T Nation

One Eyed Jack of Diamonds (CL)

What do you think for the trap bar for deads? I have never used one? How does it compare to regular deads?

:musical_score:Grandma Got Run Over By Reindeer!:musical_score:

:rofl: I love it!

1 Like

I like it! It’s my favorite toy. I can definitely pull more with it than conventional deads. Highly recommend. Just a good overall exercise in my opinion. Doesn’t seem to cause as much stress on the CNS so recovery isn’t usually an issue. Use for carries, and rows also… I just have a cheapo from amazon, because I will never need to put 700 lbs on it, but it has held up well. The handles are like cheese graters though, so I taped them.to keep it from.ripping my calluses off.

4 Likes

Nailed it!

1 Like

Most have music in the gym. You have cricket serenating you. That’s great.

1 Like

The poor crickets were crying for help from the mosquitoes packing them off! Winter won’t be here a minute too soon for me.
This tropical depression needs to getbon down the road. Can one die of humidity? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

Living in the Philippines as I often do where the “winter” humidity is around 80% I say no you won’t die from it…

1 Like

My Kansas native wife thinks so. Normally in low 90% range here.

1 Like

It’s been 98% for days now., I am sending it your way. The cold front is supposed to be here tomorrow . Thank God!

2 Likes

What works best for you would be another response on the Hex/Trap vs straight DL bar…

I’m also on the hex, and now back up to my previous best lifts from 6yrs ago with more capacity to increase it - and no nagging glute/lower back twinges (compared to my previous efforts on straight bar DL).

Sorry for derail here @ChickenLittle

1 Like

Just thinking about this makes me shudder with horror.

Well, you do have a different perspective than most “normal” folks when it comes to what can kill…

3 Likes

No worries. It’s pretty difficult to derail this trainwreck. This thread is always open for discussions for everything but politics.

2 Likes

I agree, talk about parrot vermin is strictly out.

2 Likes

Come on cold front! It’s shitty out there.

BP
A bunch with the bar various grips
1x5/65
1x3/75
1x1/85
1x1/95
0x1/100 stuck in the same old place

Pin press
A bunch a 70

Incline bp
Several sets with a bar

Pathetic :fearful:

15 Likes

Sorry you didn’t hit your bench press goal. Why is it that some numbers are just so damn hard to get? Grrr.

Maybe just skip over 100 as a goal. Screw that number. Let 105 be the goal!

2 Likes

Oh no!! sorry to hear

THis was my bench for 5 years…

1 Like

Shit, I know what that’s like.

1 Like

Making an attempt is never pathetic. We’re suppose to get a 20F difference tomorrow. Not out of the 60s. It might sound strange for someone living in the PI part time but I love cool/cold weather.

2 Likes

It seems like you put in weeks of solid work with Max Weight holds and steadily building volume from like 5 x 1 to 5 x 5 or something?

Maybe you’ve built up some fatigue with all that steady, strong work and now you’re just “testing” before you’re fully recovered. Like you’re messing up the timing of your Peak.

1 Like

That is definitely that last work I would ever pick to describe you Miss chicken.

5 Likes