Bench
1x5/55
1x5/65
5x5/70 short paused wide grip

DB incline
1x9/30s
1x3/30s
5x10/25s

Felt like shit last night and struggled through this. The rows and sled will have to wait until tomorrow.

7 Likes

1x2/235 accidental PR!

I hope you did some celebrating. Given that there’s not much celebration happening you need to celebrate this thrice.

1 Like

without having to do any searching what’s this all about, seeing it everywhere
“t-ransformation2021”

1 Like

It’s a contest we have held for the last few years from Jan 1 until June 1. At the end we vote and whoever has the best transformation wins. 5 months to build muscle, lose weight, get bigger, leaner, stronger. And there e is a year to year category too. I am planning on winning in 2030 :rofl:

1 Like

Feeling somewhat better today so far. Finished yesterday’s session, sort of. We had an awesome rain last night and it’s still drizzling so no sled today. That’s okay, we will have plenty of weather for that later.

Wu= A few BPAs

Pendlay rows
5x5/95

BB row
5x10/95

Lying hammie curls
5x10/ dropset tried to keep constant tension

The Kroc program had the direct hamstring work and I need to adapt this to keep that in.

Some DB front and lat raises in between rows

9 Likes

Wu= some.band crap

Trap bar deload
1x5/150
1x5/170
1x5/195

DB incline
2x10/25s
The rest with a 20 for lefty only.
I am finally starting to feel my right front delt working on these. Lefty, not so much. ( must say this in mean school teacher voice)… We will continue with this until everybody gets on board. :angry:
I really feel like my left trap takes over whatever shoulder work is done on the left side. I took the lefty sets to failure and finally started feeling a little bit delt working.

@FlatsFarmer you have any ideas here? How to take the trap out of the mix? Or do I just need to keep working on the MMC?

7 Likes

It sounds like your shoulder is elevating and tension is coming off your mid back and into your upper trap. You know, our ongoing, recurring issue.

To keep your shoulders down so they don’t shrug up and roll forward, get your mid back fired up before the main work. And get your internal shoulder rotation moving smooth so you can lower the bar to your chest without your shoulder coming “up.”

Heres a simple external rotation move for mid back, right on the incline bench.

After that, roll over and lay face up on the incline bench. With that same arm position, rotate your palms down towards the floor. Stretch into that Internal Rotation as you keep your chest up. Think about increasing this ROM so you can lower the barbell to your chest without your shoulders rolling up.

If that’s too much little BS, heres a 600+ pound bencher doing a swinging motion to get the mid back ready.

Maybe you could do like 1 Fat Man Chinup or inverted row before you do a set of incline. Think about pushing your chest towards the bar by squeezing your shoulders together. Hold at the top for a second or two, then lower slowly with that same tightness. Imagine an incline bench in reverse.

3 Likes

Thank you! I will give it try.

1 Like

Okay, warmed with the stuff FFarmer suggested.
A few sets of each.

OHP
1x5/45
1x5/50
1x5/55
1x5/60
10x5/50
Just no joy

DB incline
5 drop sets

Band lat pulls and tri push downs.
3xmany

The rain started really coming down so I called it there.

6 Likes

Full body work out

7 Likes

Leave those baby plants alone.

1 Like

That’s the last big one. It was a fight to the end.

3 Likes

Deer got in the garden, pulled up some of my beets. He didn’t eat them, mostly wrecked the greens. They weren’t quite ready/big enough yet but I pickled them anyway.

Extended the garden fence a couple of feet and strung two more wires around the top. Hopefully it will discourage anymore munching.

7 Likes

Well… I guess that didn’t work! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So fucking pissed. Now, I have a major project. Hope the bitch is happy. We’ll see see how fun it is when I pepper her ass with some bird shot tonight.

1 Like

Okay, training today… not so much. Pissy about the fence, and pissy about this bullshit right here.

So…
I did some light squat stuff. It is squat deload today.
Annnddd… I did some rehab stuff I found online for the uneven shoulder thing I have going. I have fought with this for way too long and what I am doing is making it worse not better. I even broke out the PVC pipe.

It has to be the left being high because that’s the one that’s crunchy under my shoulder blade. Whatever it is, it does it on bench too. Over the years I have made very little progress on upper body lifts. Going to actually make an effort to correct this as much as possible. I know there is some structural damage but not enough to make it obvious during day to day life, only when I am lifting and for a little while afterwards, then it straightens back up.

7 Likes

Lookin good chick, delts are poppin👍

1 Like

I am a firm beliver in strong electric fence

1 Like

I put one up last year, they trampled it and grounded it out. When I get this put back up, I want to put the electric fence on the outside of this fence.