One Hundred People Versus a Bear?

Are there any trees involved? If there are, just have everyone climb and start doing Randy Macho Man Savage elbow drops on the bears head.

[quote]dmanor wrote:
The Rugby scenario is pointless, do you think the bear is going to wait for your planned attack? Yeah, he’ll wait for you to set up, distracted or not by the other ones playing with their balls…hehe… It will be unpredictable how the bear will react as the field is too open.

Example, when I was younger in my teens playing football, we practiced in full gear at times. One time we did a British Bulldog kind of thing, we split the team into 2, offense and defense, each end of the football field, the offensive team (I was on offense) had a football the defensive team would tackle us, each player that was tackled became part of the defensive team.

We would set up and go again, until we see who is left standing, over and over. I ended up as the last man with a football. I started at one end of the field, as usual and the other 40+ guys were at the other, I was able to out manouver them for like 10 minutes, I made use of the field and I was fired up with adrenaline, the coach called it a day I finished untackled, it was a rush.

I think the bear would win against the rugby team, becasue when all hell breaks loose the Rugby team will break apart will fast.

I also know a guy that went for a short hike in Alberta, he found a lookout point, he dscribed it as being just off the side of the mountain, it was made of chain link fence and metal posts, I’ll try to describe it, the posts were 6 feet high, around 6 inches in diameter and cemented in the rock face, about 4 feet apart, the chain link fence covered this area about 12 feet wide and about 8 feet high.

This guy heard some brustling sounds off the path so he went to investigate. Big mistake, he came upon a Grizzly and high tailed it out of there, the bear chased him, he was running as fast as he could and the bear was behind him, he could hear it’s breath, he didn’t look back.

He came upon this lookout point and saw a hole in the fence and literally jumped through it and tumbled down the side which was covered with loose rocks and boulders, after he stopped rolling, he looked up and saw the bear at the fence and could see that the shoulder of the bear reached just short of the posts!

Then the bear did something unexpected, he leaned on the fence and folded it down like it was tin-foil and continued his chase, this guy was horrified and had to slide down the mountain because there was no footing, he slid down and ran on the road below and met up with his father (This guy was 24 and traveling the country with his father in an RV) He ran into the RV and screamed for his father to get the hell out of there.

The father (I work with him) said that when he saw his son, he started up the RV and as his son was telling him a grizzly was chasing him, he didn’t see a bear behind his son as he ran towards him, just saw his son full of blood, ripped shirt etc. He informed a park ranger of the incident and the locals (can’t remember the name of the town) said they haven’t seen a bear near that lookout in 30 years.

Perhaps some Albertans on this board might remember this from last summer in their local papers. Anyway, the bear was freakin’ strong if you ask me!! [/quote]

Im sure your friend would have been in just as much trouble if 100 240LB men charged at him en masse at full speed!

The environment I created was a “fight” between 100 men/women and a largest variety of predatory bear.

Not a war, or campaign where there is room for planning, no weapons a fight like a UFC between 100 humans and a bear.

i don’t worship the bear, I just think too many variables where added and weapons tilt the curve to the humans.

A fight would be enough space where you really can’t run away and force you to fight.

[quote]Myllz wrote:
Are there any trees involved? If there are, just have everyone climb and start doing Randy Macho Man Savage elbow drops on the bears head.[/quote]

OH Yeah Brother! Snap into a Slim Jim!

I’d make it charge at me then I’d lay on the floor and have it impale itself on my man organ…

GameOver.

[quote]GaMeOvEr305 wrote:
I’d make it charge at me then I’d lay on the floor and have it impale itself on my man organ…

GameOver.[/quote]

Best answer yet! End of argument. A silly question deserves a silly answer, and this is the one Ive been waiting for!

Sir, I salute you!

And if there were 100 of you?

Beef

[quote]pushharder wrote:
AlbertaBeef wrote:
bigroman wrote:

First of all and like usual, Heifer, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Read the journals of Lewis and Clark and other American, French and Canadian mountain men before you make blanket statements about bears and their behavior…

[/quote]

Yes, because the stories of explorers who need to sensationalize their experiences to sell books and pump up their celebrity as rugged heroes are MUCH MORE RELIABLE than the conclusions from comprehensive research of hundreds of reported bear attacks.

Beef

DA BEAR

One hundred people versus a Barr?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
One hundred people versus a Barr?[/quote]

Is that fair? He has a weapon in that picture…

It always flabergasts me how people are so quick to place mystical powers on things. I don’t care what kind of bear it is, it aint going to kill ONE HUNDERD people! I mean, have you people ever seen one hunderd people in one place? Bears aren’t magic! They aren’t made of steel! If you put one hundred people against a bear, they will win. I don’t care if its a polar bear, grizzly bear, black bear, dancing bear, Coca-Cola bear, Chicago bear or a Care bear!

These are the same people who think Bruce Lee was magic and could kill anyone with one punch.

Okay, the bear may die, but this thread never will.

D

[quote]J.W. wrote:
It always flabergasts me how people are so quick to place mystical powers on things. I don’t care what kind of bear it is, it aint going to kill ONE HUNDERD people! I mean, have you people ever seen one hunderd people in one place? Bears aren’t magic! They aren’t made of steel! If you put one hundred people against a bear, they will win. I don’t care if its a polar bear, grizzly bear, black bear, dancing bear, Coca-Cola bear, Chicago bear or a Care bear!

These are the same people who think Bruce Lee was magic and could kill anyone with one punch.[/quote]

Spot on. Bruce Lee could kill 10 bears with one punch though couldnt he?

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Okay, the bear may die, but this thread never will.

D[/quote]

This thread has become a battle ground between human ingenuity and collective strength versus the wild beast. IMHO it stands to reason that the humans would triumph as long as they worked together… isnt that how we rose to the top of the tree in the first place?

Are there any surviving records of battles between humans and savage animals in the Colosseum during Roman times? Maybe that would give us some idea as to the outcome of this argument?

[quote]Ashes wrote:
J.W. wrote:

These are the same people who think Bruce Lee was magic and could kill anyone with one punch.

Spot on. Bruce Lee could kill 10 bears with one punch though couldnt he?[/quote]

I rescind my last statement. The bear would mow throw 100 weaponless people if it had the inclination to do so. J.W. were not talking squirrels you plink with your twenty two or puny Bruce Lee were talking a Grizzer Barr.

D

The claws and teeth aren’t made of magic and held together by pixie dust. They’re made out of bone. After crunching and tearing through a few people, the bear’s claws and teeth are bound to break, leaving it defenseless. You’d probably have like seventy people left to kill it.

you could dig a hole! put your shirts over the giant hole and wait until he walked on it then burry him alive!

Heres an idea. You can use any 100 people right? Well, this is a callous plan but you could choose people who have had steel plates and rods inserted into them in surgical procedures.

The bears teeth would be ground down somewhat and you would finally get your hands on some brilliant weapons when a few of the 100 are mauled.

That bears going down! Rock on human ingenuity.

[quote]Ashes wrote:
Heres an idea. You can use any 100 people right? Well, this is a callous plan but you could choose people who have had steel plates and rods inserted into them in surgical procedures.

The bears teeth would be ground down somewhat and you would finally get your hands on some brilliant weapons when a few of the 100 are mauled.

That bears going down! Rock on human ingenuity.
[/quote]

Haha best post yet…