He said cubs, not CLUBS.

I dont think you need 100 to do this. 5 would be enough.

Have 3 people fill their shirts with sand/gravel from the ground and throw it at the bears face, then the other two jump from behind and beat the bears frontal lobe and ear area so it loses balance / faints.

thats it.

[quote]NikH wrote:
I dont think you need 100 to do this. 5 would be enough.

Have 3 people fill their shirts with sand/gravel from the ground and throw it at the bears face, then the other two jump from behind and beat the bears frontal lobe and ear area so it loses balance / faints.

thats it.[/quote]

You want to beat a bear unconscious.

With your hands.

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
I would up the stakes and have the Grizzy bear be a female with a den of her cubs. That’s would up the ante. [/quote]

He said cubs, not CLUBS. [/quote]

Damn brah, you pretty fucking dumb. He said “her own cubs”. Not only did he write cubs and not clubs, but he also mentioned HER cubs, showing that he knew full well what Brett620 meant.

Reading comprehension >>>>>>>> you.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

Damn brah, you pretty fucking dumb. He said “her own cubs”. Not only did he write cubs and not clubs, but he also mentioned HER cubs, showing that he knew full well what Brett620 meant.

Reading comprehension >>>>>>>> you.[/quote]

You don’t think he knew that?

No.

lol

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

I was using a pun due to cubs and clubs sounding alike.

Sense of humor >>>>>>>> you

Don’t know if impressed or disappointed that this thread is still alive.

My money is now on the one-hundred people.

The bear likely does not have enough liver and muscle glycogen to chase down and kill one hundred people in an area the size of a football field.

Once exhausted, the remaining survivors could stab it to death with broken humeri, tibii, and femurs.

– ElbowStrike

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Don’t know if impressed or disappointed that this thread is still alive.

My money is now on the one-hundred people.

The bear likely does not have enough liver and muscle glycogen to chase down and kill one hundred people in an area the size of a football field.

Once exhausted, the remaining survivors could stab it to death with broken humeri, tibii, and femurs.

– ElbowStrike[/quote]

What makes you think the bear is in any hurry? No one is going anywhere. He has all the time in the world, especially with a nice, steady supply of food at hand.

I think you guys all overstate the power that human intelligence can have in this scenario. Like I stated earlier, 100 people who are somehow stuck in a fight to the death with a fucking grizzly bear can’t be all that sharp. I doubt they’re going to pool their collective wits together and figure out how to defeat something like a bear.

And if they ever DO figure something out, it won’t come to them right away. So by the time they get whatever bright idea into their head that a bunch of morons are capable of coming up with, half of them are probably already going to be digested and sitting in the corner in the form of a pile of shit. In fact, imagine what sort of impact THAT would have on the collective psyche of a bunch of degenerates like these hypothetical people. Imagine how they’d feel when they look at this big fucking bear taking a huge shit, knowing that all of that shit used to be people.

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

Sense of humor >>>>>>>> you[/quote]

I don’t think you know what a pun is. Cause you definitely did not use a pun.
Given your track record, it would probably have been unBEARable anyway.

HUR HUR THAT’S A PUN beats Loolu with a cub.

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

HUR HUR THAT’S A PUN beats Loolu with a cub.[/quote]

You’re pretty harsh for a Canadian. I thought it was in the Canadian handbook not to be rude, or is that only in the civilized parts? Excluding Quebec of course.

I just have to say the first several pages of this thread had me laughing hysterically, I never would have thought a thread like this would have produced such humor. Good times

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

HUR HUR THAT’S A PUN beats Loolu with a cub.[/quote]

You’re pretty harsh for a Canadian. I thought it was in the Canadian handbook not to be rude, or is that only in the civilized parts? Excluding Quebec of course.
[/quote]
He’s fucking Wolverine

[quote]J.W. wrote:
Defeating the bear would be a cinch.
Assemble all the other people in a group and say, “If you’re a vegitarian, raise your hand.” Then, grab one of the vegetarians by the feet and beat the bear to death with him/her.

*Note: Be sure to make a mental note of some of the other vegitarians so you’ll know who to grab if your original vegitarian breaks (becoming ineffective as a striking tool).

**Note: If there are no vegitarians in the group, you may use goths or yoga instructors as a contingency.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh God, HAHAHAHAH

You know a threads good when you laugh the second time through.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]J.W. wrote:
Defeating the bear would be a cinch.
Assemble all the other people in a group and say, “If you’re a vegitarian, raise your hand.” Then, grab one of the vegetarians by the feet and beat the bear to death with him/her.

*Note: Be sure to make a mental note of some of the other vegitarians so you’ll know who to grab if your original vegitarian breaks (becoming ineffective as a striking tool).

**Note: If there are no vegitarians in the group, you may use goths or yoga instructors as a contingency.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh God, HAHAHAHAH

You know a threads good when you laugh the second time through. [/quote]
He also forgot emos, hipsters, and swaggots. Actually if you have hippies, that’s even better. Move them to the frontline and make sure they are downwind of the bear. As soon as the bear smells them, it will choke on its own vomit.

Now, I think the issue here is in saying that there aren’t ANY 100 people could do it. If it were average joes with no time to plan anything and the bear was fighting from a corner, you’d have to be retarded to put money on the humans.

But, the OP did say you could pick whatever you wanted for the people. What if those 100 humans were all 6’8" 450lb ex-Spetsnaz professional strongmen with multiple black belts who have studied bear behaviour and anatomy extensively, wrestled bears since they were kids, believe they will go to Valhalla and get 72 virgins if they die gloriously in battle against infidel bears, and are hopped up on 3g of tren a week and just enough meth to make them do some crazy shit. I think they’d have a damn good shot, especially if they were trained by this guy:

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/oyama.html

Now the bears in that video are damn strong, moving around a 700lb dumpster with their forelimbs, but if 3 guys grabbed each leg, it’d have to be able to throw around 1,350lb per limb, which I don’t think it’s capable of. The rest could probably just sit on the bear or something and crush it with their collective weight lol. They’re the bear experts, though, I’m sure they’d figure out something good.

The bear would probably also see 100 people as a major threat, flip shit and, although initially more dangerous as a result, wouldn’t pace itself well in the fight. I highly doubt that nature creates many situations where an animal must face 100 enemies, so there wouldn’t be a strong selection pressure for being able to handle long drawn-out fights.

This is for the guy who said 49 people could easily hold on to the bears paw.

[quote]matias95 wrote:

This is for the guy who said 49 people could easily hold on to the bears paw.[/quote]
not enough room

Read this article and instantly thought of this thread.
http://news.sky.com/story/1142504/grizzly-bear-punched-by-camper-in-alaska

Revive!