One Hundred People Versus a Bear?

[quote]theuofh wrote:
Check out this mental giant:

That makes me sad =(

It’s been two years; there are loads of members here who don’t know about this thread…

100 unarmed men naked. when the bear roars and charges they all shit themselves. bear dies from smell!

The way I look at it, the average human is about 1/4 the size and weight of a 500lb bear. I think I could easily take on 100 humans who all weighed roughly 50lbs, basically a bunch of 5-year olds.

Yeah, I would fucking murder all of those 5-year olds. I’d snap their necks, crush their skulls, cave in their tracheas and/or their sternums, snap multiple femurs, along with the femoral arteries, rip bones out of their sockets, and so forth. Which is pretty much what a grizzly bear in a fight to the death would do to 100 unarmed humans.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
The way I look at it, the average human is about 1/4 the size and weight of a 500lb bear. I think I could easily take on 100 humans who all weighed roughly 50lbs, basically a bunch of 5-year olds.

Yeah, I would fucking murder all of those 5-year olds. I’d snap their necks, crush their skulls, cave in their tracheas and/or their sternums, snap multiple femurs, along with the femoral arteries, rip bones out of their sockets, and so forth. Which is pretty much what a grizzly bear in a fight to the death would do to 100 unarmed humans.[/quote]
I LOL’ed
Unarmed people wouldn’t stand a chance if the bear was on a rampage.
If this took place in the wild and the humans could pick up rocks, sticks and form weapons the maybe.
Just maybe.

It’s just great to see baretta’s avatar again.

It’s great to see Varqanir is still alive. I see he checked in last August.

[quote]Nards wrote:
It’s just great to see baretta’s avatar again.[/quote]

Thank you for the avatar and the thread, another classic!

Funny ass thread.

No weapons, no rocks, no sticks, etc. in a football sized area? The dudes are fucked. All of the guys who say the 100 men can win with their scenerios… Who the hell decides who is going to attack the bear first? What if no one volunteers? Then, who the hell is going to volunteer to be “skinned and de-boned” to make weapons out of my limbs!! GTFO! I mean, the men would be fucking fighting before the bear even started!

And even if they did have a coherent plan… That first battle would leave the survivors She’ll Shocked as fuck! And every blow would be a sounding, crippling blow to the men, whereas these “MMA moves” guys have been talking about Are just going to piss a bear off. I mean you can shoot him with a .45 and he will still charge you. Punches, kicks and knees? C’mon man.

Their only shot would be a smother attack. And then maybe try to choke the beast by trying two or three pairs or Jeans together.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Yeah, I would fucking murder all of those 5-year olds. I’d snap their necks, crush their skulls, cave in their tracheas and/or their sternums, snap multiple femurs, along with the femoral arteries, rip bones out of their sockets, and so forth. Which is pretty much what a grizzly bear in a fight to the death would do to 100 unarmed humans.[/quote]

What if those 5 year olds were all a lot smarter than you? Like, you had the intelligence of a bear?

What the fuck

Its 100 people

one hundred ONE HUNDRED

The bear gets fucked. Proper fucked.

If people are fairly intelligent keep their wits then I reckon around 50 survivors. I think the best tactic would be to aim for the bears eyes with anything you can find. Then after that let it tire in panic before finishing it off. Of course there would be a lot of casualties, but I don’t think you can underestimate 100 humans, it just depends who those humans are.

I believe if the humans leave an escape path for the bear, it would flee. A single would certainly flee a pack of 10 wolf, I don’t see why it would flee 100 humans.

If there’s no escape I don’t know.

And it all depends on who these 100 dudes are.

100 death row convicts have a good shot.

100 average or even well-trained men: bear by brutal mauling.

There is a huge difference here.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
What the fuck

Its 100 people

one hundred ONE HUNDRED

The bear gets fucked. Proper fucked.[/quote]

what can the humans do that would actually hurt the bear?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

What the fuck

Its 100 people

one hundred ONE HUNDRED

what can the humans do that would actually hurt the bear?[/quote]
Kick to the groin?

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

What the fuck

Its 100 people

one hundred ONE HUNDRED

what can the humans do that would actually hurt the bear?[/quote]
Kick to the groin?[/quote]

probably been posted in this thread already, but

I don’t think that 100 people fighting a Bear is analogous in anyway to 100 4th graders fighting a 250lb man, mainly because that would be a situation in which the single man has much greater strength AND intelligence, where as the bear would have much greater strength and weaponry but far lower intelligence.

We also have to determine the mindset of both the humans and the bear. If it was such that both sides were fighting with every morsel of strength and determination possible, I think that the humans would win, there are just too many of them. While the bear was ripping apart the unlucky souls that happened to caught first or charged the bear head on, 30-40 men could jump on the bears back and force it to the ground, long enough for a few men to rip out the bears eyeballs and dig their fingers deep into its sockets and cause as much damage as possible. Then they could swarm the bear, stomping on its head and snout until it was dead or dying, at least until it isn’t going to much of a threat.

Even if the Bear managed to Kill half of the people, it would eventually collapse from exhaustion, considering the amount of total force taken to catch and kill that many full grown men. This would allow the others to do the aforementioned strategy of gouging it’s eyes and stomping its face. Not to mention that fact that the men would likely pick up rocks to bash the bears face.

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
And it all depends on who these 100 dudes are.

100 death row convicts have a good shot.

100 average or even well-trained men: bear by brutal mauling.

There is a huge difference here. [/quote]

What makes you think 100 death row convicts have a better shot than 100 well trained men? Are death row convicts well trained in anything? If so, what?

Jebadiah Springfield iced a bear with his bare hands, and he was completely untrained.

What about the story of the guy with the knife from the top of the last page?
That was a wild story.