One Eyed Cat!

[quote]makkun wrote:
Hm, if Snopes says it…

It’s just: kittens are being born with their eyes closed, and normally they are blue. I’m surprised that this one seems to have a perfectly developed eye so quickly - and so fast after birth. I’m not convinced yet.

Makkun [/quote]

The snopes article mentions that cyclopia is also usually accompanied by an absence of eyelid(s).

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
Not disagreeing with you at all, but you do realize that the way most animals mate (especially non-human primates) would probably be described as rape if applied to humans.
[/quote]

That’s kinda a weak argument. Animals mate to continue their blood line and reenforce it with favorable genetic traits. Saying that animals mating equates to rape cheapens the atrocity of rape in the human experience.

la’
Redsol1

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:
Not disagreeing with you at all, but you do realize that the way most animals mate (especially non-human primates) would probably be described as rape if applied to humans.

That’s kinda a weak argument. Animals mate to continue their blood line and reenforce it with favorable genetic traits. Saying that animals mating equates to rape cheapens the atrocity of rape in the human experience.

la’
Redsol1

[/quote]

Then again, it also brings up mental images of open land with butt naked wild and physically well endowed women roaming freely just waiting for the right mate with the largest…feathers to walk by and screw them.

Yall DO know the pic is fake, right? Please tell me you do. Don’t make me lose all faith in yall.

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:

la’
Redsol1

[/quote]

You can also say that it’s a weak argument that animals are morally superior to humans and that comparing morality thusly cheapens the great capacity for compassion and love in the human experience. It cuts both ways.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Then again, it also brings up mental images of open land with butt naked wild and physically well endowed women roaming freely just waiting for the right mate with the largest…feathers to walk by and screw them.
[/quote]

HOME!! HOME ON THE RANGE!!!

La’
Redsol1

Theirs something kinda haunting about that photo. And its not just because he has one eye.

I pulled it off CNBC website. It’s supposed to be real. It was born without a nose and it’s nickname was Cy.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
You can also say that it’s a weak argument that animals are morally superior to humans and that comparing morality thusly cheapens the great capacity for compassion and love in the human experience. It cuts both ways.

[/quote]

Very true. Morality is subjective to a certain degree. Compassion and love are great human traits. The faculity where animals act purely in their own self interest without worry about the effects on other animals can also be seen as moral, perhaps to the truest sense of the word because there is no duplicity or attempt to hide there motivations.

ANyway, way off topic and into the wacko zone.

La’
Redsol1

Well… there is this article on it…

shrugs

I’d believe it.

San Diego Zoo has a two headed snake that is still living (I saw it in perso a few months ago). It had one in 2002:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/03/0322_020322_kidsnake.html

Crap happens, just look at what happens with some of the birth defects in humans. I mean, 82% of the people in the US are born stupid. Sh*t happens.

[quote]Dan Fouts wrote:
OK. I’m a big f*cking pussy. And I love cats. So this is sad as hell. Call me an @sshole, but I sometimes care more for animals than people. Animals don’t have a moral compass, so they don’t know any better. But some people suck. The end.

Panther1015 wrote:
Not disagreeing with you at all, but you do realize that the way most animals mate (especially non-human primates) would probably be described as rape if applied to humans.[/quote]

So you agree that I am a pussy. Thanks. :wink:

I agree with another poster’s remark that comparing animal mating to human rape is a hard sell. In fact, it illustrates my point. Animals operate on survival and species propogation instincts. So they mate. If they are indeed raping, they do not realize it. Any person that has ever raped has KNOWN it was wrong. I bet that someone will read this that has raped. They knew it was wrong. They did it anyway.

All I was getting at is that I love animals. I get irritated to no end when, for example, a couple of dogs raised by their owners to attack and kill actually attack and kill a person. The dogs get put to death. OK, I get it. They are a threat. The people go to … jail? F that. I don’t know that putting the people to death is the right thing to do, but justice isn’t being served.

Dan

[quote]IronHell wrote:
Well… there is this article on it…

shrugs

I’d believe it.

San Diego Zoo has a two headed snake that is still living (I saw it in perso a few months ago). It had one in 2002:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/03/0322_020322_kidsnake.html

Crap happens, just look at what happens with some of the birth defects in humans. I mean, 82% of the people in the US are born stupid. Sh*t happens.[/quote]

Same link Drudge listed when he had it up Monday.

The wonders of genetics and the crap shoot that it is can produce some unbeleivable results. I believe the Vet school at Texas A&M had a display of deformed animals that had been born and donated to them. Two headed calves, goats, etc. not uncommon.
If you look into the topic of carnival and sideshow “freaks” from the past you’d be amazed at how deformed humans can be and still survive.

You wanna know what would be cool? Making Greek mythical monsters such as Minotaur. I’ve always wanted my own Minotaur. It has to be a strong Minotaur that can lift a car over its head. But thats just my imagination (I have a very, uh, active imagination).

[quote]IronHell wrote:

Crap happens, just look at what happens with some of the birth defects in humans. I mean, 82% of the people in the US are born stupid. Sh*t happens.[/quote]

Really? 82% you say? That seems like a low ball number to me.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
IronHell wrote:

Crap happens, just look at what happens with some of the birth defects in humans. I mean, 82% of the people in the US are born stupid. Sh*t happens.

Really? 82% you say? That seems like a low ball number to me. [/quote]

=D

[quote]DaveF wrote:
You wanna know what would be cool? Making Greek mythical monsters such as Minotaur. I’ve always wanted my own Minotaur. It has to be a strong Minotaur that can lift a car over its head. But thats just my imagination (I have a very, uh, active imagination).[/quote]

I have a hidden room in my basement dedicated to exactly this science. In fact, I have created a minotaur much like what you’ve imagined, but it falls woefully short on the strength issue. It’s levers aren’t good for lifting and it can’t bench more than 205, but he does make a very good spotter for me.
I also created a Cerberus, but it choked on a light fixture and died. Man that was a bitch to discreetly bury in the backyard.

DB

What the hell?!?

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
DaveF wrote:
You wanna know what would be cool? Making Greek mythical monsters such as Minotaur. I’ve always wanted my own Minotaur. It has to be a strong Minotaur that can lift a car over its head. But thats just my imagination (I have a very, uh, active imagination).

I have a hidden room in my basement dedicated to exactly this science. In fact, I have created a minotaur much like what you’ve imagined, but it falls woefully short on the strength issue. It’s levers aren’t good for lifting and it can’t bench more than 205, but he does make a very good spotter for me.
I also created a Cerberus, but it choked on a light fixture and died. Man that was a bitch to discreetly bury in the backyard.

DB[/quote]

Whaddya do, neuter him?

[quote]DaveF wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
DaveF wrote:

DB

Whaddya do, neuter him?

[/quote]

I didn’t screen the human DNA that I used well enough. Apparently, I used the DNA of a 6’5" soy-lover crossed with that of a hermaprhodite calf instead of a mature bull. Hey, it was all i could get my hands on at the time. It still looks pretty cool, though.

DB